Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome, looks like a nice car that has an old school Fujita CAI too. Where you able to find this one around Houston as well?
Yes sir
Love how the 20” wheel fill the wheel well, LED headlight and fog. All changes I would have not felt comfortable making to the Hydro Blue version. She is a beauty

·
Registered
335 Posts
Yes sir
Love how the 20” wheel fill the wheel well, LED headlight and fog. All changes I would have not felt comfortable making to the Hydro Blue version. She is a beauty
Agreed I don’t think I could do any mods to a mint hydro blue either. How does the car ride and handle with those 20’s? I know there is a Houston Sky group that meets once a month as well over there.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think it handles the same as with 18” wheels. Can you send me the info on the Houston Sky group? Thank you sir

·
Registered
335 Posts
I think it handles the same as with 18” wheels. Can you send me the info on the Houston Sky group? Thank you sir
That’s good to know. I’ve seen some complaints going to a larger rim with the stiffer sidewall. Search Houston Sky Club on the Saturn Sky Owners and Admirers group on FB. I haven’t seen a link for their own page, but they post monthly from what I’ve seen. I recently started to admin a Kappa group out of the Austin area and it’s a bit far for most to cruise to Houston, but maybe the two groups could meet somewhere in the middle one of these days. There is also the annual Kerrville run coming up in mid February if you’re interested.

·
Registered
929 Posts
IT is.. so fun to drive. Why yes IT is. Enjoy the smile. Welcome to the owners club.
I saw your post about the cracked fenders. Lifting pucks are your friend here.
Beware of Fast Eddie repairs- unless you're doing your own repair in your garage.

While reading the thread on Lifting pucks- I saw this posting which made me laugh.
From Sky-Queen:

Knew going in dealership charges per nose full of the ambience of overpriced luxury you
get walking through showroom to parts department: lol: Returned to Sky with pucks it was
surrounded by 6 sales people with a barrage of questions/statements amongst them.
That's a Saturn? Nice! Beautiful! Bet that's Fun! When I started the SKY the exhaust notes
got couple: thumbs: from group still standing there as I pulled away left with a huge: D
guessing SKY created the scenario to soothe the price shock. Perfect. People still don't
know to this day what this car is. Not even BMW salespeople of knowledge and price gouging.

That IS a Saturn? Why yes IT is and it IS mine now too. You will get many of these interruptions
to your day in the future as you fill up with gas somewhere, sitting at a stop light with gawkers
gazing at your gem through mom's mini-van of un-excitement.
Happens to me still to this day after 7 plus years of ownership.
The Sky-the Cobra-the Vette- shutting down all activity by consumers on any given
day in your neighborhood.

Beware the permagrin- and your friends & co-workers maybe the neighbors too.
There IS something different about our guy now. He is smiling way to much for any human.

WHY yes I am. Congrats on your recent purchase of our gem.

LAC

·
Registered
555 Posts
Congrats!!! I have a Fujita too.... They are an absolute nightmare to tune! You've been warned. The tuner took almost an hour to try and get my MAF all leveled off on my dyno pulls because the AFR was all over from the Fujita. Once it was done, there hasn't been an issue.... So, saying that, these are fun cars!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
IT is.. so fun to drive. Why yes IT is. Enjoy the smile. Welcome to the owners club.
I saw your post about the cracked fenders. Lifting pucks are your friend here.
Beware of Fast Eddie repairs- unless you're doing your own repair in your garage.

While reading the thread on Lifting pucks- I saw this posting which made me laugh.
From Sky-Queen:

Knew going in dealership charges per nose full of the ambience of overpriced luxury you
get walking through showroom to parts department: lol: Returned to Sky with pucks it was
surrounded by 6 sales people with a barrage of questions/statements amongst them.
That's a Saturn? Nice! Beautiful! Bet that's Fun! When I started the SKY the exhaust notes
got couple: thumbs: from group still standing there as I pulled away left with a huge: D
guessing SKY created the scenario to soothe the price shock. Perfect. People still don't
know to this day what this car is. Not even BMW salespeople of knowledge and price gouging.

That IS a Saturn? Why yes IT is and it IS mine now too. You will get many of these interruptions
to your day in the future as you fill up with gas somewhere, sitting at a stop light with gawkers
gazing at your gem through mom's mini-van of un-excitement.
Happens to me still to this day after 7 plus years of ownership.
The Sky-the Cobra-the Vette- shutting down all activity by consumers on any given
day in your neighborhood.

Beware the permagrin- and your friends & co-workers maybe the neighbors too.
There IS something different about our guy now. He is smiling way to much for any human.

WHY yes I am. Congrats on your recent purchase of our gem.

LAC
Thanks LAC

·
Registered
204 Posts
GM? Nice! Did you do any Kapoa relsted work ?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I was the release engineer for the outside door handles. Not much work on this platform as they were already validated on the Cobalt

·
Registered
772 Posts
I was the release engineer for the outside door handles. Not much work on this platform as they were already validated on the Cobalt
If you look at the door handle failure history on the Sky you should notice that most failures occurred
after being recently purchased. I suspect that some failures were caused by being misused. Some car handles are pulled up to open the door and not outward. I suspect that muscle memory led to many of the failures.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts