Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to a branch bank that I usually do not go to today. I had my head firmly planted up my butt when I turned into the parking lot and I scraped my nose going over a drain grate. (The Skys nose, not mine) I was lucky. there is a black plastic piece that attaches to the painted part of the bumper that got scraped. You can't see it unless you crawl under the car. I was lucky. Just a little more and I could have done a lot more damage.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
That black plastic piece is what directs airflow up to the radiator. It is about 3-31/2" off ground. It is also used to direct fresh, not old, roadkill to the radiator to be cooked to a nice pleasant well done iffen yall remember to stop to eat......Skip.....:lol: :lol:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Skip said:
That black plastic piece is what directs airflow up to the radiator. It is about 3-31/2" off ground. It is also used to direct fresh, not old, roadkill to the radiator to be cooked to a nice pleasant well done iffen yall remember to stop to eat......Skip.....:lol: :lol:
:lol:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
Come on Rick you know that when driving a Sky ,we forget to eat so, this is a way to make up for it. I mean you gotta get gas sometime. So while fueling just pop the hood and look at the radiator and pop a morsel of good ol roadkill cooked to perfection from the Sky.... Skip....:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Hey Rick, have you had your first nose scrape yet? It will happen, and you will freak, but you will live thru it!!!!:lol: :lol: It happens to all of us at some point, it is all of part of the initiation, you will then move out of rookie status:D :thumbs:

·
Registered
197 Posts
Got 1 or 2 nose scrapes in driveways, but my real scare occurred yesterday. I was following a pickup going 45-50. It easly passed over a large brick shaped rock in the middle of the lane. Happened too quick. I could not go anywhere but over it. :willy: I felt a little clunk when it hit the black rubber airdam underneath but luckily that was it. Just a real helpless feeling at first.
I hit a piece of firewood while driving my Toyota MR2 at night. Really messed up the front spoiler underneath.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
No to the nose scrape but Yes to the sun burn! I'm gona give her a bath and then take some pic's

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
TX-Sky said:
Got 1 or 2 nose scrapes in driveways, but my real scare occurred yesterday. I was following a pickup going 45-50. It easly passed over a large brick shaped rock in the middle of the lane. Happened too quick. I could not go anywhere but over it. :willy: I felt a little clunk when it hit the black rubber airdam underneath but luckily that was it. Just a real helpless feeling at first.
I hit a piece of firewood while driving my Toyota MR2 at night. Really messed up the front spoiler underneath.
After the airdam that is 3" off the ground the rest of the underside is one big skid plate. So if you can roll over that nasty polecat the rest is pretty dang easy...Skip...:cool: :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts