Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I flew to Chicago saturday . The salesman picked us up at the airport and went to the dealership to look at the sky on the showroom floor:D . We did buy it and drove it home, 536 miles from the dealer to my garage. It is crazy to go that far to get a car:eek: . For some strange reason there was lots of wind noise in the car coming home, might be that the top was down most of the way:thumbs: .

So far the Saturn dealer in Downers Grove Illinois has been great. If it needs any warranty work I will have to take it to my local dealer, but they are 1 1/2 hrs away.

My inital thoughts are:
fuel mileage is not the best 23.7, was zeroed out when leaving the dealer
passenger side leg room is short
gets more looks than any vette I had
Hate Chicago traffic and we did not see much of it
It is almost too small for me but the wife loves it.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Congrats!!! Seems like it's been a good weekend for delivery of Skys.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
My wife and I flew to Chicago saturday . The salesman picked us up at the airport and went to the dealership to look at the sky on the showroom floor:D . We did buy it and drove it home, 536 miles from the dealer to my garage. It is crazy to go that far to get a car:eek: . For some strange reason there was lots of wind noise in the car coming home, might be that the top was down most of the way:thumbs: .

So far the Saturn dealer in Downers Grove Illinois has been great. If it needs any warranty work I will have to take it to my local dealer, but they are 1 1/2 hrs away.

My inital thoughts are:
fuel mileage is not the best 23.7, was zeroed out when leaving the dealer
passenger side leg room is short
gets more looks than any vette I had
Hate Chicago traffic and we did not see much of it
It is almost too small for me but the wife loves it.
Congratulations! I saw your car a few weeks ago at that dealership (it happens to be my dealership where we bought our Sky) I really liked the cloth interior and I LOVED the polished alloy wheels! We were there putting a deposit down for a Redline...your car was on display in the middle of the showroom...very nice! :thumbs:

·
Registered
223 Posts
Congratulations, I see you broke it in already!

·
Registered
745 Posts
Congrats

Great dealer and you had a fun get away. They will go the extra mile for ya.

They have a Red base stick low options coming real soon msrp.

Then following that one ABluestone base loaded msrp. P.M. me and I'll hook you up.

If you fly in to O'hare I'll pick you up in My Bluestone Redline to take you to dealership.

Don't wait get it now. Scott

·
Registered
138 Posts
Great dealer and you had a fun get away. They will go the extra mile for ya.

They have a Red base stick low options coming real soon msrp.

Then following that one ABluestone base loaded msrp. P.M. me and I'll hook you up.

If you fly in to O'hare I'll pick you up in My Bluestone Redline to take you to dealership.

Don't wait get it now. Scott
Can't they ship that Bluestone base down to Florida ASAP!!!!! I have money in hand!!!! Just giving the dealership more options!! I would be glad to take it off their hands.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
:driving: Congraulations! :thumbs:

I have bought three cars off eBay and like you, flew out and drove them home.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Congratulations! Many happy miles!

I am a bit puzzled by your gas milage thou - I found the DIC calculaes about 1 MPG lower than the old fashioned way. On a 2000+ mile road trip, I averaged 29 MPG! That was after an ECM reflash done by Saturn.

Enjoy the drive!:cheers:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks everybody:D glad to finally get one. We were in Long Beach Washington in May and seen one, we knew we would get one.

My wife wants to drive it to work this morning. She loves it, fits her like a glove. I think she will be putting the most miles on it. I guess thats ok since its her car:D .

·
Registered
745 Posts
Mileage

I took my base to Arkansas this summer and flew down there Averaging 85mph and I still got close to 30mpg.

When It breaks in I'm sure the mileage will go up.

My Redline only has a about 700 miles on it and the mileage is preatty low but so is the gas pedal most of the time.LOL

I'm glad you had a good experience at Downers Grove Saturn they are the best around.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Great story

My wife and I drove from Wash. DC to Buffalo to get ours, 400 something miles, 8 hours each way. Made for a fun road trip though and we got the car. Happy driving

1 - 14 of 14 Posts