Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally had clear bra installed today. Went with Kappashere's "Venture Shield". Supposedly it has less orange peel effect than 3M's. It is guaranteed not to ever peel, blister, crack, or yellow. It also has tiny microscopic holes which allow the film to breath and if any condensation forms under the film it can evaporate. 3M's does not do this. Your suppose to treat it like the paint so it can be polished and waxed. We use clear sealants so the white residue along the seams won't be a problem. It is also very easy to remove if you ever want to replace it. Just put a heat gun or hair dryer to it and stretch the film parallel to the car and voila! We had their recommended mobile installer come to our house to install it. It took him 1 1/2 hours to do it and 30 min. to go over it with a heat gun to make sure the edges were adhering. It would have taken me all day and I probably would have had the film rolled in a ball on the floor with my eye stuck to it. So glad we hired a professional. He even touched up our chipped paint before installation. Highly recommend him to any one in the So. Cal area. PM me if you want his # (Psst... he has a hood template that is better, but we did not know this). The film is so clear, it's so hard to tell where it is. There is just a line that is hardly noticeable. It's very hard to see in a pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
173 Posts
Do you mind me asking you what the cost was including installation?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Pics?

Would you be able to post some pics?

Thanks

·
Registered
113 Posts
Better than 3M? OK do they have a website? or only in So Cal?

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you mind me asking you what the cost was including installation?
From Kappashere:
Upper bumper $190
Hood & mirrors $180
Lower bumper $95
Headlights $52

I did not get the headlights so my total was $465. Installation was $340. It was expensive. After only a week of driving we had 4 chips on the front, so we decided to get it.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Better than 3M? OK do they have a website? or only in So Cal?
Supposedly better than 3M for durability, clarity, and non-yellowing. Go to VentureShield.com and they have lab test results against 3M. The installer even said he liked the ventureshield better. I think you can purchase the kits on the website.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
:) very interesting ... thanks! :thumbs:

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here's a few more

Attachments

·
Registered
295 Posts
looks great...thanks

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
whoo, first post.

The clear bra seems almost invisible. But I had a question. When the car is wet, does the water run off the bumper along and following the line of the film, or does it roll/bead right over as though nothing were there?

I'm very interested in getting this clear bra on my impending investment.

Also......when you say Headlights, does that include the fog lights?

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Welcome to the forum Antonio! The water just rolls down like its not there. The headlight kit does include the foglights.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts