Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just got the call... [Manual transmission Redline delivered]

My white Redline with red/black interior and a manual transmission was just unloaded at the dealership! My salesman just gave me a call to let me know it's here but he doesn't know if the paperwork was delivered with the car so I have to wait at least until Monday before I can even think about setting up a time for delivery :crazy: I honestly did not expect my car until at least October. I'm surprised but also rather apprehensive about my car being here so soon after hearing about the QA issues. Still, I can't wait! :willy:

·
1st Known SKY RedLine Owner!
1,012 Posts
My white Redline with red/black interior and a manual transmission was just unloaded at the dealership! My salesman just gave me a call to let me know it's here but he doesn't know if the paperwork was delivered with the car so I have to wait at least until Monday before I can even think about setting up a time for delivery :crazy: I honestly did not expect my car until at least October. I'm surprised but also rather apprehensive about my car being here so soon after hearing about the QA issues. Still, I can't wait! :willy:
Congrats, you're going to love it! :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Congratulations! WOWSER!! That was fast. Pictures, Pictures!

·
Registered
138 Posts
got mine

well kind of.:lol: ordered march 11-06. finally got a build date of next week. :thumbs: how long for most of you between build week and delivered to your dealer.p.s. i,m in canada.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....

The first manual RL arrives!!!!

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Inwo ...a huge congratulations from your buddy ...GetAboutRL!
I could not be happy for you .... Happy Trails and huge grins! :D :D

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys, I kind of wish he'd have waited til Monday to tell me because they're closed tomorrow and I can't get in to go look at it! :willy: This is keeping me up tonight! What if the salesman calls on Monday and says "Oh uh there's been a little mix up and it wasn't actually your car, it was a Vue Redline" Worse yet what if it's RAINING?!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey I have a manual due to be delivered any day now ...would love a report from you... what was your vin # what color did you order..... cant wait to see pics or better yet cant wait to get mine TOO...HAVE FUN AND ENJOY

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm going to pick up my car in a couple hours (darn prior obligations :banghead: ) I got the splash guards (149 installed) and car cover (295) along with the car and including tax the damage is $30,953.82.

I'm probably not going to worry about an extended warranty because any 'racing or modification' will void it plus I won't be taking the car out in December through March anyway so I'll be missing scheduled services. I probably should have gotten the extended warranty on my truck but I think my Sky can do without it.

I'll be sure to post some pictures later on today assuming my camera's battery doesn't flake out on me.

Now I have to think about custom plates. Would "Inwo" be too arrogant? :D

·
Registered
410 Posts
Congrads on the new addition!! Still waiting for my manuel RL, any week now!! Take pics, lots of pics. In the showroom, outside in the sun, top up, top down, you know the drill. Oh keep all paper work, everything!!!! Will come in handy at car shows and get togethers. Also see if you can get the poster off the showroom floor. Hey, ask what are they gonna say, Yes or No? Today is the first day and today is a special day. Enjoy and remember the break-in period. Congrads once again!!!!:cheers: :cool: :D

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Well, I got the car! I think it's great. The clutch is a bunch different than the other manuals that I've driven but I am getting used to it. The short throw shifter is really short which led to a rather embarassing situation where I was in third and thought I was in first. Overall I had a great drive home. The car definately gets up and goes even though I was just giving it part throttle, granted for all I know the electronic throttle control was flooring it for me. The salesman, Ron, was very nice and I was charged what I was quoted back in June. I picked up the Simoniz treatment and the mudflaps. I just keep thinking about it and I keep saying to myself that it's a summer only car but then I hate to leave it sit all winter. I suppose it's kind of late to be second guessing myself after my first drive when I should be elated but I guess that's just the way I am.

Hm, I thought I resized those pictures, should be fixed now.

Attachments

·
Registered
444 Posts
Congrats!! :cheers:

You have the first Manual RL!!!

Wow!!
:thumbs:

·
Registered
684 Posts
Now that is one good lookin ride. Those headlights really set it off just right. Congrats:thumbs:

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Well, I got the car! I think it's great. The clutch is a bunch different than the other manuals that I've driven but I am getting used to it. The short throw shifter is really short which led to a rather embarassing situation where I was in third and thought I was in first. Overall I had a great drive home. The car definately gets up and goes even though I was just giving it part throttle, granted for all I know the electronic throttle control was flooring it for me. The salesman, Ron, was very nice and I was charged what I was quoted back in June. I picked up the Simoniz treatment and the mudflaps. I just keep thinking about it and I keep saying to myself that it's a summer only car but then I hate to leave it sit all winter. I suppose it's kind of late to be second guessing myself after my first drive when I should be elated but I guess that's just the way I am.

Hm, I thought I resized those pictures, should be fixed now.
Yeh ------------ well I already ranted at you elsewhere!!

Lucky bastard!!

·
First Picture of Production Red Line
164 Posts
Congrats!!! White Looks Sharp!!! Enjoy!!:thumbs: :cheers:

·
Registered
18 Posts
My Manual Redline Is Here

Just Wanted To Say That My Redline Manual Is At The Dealership.
Hus Went To Check It Out And Took It For A Spin... Will Pick Up
Tomorrow. Sunburst Yellow Cant Wait ... Does This Mean We Have The Second Delivered.....
Story Goes That The Hus Truck Broke Down On The Way Home From The Dealers Yeahhhhhh . Well I Quess He Will Just Have To Take The Redline To Work.... I Knew We Lived In Maine For A Reason,,
Ps Dealer Gave Us Price Protection After Various Phone Calls. Would Recommend Them Well Cant Sleep Too Excited Will Post Tomorrow After We Bring It Home Thanks Again

·
Registered
241 Posts
Where exactly in Maine do you live? Im in Canada but only 20 minutes away from the Maine States!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts