1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh my god!

I received a call from my dealer;

I'm going tomorrow in the car (he has one demo);

I'm doing the paperwork tomorrow; at MSRP!

I'm sooooooo exited!

But we don't know when the Red Line is coming out?!? It would kill my heart to be passed by a Sky Red Line less than one year after purchase.
What should I do? If I get the stock one and sell it next year, I'm going to have big loss to cover right? My wallet can't afford a lost of something like 8,000$ in one year.

You guys think I should wait 10months (Red Line for Optimist) or 4 months (The 2.4L Sky)?

Guys, I'm exited, I'm afraid to do the wrong move; please what should I do?

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Snowy_Beast said:
Oh my god!

I received a call from my dealer;

I'm going tomorrow in the car (he has one demo);

I'm doing the paperwork tomorrow; at MSRP!

I'm sooooooo exited!

But we don't know when the Red Line is coming out?!? It would kill my heart to be passed by a Sky Red Line less than one year after purchase.
What should I do? If I get the stock one and sell it next year, I'm going to have big loss to cover right? My wallet can't afford a lost of something like 8,000$ in one year.

You guys think I should wait 10months (Red Line for Optimist) or 4 months (The 2.4L Sky)?

Guys, I'm exited, I'm afraid to do the wrong move; please what should I do?
Go for it, judging from things, the Red Line could be held up or something, at least you would have one of the first production SKYS, and if you save allthe documents generated by the order, it help at sale time. Cars with documentation will sometimes draw a better than average price and iI think these cars will be in demand for a while. Any ideas?
ERNEST

·
Registered
275 Posts
There is no wrong move! Question is, can you wait indefinitely on a Redline or go for the sure thing tomorrow?! I'm just a silly woman, so the extra horsepower bit doesn't mean anything to me, so I know I'd get the car I've been waiting what seems like forever for, as soon as possible! Congratulations on whatever you decide! :driving:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Life is short. If you want it get it. Hell you could get hit by a truck full of Sky's on the way to the dealer. I keep thinking why I want the Sky. It looks good and I am going to feel good in it. I'd like the extra hp but I can have a turbo kit put it at a later date.

Congrats! I got the same call and I am going in tomorrow.:thumbs:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Guys,
I had the same delimma last week......I was #1 on the list to order a Sky and I passed to be #1 on list for the Redline.....Can'y get over this feeling of dread as I see the Skys coming out now.....But Hey, 30k and I had no idea on how the colors would look,what options would be available when and in general ...conflicting information about everything....So I rolled the dice hoping at this time next year I would be awaiting a Redline....Salesman at the dealership said I was making a mistake...buy car now and resell when redline comes out...His thoughts were that I would get what I paid for the car by that time.....Dunno,never been lucky at making a profit....seems everytime a profit is made its off me....Good Luck deciding.....All I can say is that it hurts watching the excitement of the new skys coming out and knowing you could have had one for this summer.....Guess we must keep in mind the fact of a 240-260 hp Redline (plus any new acessories) will eventually heal the wounds. So as I sit and watch on the sidelines now,maybe I will be a starter (star?) next year.......

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I’m gonna go for it!

:banghead:

As hard as I would like to wait, tomorrow I'm gonna physically get in the car; I don't think I'll resist its charm.....

More news (and picture) tomorrow.

I'll have a Midnight Blue with Beige and Black interior, what you think?

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Way to go, congrats. I know how hard it will be to wait. I am waiting for the 2008 (dont really want to get ride of my vue) But ya know.. a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do....lol :lol:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks to all for your support!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Let me Help out here if it is not to late...You all should buy the car now and get on the list or order a Redline when the time comes. If you believe it will be less than 1 yr or so for the redline, buy the sky drive it for your 6 months to 1 year and sell it for what you paid for it. If you believe the demand will be there. You may even be able to make a small profit on it. Just a thought with a lot of upside and little downside.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
:agree:

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I try to remember what brought me to the Sky in the first place, It's a great looking car at a great price :cheers:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
pphjj5 said:
Let me Help out here if it is not to late...You all should buy the car now and get on the list or order a Redline when the time comes. If you believe it will be less than 1 yr or so for the redline, buy the sky drive it for your 6 months to 1 year and sell it for what you paid for it. If you believe the demand will be there. You may even be able to make a small profit on it. Just a thought with a lot of upside and little downside.
nighttripper said:

nighttripper said:
I try to remember what brought me to the Sky in the first place, It's a great looking car at a great price :cheers:

·
Registered
275 Posts
Snowy_Beast said:
I think I’m gonna go for it!

:banghead:

As hard as I would like to wait, tomorrow I'm gonna physically get in the car; I don't think I'll resist its charm.....

More news (and picture) tomorrow.

I'll have a Midnight Blue with Beige and Black interior, what you think?
I'm now thinking of going with the blue and beige/black interior. I was convinced I wanted the Polar White with the beige/black. Now, I don't know. Congrats on your decision to go ahead and order now! :thumbs:

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
I agree, that I'm doing, althought all depreciate automatically when driven off the lot, I firmly beleive that the demand will ba as such that you wuld probably make a profit on the SKY you will be driving if sold privately, don't think dealers would give you as much for trade in. Could make enough from private to cover your TT&L on the red line.

ERNEST

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
They will have one here in FT Worth as a demo, Mid Blue/Tan Lthr/Blk Top/Splr/Chrome Wheels/6 cd XM/Delux Int Pkg/Lsd I saw on my order sheet along with mine and the other demo. By the way the other one will be Yellow/Blk Ltr/blk top + all the other items listed above. All three are 025, went from 020 to 025 at the same time, 5 days. HAPPY MOTORING & May all your SKY's be blue!

ERNEST

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ernest said:
I agree, that I'm doing, althought all depreciate automatically when driven off the lot, I firmly beleive that the demand will ba as such that you wuld probably make a profit on the SKY you will be driving if sold privately, don't think dealers would give you as much for trade in. Could make enough from private to cover your TT&L on the red line.

ERNEST
I plan to add the Kappasphere Cold Air Intake, KS1 Sport Exhaust and Kappasphere Lowering Springs by Eibach

http://www.kappasphere.com/products/performance/

and with those had I should (hopefully flirt with 200HP); I plan to maybe upgrade my cpu, if possible, just to reach that psychological number of 200HP.
:cheers:

With all this, I hope my lost won't be too big if I make the move next summer for the Saturn Sky 2008!

:leaving:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts