Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just talked to my dealer and he said he had a vin# to give me hope this means mine will be home before to long.:D vin#1680
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,129 Posts
Fabulous! That is very exciting for you! Now you can get your insurance lined up and let the anticipation continue to build.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,421 Posts
slvrsky said:
Just talked to my dealer and he said he had a vin# to give me hope thisw means mine will be home before to long.:D vin#1680
Congrats! :cheers: This news is very interesting, though...since I was imaged 1 day after you...on 3/27/06 and my car isn't scheduled to be built until 5/22/06. :banghead:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,129 Posts
I got no image at all yet, but I am patient. I put my deposit down 3/24. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,298 Posts
nscrbug said:
Congrats! :cheers: This news is very interesting, though...since I was imaged 1 day after you...on 3/27/06 and my car isn't scheduled to be built until 5/22/06. :banghead:
ya, this is getting frustrating. I have seen quite a few lately (since the chrome wheels started flowing) that imaged AFTER me and cars are already shipping. Slvrsky image 2 weeks after me and has a vin.!!

oh well, I should be happy that mines finally being built as we speak.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am sorry that I have a Vin before some of you I know you want your cars as much as I want mine but I had no control over who gets a Vin number first. I hope everyone gets there numbers soon.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,298 Posts
Dont be sorry!! be happy!!!

I didn't mean to sound like I was frustrated at you.... not at all.

just a little anxious thats all.

when you got your vin, what code were you at? 3400? 3800?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,205 Posts
I found out that when you order and what vin # you get are not related. Mine that is coming in next week (hopefully) will be vin #189. From what I heard, GM held some of the earlier produced cars back and are now releasing them. Thats why myself and Skybaby got early vins. But what matters the most is we all get our Skys..:thumbs: :cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,298 Posts
agirltrucker said:
I found out that when you order and what vin # you get are not related. Mine that is coming in next week (hopefully) will be vin #189. From what I heard, GM held some of the earlier produced cars back and are now releasing them. Thats why myself and Skybaby got early vins. But what matters the most is we all get our Skys..:thumbs: :cheers:

what I'm asking is when the dealer said "heres your VIn" what code were you at at that very moment?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,205 Posts
Oppsss, sorry my bad, I was at a 3100. But keep in mind, the one I original ordered is still scheduled to be built. The only reason Im getting this one, which is the next one my dealer will be receiving, is because they left off the lsd on mine. So my dealer's new car manager being a wonderful person, offered me this one. He felt bad about what happend to me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
he said my car was built 3800 but he does not know when it will ship he said he would keep me up to date.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,205 Posts
grrrrr :brentil: , the land of unknowing. Boy have we all been there... :yesnod:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
850 Posts
slvrsky said:
Just talked to my dealer and he said he had a vin# to give me hope this means mine will be home before to long.:D vin#1680
I have had my VIN for some time and was told mine was shipped on 27 Mar, it was suppose to be here 14 to 18 days after that. It is now day 29 and counting. :brentil: They have no :nono: idea where it is, or when it might show up. :banghead: :mad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,205 Posts
Dang, you should call your dealer and ask for an update in the system. That stinks...:banghead:
 

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
Joined
·
8,861 Posts
nscrbug said:
Congrats! :cheers: This news is very interesting, though...since I was imaged 1 day after you...on 3/27/06 and my car isn't scheduled to be built until 5/22/06. :banghead:

They just may surprise you there Linda...... we shall see...... i will be in the chicago/shaumberg area tomorrow...... pm me or email me..... would love to meet ya.....SkyBaby-07
 

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
Joined
·
4,853 Posts
slvrsky said:
Just talked to my dealer and he said he had a vin# to give me hope this means mine will be home before to long.:D vin#1680
Ugg! I was kinda hoping I'd luck out and get 1337. Oh well. Guess I'll wish for 1776.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,298 Posts
reedred said:
Ugg! I was kinda hoping I'd luck out and get 1337. Oh well. Guess I'll wish for 1776.
I'll take 1775!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
804 Posts
TexSon said:
I have had my VIN for some time and was told mine was shipped on 27 Mar, it was suppose to be here 14 to 18 days after that. It is now day 29 and counting. :brentil: They have no :nono: idea where it is, or when it might show up. :banghead: :mad:
I just received my vin # (1584) on Friday last week, and the dealer said the car showed "released to carrier". They also said it can take anywhere from 2 weeks to 6 weeks to arrive- depending upon the luck of the placement on the trains and truck transport.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top