Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
**UPDATE** Just got a gut wrenching email today **UPDATE**

***********UPDATE**********

Just got a new email today, looks like my pressure, and the pressure from saturn worked!!

Chris, we will have a Image in the next couple of weeks. we have only had two and there was one customer ahead of you. the next available image will be ready for you to place a order.
Now there is still the deal with your trade as far as to how much it is worth and if there is a payoff. there are other varibles to consider, financing or paying cash, how much down payment, what is a the payment range you are trying to be in? if these dont match up to what you are expecting then that image could go to the next in line. I know you said your mom was going to co-sign and help you, do you have other finance options available? Credit union? We have no promotions on this car as of now.

here from ya soon.
Ron

Afeter being promised I was first on the list, being told I was going to be the first to order I get this email.

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the opportunity. The Saturn Sky will not be here until later-March. We are placing your name on a list of contacts to be contacted at the time vehicles arrive. Saturn is only building 12000 the first year. This equates to two to three vehicles per store in all of Canada and the US. For the first year model customers will have no choice of options. They will be sold on a first come, first serve basis with the options they are built with. No deposits are being taken at this time. Those who left deposits in advance will be receiving refunds soon. I apologize for the inconvenience. Thanks again for the opportunity.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
ruledawg said:
Afeter being promised I was first on the list, being told I was going to be the first to order I get this email.

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the opportunity. The Saturn Sky will not be here until later-March. We are placing your name on a list of contacts to be contacted at the time vehicles arrive. Saturn is only building 12000 the first year. This equates to two to three vehicles per store in all of Canada and the US. For the first year model customers will have no choice of options. They will be sold on a first come, first serve basis with the options they are built with. No deposits are being taken at this time. Those who left deposits in advance will be receiving refunds soon. I apologize for the inconvenience. Thanks again for the opportunity.
Man, that doesn't sound right at all.

Looks like the dealer is backing out of orders so they can use their allocation for dealer stock - presumably to charge $1000's over MSRP.

This is pretty similar to how the first Lotus Elises went - the handful of dealers had allocations for customer orders and allocations for dealer stock orders. One would have thought the dealers would fill the sold orders first (ones with deposits), but they moved their own dealer stock orders ahead of customer orders - for vehicles where nobody had choices on options and for which the dealers charged premium. Some people had to wait literally over a year for their order to be filled and sold. :(

I'll leave it to the other dealers on the forum to comment, but I'm sure this is specific to your dealership, and contacting Saturn directly and explaining how this is unacceptable to you may help. I don't know the policy on dealers being able to cancel orders.

You should also shop around - maybe you'll get lucky, but being in CA, I somehow think that you may be at a market disadvantage.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
they said 2-3 per dealership. but thats more like 2-3 per month or so. (not trying to be exact) anyway,

that is total BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
start sending emails to saturn.. someone else on the forum did that and actually got a response. His dealer changed tune real quick

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
usmc said:
they said 2-3 per dealership. but thats more like 2-3 per month or so. (not trying to be exact) anyway,

that is total BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
start sending emails to saturn.. someone else on the forum did that and actually got a response. His dealer changed tune real quick

Oh I just sent a real nasty email to saturn. Plus they kept saying I was first on the list, and that I could order real soon. I knew there was going to be something fishy about this dealer but you have to have some sort of trust. I about put my fist through a wall when I saw this email, I contated them back in june when he had barley heard of the sky. I just hope it all gets sorted out.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
ruledawg said:
Oh I just sent a real nasty email to saturn. Plus they kept saying I was first on the list, and that I could order real soon. I knew there was going to be something fishy about this dealer but you have to have some sort of trust. I about put my fist through a wall when I saw this email, I contated them back in june when he had barley heard of the sky. I just hope it all gets sorted out.
shoulda put a fist thru his wall!!!!

I know this won't make you feel much better but like I've told others here who have been shafted, there are 3 dealerships north of you doing MSRP and no BS, order it how you like. unfortunately, you would go to the bottom of the list and I think its around 10-12 ppl right now. PM me if you want more info.

·
Registered
438 Posts
ruledawg said:

Hi Chris,

Garbage! Call Saturn! I did, and it worked! They have gone out of their way to make sure I am a happy customer! Make sure you have all documentation! Salse person you dealt with, deposit slip or credit card receipts, order form that was written on..and so on! You will be back on this list!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ishot3bucks said:
Garbage! Call Saturn! I did, and it worked! They have gone out of their way to make sure I am a happy customer! Make sure you have all documentation! Salse person you dealt with, deposit slip or credit card receipts, order form that was written on..and so on! You will be back on this list!

Yup I got all that stuff, I was going to use it for my scrap book, never thougt it would be for this...

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just recieved a new email, looks like the pressure I put on him is starting to work.

Hello Chris, we havnt etched it in stone yet, the e-mail I sent is mainly for the custormers that inquire now. (form letter).
most likely you will be able to order one, I just dont know when. We only have one coming in so far and we are not selling that one.
So hang tight untill we determine the procedure.
Thanks,
Ron

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,569 Posts
ruledawg said:
I just recieved a new email, looks like the pressure I put on him is starting to work.

Hello Chris, we havnt etched it in stone yet, the e-mail I sent is mainly for the custormers that inquire now. (form letter).
most likely you will be able to order one, I just dont know when. We only have one coming in so far and we are not selling that one.
Thanks,
Ron
That is funny... they say it is for customers that inquire now, yet in the first letter it states, "Those who left deposits in advance will be receiving refunds soon." They also said they would place your name on a list to contact when cars arrive...

They are back peddling now... and even worse. Hang tight while we determine procedure... BS... :banghead:

·
Registered
438 Posts
ruledawg said:

Thanks,
Ron
Looks like back peddling to me!:thumbs:

Way to throw the weight! Documentation...is key!

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Did you put a deposit down? Do you have a sales agreement? If so I would assume they have sold you a car! And if you put down MSRP then they should be selling you a car at MSRP! You're in the United States. Can't you sue someone?:banghead:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,569 Posts
rick112 said:
You're in the United States. Can't you sue someone?:banghead:
:cheers: Cheers to 1-800-lawyer... :willy:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
todaresqSL2 said:
:cheers: Cheers to 1-800-lawyer... :willy:

I agree.... THAT IS WHAT THEY ARE THERE FOR.... and they WORK.. WELL.... SkyBaby-07

1 - 13 of 13 Posts