Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, call me blonde if ya want to...although I AM a red ehad, I noticed a couple of posts awhile back about painted rims. I have not heard that this is an option, but some of you must know that it is. What colors, and any pics?!:confused:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hayley; I have seen here that the painted wheel will be available as the "base" wheel, but have been told by my dealer that it will not. Regardless, the painted wheel is silver and is clearcoated. It does not have the luster that the polished wheel has and none of the "bling" that the chrome plated wheel has. It is hard to get a feel for the difference via a picture.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I am getting the standard wheel in my package and it was already ordered. They actually gave me the option to go with the standard wheel (which makes me kind of embarrased since it will be displayed in showroom like that). I have been researching some gunmetal colored wheels for my car since it is the Silver Graphite color. If I had gone with the Silver I would have gotten the chrome Satuen wheels but I don't think they will look as good on Silver Graphite. I need something a little darker! I saw a picture once upon a time of the SKY with the standard wheel mounted. They were not impressive but oh well what are you gonna do?

I asked my dealership if they could switch the tires ontp my new wheels when the car comes in for display and he said no (whch surprised me I guess). I wanted the car to look sharp with different wheels in the showroom floor but I guess they weren't that worried about it. I will have an appointment the day I get to take my Sky home for a wheel/tire swap and tint for the windows. I have always gone with a 35% (illegal in VA) tint which has always kept the leather cooloer inside my cars and the dash in better condition. I am shortly afterwards going to get a system installed but that will be maybe a month after I get the car! Premium components and an in-dash DVD/CD/MP3 combo for sure! :willy:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
clarification is always a good thing

OK, now I understand. By painted you just mean the alloy wheels not the chrome upgraded ones. I thought by "painted" it meant they were color coordinated to the color of the vehicle. See, female thing.:willy: I am so discombobulated with the whole thing. Just gimme a car, and tell me it's mine...at this point, I just don't care!

Oh, and red heads do rule the school!:yesnod:

·
Registered
250 Posts
that would be fun, color coded with maybe a chrome rim..

something to think about after market.

I'll probably be switch out wheels when I break in the tires on the standard.. I'm not keen on the RS-A's that seem to be comming with the car, specially since I'm in florida and all weather can be substituted for summer 11 and 1/2 months out of the year.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,568 Posts
Powder Coated
Similar to painted... but different process and different finish. Still looks GREAT!!!

Painted Alloy

Polished

Chrome

Red Heads

:D :cheers: :D

Chrome and polished are similar... but not exactly the same process... similar results though.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nice rims

If thinking of color coding rims to car, I can tell you that I saw a set of Foose chrome rims with red accents that were awesome! The new commercial that ran for the Meguiar's wax for rims that is a sponge ball you put on the drill-Chip Foose does this commercial and is detailing some very trick rims!

Saw it on Speed channel all week during Barret-Jackson auctions!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts