Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay everybody, some of the lucky few are already placing their orders and then there is the rest of us patiently waiting...question is, if you were to receive the word that images are in and that you could place your final order, do you know exactly what you want?! I've been going back and forth on my final decision on exterior and interior colors, but I think I've finally made up my mind! I'm interested in what others of you want, after all, some of us may end up doing some of these drives (rallies?) together like what's being started up with the Solstice owners! Here goes:

License plate: MY SKY (have it already, just waiting for the car!)
Polar white with tan/black int and tan top
6 disc monsoon
XM
Chrome wheels
LSD
Spoiler
Automatic trans.
And the wait continues...:)

·
Registered
75 Posts
First Choice

Bluestone
Black Interior/Exterior
Premium Trim Package
6 Disc Monsoon
Chrome Wheels
LSD
Spoiler
Manual Trans

Second Choice

Midnight Blue
Bluestone
Black Interior/Exterior
Premium Trim Package
6 Disc Monsoon
Chrome Wheels
LSD
Spoiler
Manual Trans

Licencse Plate - whatever MVA assigns :)

Will make the final decision when the dealer calls me to place my order....either wait longer for the my first choice or get my second choice now!!!... it's so hard to decide. :willy:

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
azote said:
hey i'm new here in the US ....
how can you get the personalized plate if you don't have the car???
can any one do that?

another thing is getting the yellow color (+195) hard? or is available as another color?
I'm not sure if I'll get this exactly correct, my husband would know for sure, but my "special" plates on my camaro were up to be renewed, so instead of going with the special plates again I went with a personalized plate that will go on my camaro now. When I get my SKY these plates will come off of my camaro and be transferred (for a fee I believe) to my SKY. I ordered my plates very early since once the SKY really hits the market I knew I had no chance to get one of the personalized plates I wanted. How this works state to state I don't know. Also, in Texas you must have a front license plate, but, on all of the cars we've ordered in the past we've stated not to drill for it. What we do is promise the dealer at some point that is something we'll have done in the future, needless to say, we don't do it. Anyone agree that that ruins the front of the car?! As far as getting the yellow, I haven't heard that it will be hard to get, just an additional cost unlike the other colors.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Prelim order in - waiting for "official" one

Yellow
Manual
Monsoon CD (no changer)
Chrome wheels
Leather Pac
:thumbs:

If I have to choose; color can be worked out (I might walk if it is ANY kind of silver)
I will NOT pay for radio - so XM is out
But beyond that - I will look

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
boots said:
I'm not sure if I'll get this exactly correct, my husband would know for sure, but my "special" plates on my camaro were up to be renewed, so instead of going with the special plates again I went with a personalized plate that will go on my camaro now. When I get my SKY these plates will come off of my camaro and be transferred (for a fee I believe) to my SKY. I ordered my plates very early since once the SKY really hits the market I knew I had no chance to get one of the personalized plates I wanted. How this works state to state I don't know. Also, in Texas you must have a front license plate, but, on all of the cars we've ordered in the past we've stated not to drill for it. What we do is promise the dealer at some point that is something we'll have done in the future, needless to say, we don't do it. Anyone agree that that ruins the front of the car?! As far as getting the yellow, I haven't heard that it will be hard to get, just an additional cost unlike the other colors.
From what I understand, that is what we do here in Cali also. Order the plates for your other car, and when u get the sky have them transferred over.
as far as the front plate requirement, I actually found a form at the CA dmv website that you can take to your dealer. It basically states that you accept responsiblity to fasten a front plate at a later date and you release the dealer from any responsiblity concerning the front plate law.
so if they give you a hard time, go to dmv and get the form.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I was suprised that in Arkansas you can get personalized plates without the car. You have to fill out a form giving them three choices. If you go in person they can tell you which of your choice is available, if you mail it the pick the first one available according to your preference. The plate takes 6 weeks to arrive, so mine should be ready in March. They will hold them for 1 year. When you get the car you go pickup the plates.

·
Registered
46 Posts
my sky

license plate : OHH YEA
Color : Green
Trans : Man

Sky: Fully Loaded with every option.
Spoiler
Plan to add neon lighting to the interior. Probably green or white.
I'm going to go with the black leather interior and black top as well.
Will get the custom exhaust from Kappasphere.com
Possibly a cold air intake to go with it.
Stereo upgrade is possible too.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Well, here's the SKY as I would like it:

EXT COLOR: MIDNIGHT BLUE (25U) or SILVER GRAPHITE (42U)
INT COLOR: Black Leather (192)
TOP COLOR: Black (19T)
OPTIONS:
6-disc CD/MP3 with Monsoon Speakers (US9)
Premium Trim Package (PCH)
18" Chrome Alloy Rims (PD5)
Automatic Transmission (MX0)
LSD (G80)
MSRP = $27,170.00

I was 100% confident that I was going with Midnight Blue as the exterior color; however, the wife has recently chimed in saying she doesn't want Blue and her choices were Yellow or Silver Pearl. Since neither of those two colors are what I want, we agreed that Silver Graphite was nice (went to see an HHR on Sunday in this color). I still want the Blue, so right now I'm not sure. Since I haven't got the call to come in to make an image the SKY I want, I figured I still have some time to mull it over.

·
Registered
256 Posts
EXT COLOR: Yellow / Silver Pearl / Silver Graphite
INT COLOR: Black Leather or black leather with red inserts (if silver)
TOP COLOR: Black
OPTIONS:
1 disc CD/MP3 with Monsoon Speakers (both cars now have 6 disc. Why waste the money when you can have an MP3 playback?)
Premium Trim Package
18" Chrome Alloy Rims
Manual Transmission
LSD
Spoiler

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
boots said:
Okay everybody, some of the lucky few are already placing their orders and then there is the rest of us patiently waiting...question is, if you were to receive the word that images are in and that you could place your final order, do you know exactly what you want? . . . QUOTE]

I went with:
Graphite
balck/red
single CD with Monsoon
Chrome wheel
Auto trans
no Onstar

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
bigdog said:
boots said:
Okay everybody, some of the lucky few are already placing their orders and then there is the rest of us patiently waiting...question is, if you were to receive the word that images are in and that you could place your final order, do you know exactly what you want? . . . QUOTE]

I went with:
Graphite
balck/red
single CD with Monsoon
Chrome wheel
Auto trans
no Onstar
Are you talking about a Solstice?
you HAVE to get OnStar on the SKYs

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'm getting:

Midnight blue
tan leather/top
auto w/LSD
Chrome wheels
6 disc CD changer
spoiler

Looks like most of you are getting the black interiors...

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
boots said:
CdnSkyGuy said:
I think the no onstar one was posted by Big Dog? I like the onstar option, it actually has come in handy on one of our other vehicles. I think it is just an option on the Solstice though, right?
OnStar is standard equipment on the Sky but optional on the Solstice...

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Sorry Boots...yeah the OnStar is an option on the Solstice but Standard Equipment on the SKY.

Anyways...I got:

Yellow
Black top/interior
Premium Trim Pkg
Monsoon Single Disc
Spoiler
LSD (standard Equipment in Canada)
XM Radio
Chrome Rims
5 Speed Transmission

1 - 16 of 16 Posts