Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my checkbook out ready to sign away $1000 for a deposit - then he said they were not taking deposits on the redline - at least not until aug. I mentioned a dozen or more already had order numbers. He said there were not "real" order numbers. Why is it all Saturn dealers are not on the same page when it comes to ordering the redline?

BTW the dealership I went to was Spacecoast Saturn located in Melbourne FL.

Very discouraging!!

·
Registered
141 Posts
How about trying another dealer? Is there one reasonably close? Or would you have to got Orlando?

·
Registered
96 Posts
geerhed said:
I had my checkbook out ready to sign away $1000 for a deposit - then he said they were not taking deposits on the redline - at least not until aug. I mentioned a dozen or more already had order numbers. He said there were not "real" order numbers. Why is it all Saturn dealers are not on the same page when it comes to ordering the redline?

Very discouraging!!
Well, the dealer is right in the fact that they are not true order numbers. They are considered preliminary orders. Still, your dealer should have been willing to get you set up with one of those. they sit in limbo within the database until such time that they are able to be picked up.

·
Registered
73 Posts
x5

geerhed said:

Very discouraging!!
my 1st trip to dealership had check for $5K... refused said nx year.
..found 1 in a week 5 hours away !!

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
geerhed said:
I Why is it all Saturn dealers are not on the same page when it comes to ordering the redline?
:lol: Why should they be different with the Red Line then they were with the origional Sky?

·
Registered
202 Posts
heh, the stories are different even inside the same store.
Do we have allocation? Can we order? What's coming? Is that midnight blue one for sale? YES! no, wait! not yet, waiting for a part... wait too long, maybe we should sell it- no don't show it!
You should hear all the garbage and confusion internally. Sometimes I think overcapacity would be better...

·
Registered
450 Posts
fyi....try Saturn in Daytona.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Curious why you would drive all the way out to Melbourne when Orlando has 3 dealerships? When I went to Space Coast the other day they didn't even have one there. Sucked, I really wanted to see how it fit:D

·
Registered
78 Posts
The reality is that the redline can NOT be ordered yet. Regardless of what you have seen or heard. I talk to our sales manager every morning and ask if redline orders can go through or not. They dont as of yet... but soon real soon i hear.

·
Registered
517 Posts
geerhed said:

Very discouraging!!
If they had taken your deposit and agreed to get you the car, if you changed your mind in a few months would you expect your deposit back? Just curious whether a deposit is representative of an agreement or not.

·
Registered
295 Posts
go to the saturn dealer in casselberry..they will take it

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I wrote on a blank piece of paper the following:

Name
Date

Black Onyx
Black leather
Premium package
6 CD Monsoon
XM
Chrome wheels

Refunable deposit
Transferable

Signed by me and dealer rep

·
Registered
62 Posts
Left Deposit Yesterday on RL

I've been in an out of the dealership over the past two weeks trying to decide on ordering a SKY or the Sky RL. Yesterday I took the red one they have available for another test ride and decided to jump in with both feet. Put $500. down to have the honor of being the number 3 call at the dealership to order the RL. If I change my mind I get my check back. I can be a very patient person when I want to be. I also told them that if anyone decides that they don't want their Sky (non-RL) and it fits in with the colors and options I want then give me a call. This dealership was one of the few in the state that started taking deposits on the original Sky cars and has managed to serve the customer.

The dealership has 4 folks with RL deposits in (1 from KY and the other 3 from TN). Sales rep says they anticipate cost sheets in July and initial discussion is that the dealership here in Knoxville will get 7 RL alotted. Also hearing that the manufacturing plant has the Sky's built but GM can't get the transportation. I asked why they didn't allow customers to go up to the plant and do the pick up. Ford and others use to do that and they would just drop freight and tax off the price. Happy customers and an empty lot of new cars!!!!

Once I get the "official" call on what the cost, colors, and options are going to be I'll go final on the colors. So far I've seen the black, silver graphite, the silver, and the red. I'm going after the silver graphited with black top, red/blk interior and just a radio upgrade. Spoiler is an NA, dorks up the lines of my "mini vette." Back up colors are red, midnight blue, and yellow. Yellow might be the way to go since hardly anyone is ordering in that color. There is a guy who calls into the dealership here that keeps after them to sell him one if someone turns it down--willing to pay $35K. I just want a shot at one...has anyone had any disappointment with the manual shifting on the car. Cunsumer Reports was rather unkind about this feature.

Thanks
MonyGone

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
MonyGone said:
I've been in an out of the dealership over the past two weeks trying to decide on ordering a SKY or the Sky RL. Yesterday I took the red one they have available for another test ride and decided to jump in with both feet. Put $500. down to have the honor of being the number 3 call at the dealership to order the RL. If I change my mind I get my check back. I can be a very patient person when I want to be. I also told them that if anyone decides that they don't want their Sky (non-RL) and it fits in with the colors and options I want then give me a call. This dealership was one of the few in the state that started taking deposits on the original Sky cars and has managed to serve the customer.

The dealership has 4 folks with RL deposits in (1 from KY and the other 3 from TN). Sales rep says they anticipate cost sheets in July and initial discussion is that the dealership here in Knoxville will get 7 RL alotted. Also hearing that the manufacturing plant has the Sky's built but GM can't get the transportation. I asked why they didn't allow customers to go up to the plant and do the pick up. Ford and others use to do that and they would just drop freight and tax off the price. Happy customers and an empty lot of new cars!!!!

Once I get the "official" call on what the cost, colors, and options are going to be I'll go final on the colors. So far I've seen the black, silver graphite, the silver, and the red. I'm going after the silver graphited with black top, red/blk interior and just a radio upgrade. Spoiler is an NA, dorks up the lines of my "mini vette." Back up colors are red, midnight blue, and yellow. Yellow might be the way to go since hardly anyone is ordering in that color. There is a guy who calls into the dealership here that keeps after them to sell him one if someone turns it down--willing to pay $35K. I just want a shot at one...has anyone had any disappointment with the manual shifting on the car. Cunsumer Reports was rather unkind about this feature.

Thanks
MonyGone

Make sure you tell them in advance that you want nothing added to the car, no protector, no simonize, no change of wheel's, no window etching , no rust protector, no dealership sticker's ect. Unless you want some of these then let them know what you want in advance.

These dealers are making people get thing 's they don't want and it's not legal. But telling them after the fact will do you no good,you could say no to the car but that's hard to do when you see your car sitting in front of you, then they will sell it to someone else.

My Pontiac dealer agreed to everything up front with my Solstice and didn't pressure me at all. This is how it should be.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
silentbob - I recently moved from Orlando to Satellite Beach and just updated my profile.

A silver sky with blk/red interior was there out front. I sat in it and a rep kindly came out and said the man is inside doing the paper work. It was nice- but it was an automatic.

Are you planning on buying a redline silentbob?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hoping too. I'll be there as soon as they start taking deposits. I'm in Satellite once a week, so it would be cool to see 2 SRL's in the same area.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts