Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,417 Posts
cerberus said:
Total Sky Production - 5247
Do we know the total Solstice Production number to date?

That timing belt recall made it look as though they are catching up to one another in total numbers (based on VIN), but I don't think that can be right - or can it?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1994SC2 said:
Do we know the total Solstice Production number to date?

That timing belt recall made it look as though they are catching up to one another in total numbers (based on VIN), but I don't think that can be right - or can it?

Good point. Don't really know as far as why the vins looked like a similar range.
The model year is part of the vin, but don't know where they start.

Total Solstice prod totals up to 25,069.
Total 2007 MY prod is reported as 1,898.

Barring a change in plan, I thought Solstice prod would always be quite a bit more than Sky, pushing 2 to 1.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,381 Posts
cerberus said:
Good point. Don't really know as far as why the vins looked like a similar range.
The model year is part of the vin, but don't know where they start.

Total Solstice prod totals up to 25,069.
Total 2007 MY prod is reported as 1,898.

Barring a change in plan, I thought Solstice prod would always be quite a bit more than Sky, pushing 2 to 1.
Yep. Solstice 20,000 vs 10,000 Sky. But don't forget these figures for July will probably end up down then past months due to the vacation shutdown.

I heard a "rumor" they made the first preproduction opel at the plant in Willmington , last week.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
138 Posts
cerberus, any idea if any of these are coming to canada? still wating,since mar.11-06.:mad: not even an image yet:banghead:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
804 Posts
Thank you for posting the numbers! They come in handy when talking to people who ask about the Sky and why they haven't seen one yet..."so far, atleast through July, only 5200 or so have been made..."
Helps with the "I know what I'm talking about" part of answering questions.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
her sky said:
cerberus, any idea if any of these are coming to canada? still wating,since mar.11-06.:mad: not even an image yet:banghead:
Sorry, but I have no idea. Local Candians might have a better idea what's happening up north.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Kustomkaps said:
Thank you for posting the numbers! They come in handy when talking to people who ask about the Sky and why they haven't seen one yet..."so far, atleast through July, only 5200 or so have been made..."
Helps with the "I know what I'm talking about" part of answering questions.
Those numbers represent units built.
To get an idea what you might see on the street, sales numbers might be more in line.

July Sky Sales - 860
Sky Sales To-Date - 3701
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
804 Posts
cerberus said:
Those numbers represent units built.
To get an idea what you might see on the street, sales numbers might be more in line.

July Sky Sales - 860
Sky Sales To-Date - 3701
Well now, that's even cooler! Like the little gecko says...'exclusivity'.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top