Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I finally got the sky after waiting 9 months. I got it from Richmond dealership near Vancouver Canada. I'll post pics up later.

Nice to see the bright blue sky above your head - first convertible car!

It's going to be hard adjusting to the attention.

Silver Pearl w/ chrome wheels, 6 disk monsoon and leather.

·
Premium Member
1,782 Posts
SilverSky said:
Hi Everyone,

I finally got the sky after waiting 9 months. I got it from Richmond dealership near Vancouver Canada. I'll post pics up later.

Nice to see the bright blue sky above your head - first convertible car!

It's going to be hard adjusting to the attention.

Silver Pearl w/ chrome wheels, 6 disk monsoon and leather.
Did you get a standard or automatic? I have been waiting a long time as well and have been told it will be even longer because I ordered an automatic.

Kimberly
ChiliSky

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ChiliSky said:
Did you get a standard or automatic? I have been waiting a long time as well and have been told it will be even longer because I ordered an automatic.

Kimberly
ChiliSky
I've got the Black Leather with manual transmission. I didn't exactly believe I got MSRP on the car and I'm not that happy about it, but I love the car without a doubt. All they had was a print out for $37,495 and they had a blank Factory sheet on the car without the listed out pricing. This included Leather, chrome wheels, 6 disk w/ monsoon, and xm radio. After calculating the car price, it should be about 1,300 more than MSRP. I had to pay a documentation fee of 450 as well, which I didn't want on, but they refused to take it off. Knowing that there's a line up on the car a mile long, I'll just go w/ what I can get.

A few small scratches on the car, so the manager will take care of it. My sales person was excellent and really knew about the car and showed me all the onstar features. They even spoke of exactly which street the dealership was on and they even unlocked the doors remotely, which is a bit scary. Big Brother is watching my every move.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
HID Lights

I've been planning a way to get HID lights into the car, but I'm going to retro fit a HID set I had from my previous car. It's using D2S bulbs. Maybe I'll get a tutorial going when I have it all planned out.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Enjoy the ride.:cheers:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Vancouver CANADA ARRIVAL

Glad To Hear Your Sky Arrived.I Was Called On Wed. And Told Mine Would Be At Dealers In 5 To 10 Days. After 13 Months Afew Days Are Nothing.[Ontario Canada]

·
First Reported SKY Owner!
408 Posts
Congrats on your new arrival-convertibles are wonderful (this one's my first too). Enjoy your new celebrity status!!:D :cool:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
:cheers: happy SKY driving :driving:

·
Registered
119 Posts
congratulations!!!

I just heard from my dealer regarding the redline price for the car I ordered .
It came in just over 40k including freight , leather and a six disk changer . Add to that 14 % tax and thats all she wrote .
I would like to hear from any other canadians who have a redline Sky on order ...................

·
Registered
574 Posts
Congrats!!!!

There is a plastic surgeon in Miami who is now specializing in removing the permagrin from Sky owners faces.........but who wants that!!! :cheers:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Congrats! This coming week is supposed to be Build Week for me! :willy:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
SilverSky said:
I've been planning a way to get HID lights into the car, but I'm going to retro fit a HID set I had from my previous car. It's using D2S bulbs. Maybe I'll get a tutorial going when I have it all planned out.
I've managed to put on the HID headlights, but I haven't been able to create a tutorial on it. I believe there are probably better was to mount it and put the HIDs in.

My way was to remove the plastic covering from the low beam light, remove the plastic triangle piece that holds the H11 bulb (3 screws), and replace it with a hand crafted circular piece with with the same hole placements as the original plastic triangle. I carved the middle of the hand crafted piece and tied/glued the HID bulb to it and screwed it all back into the projector lens.

Then I mounted the Ballast and Ignitor from the HID using plastic ties, so I could remove it if necessary.

The only problem I have with the car is that the lights sometimes go off and on while driving and I'm suspecting it's the day light running portion of it that is causing this. I'll look into this when I have more time, as I'm about to go on holidays.

I've attached pictures of the finished work because I had to buy a new camera to replace the one I lost at the dealership.

Attachments

·
Registered
302 Posts
Love the HID's! Thats going to be the 1st mod when my Sky arrives!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,569 Posts
Congrats!!! :cheers:

And great job with the lights!!! :thumbs:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Nice work I'll be doin the same....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts