Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I just moved here from Dallas,TX our Sky will be shipped out next week:D . Is there a Sky/Solitice community in the Playa Del Rey area? What about car hang outs?

Thanks

Greg 'n' Ashley

·
Registered
420 Posts
We will miss you here in Texas...

"Y'all come back now ya hear!" :lol:

But seriously, California is awesome and I hope you enjoy your new home.
Seems to be lots of Sky owners in Cali. and you'll have lots of fun. :thumbs:

"California dreaming...on such a winter's day."

:cheers:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
SoCal SKYs

You Betcha!

We have a great group down here that does some sort of a gathering just about every month. Currently we're looking at October 21st. Lots of great people, and we usually get a couple dozen cars to get together. You'll like the gang.

Keep an eye on this thread as I expect to be posting details for the run on the 21st shortly.

Welcome!

-- John --

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Welcome to SoCal. As John says, keep an eye on the Pacific forum. We do get a good mix of both Sky and Sol owners.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ahhhhh if feels good to be back in the Sky. We just need to find a car wash and fill up her belly. It was really dirty after the shipping.

Later

Greg

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
My wife and I just moved here from Dallas,TX our Sky will be shipped out next week:D . Is there a Sky/Solstice community in the Playa Del Rey area? What about car hang outs?

Thanks

Greg 'n' Ashley
Yup, the West Coast Kappa Car Club has members in Southern California, and we've got a WCKCC meet November 4,5 in Southern California :thumbs:

Hope you can make it. Even if you're busy that weekend, mark yourself down in the poll so we can alert you to the next meet.

Welcome to Southern California! You'll find the weather there in Playa Del Rey to be mild and pleasant year round. :cool:

Since you're new to the area, I can reccomend a few good restaurants, but you'll have lots of choices in that regard.

I hope the move to So Cal is permanent enough to update your Forum location... ;)

·
Registered
637 Posts
for a nice cruise, I highly recommend heading South...most people will say to go up toward Malibu...I disagree...highway 1 up that way gets way to backed up on beautiful days...for a nice cruise, head west on Jefferson...it hooks up with Culver (go left, west). about a mile further there's a funky intersection...take the left fork. You'll be heading South along the beach, with the Airplanes taking off over your head from LAX... after the refinery you'll hit Manhattan Beach (where I was born and raised:cool: )...you can either park here for some great beach scenery and good food or continue on South through Hermosa Beach and then eventually up into Palos Verdes...if you're lucky, there won't be too many people up on The Portugese Bends...be careful though it's fun twisties and there are a couple places you might bottom out if you're not paying attention.:thumbs: :cheers:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts