Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, this probably doesn't require a whole thread, but i just ordered my redline today, pretty great stuff.

This forum has been great for getting information so I know exactly what to ask.
Ill have an order number tomorrow when the dealer puts it in (Ill feel bad being a jerk about constantly calling, but it seems that people who are not persistant keep getting screwed over).

Anyways, I ordered forest green with tan interior. Has anyone else gotten or even seen a green sky? Ive tried looking everywhere for even pics of a base or redline one, and it seems like no one has gotten one yet (I know it wouldnt seem like a popular color, and the website never really helps with green, but i love the color). It'd be cool if i could get a hint as to exactly what it'll look like.

Thanks for all the help, and I'll definately be posting here now.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I have seen the green on the pontiac and the car was very nice looking, so if you like green might be just the ticket. But if you can call some dealers pontiac and saturn and ask them if they have any in stock and then go check them out.

Thats what works for me.

Good luck with a really great car !!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Did the same..... well, deposit got me in line anyway.... Polar White w/ tan interior, auto, chrome wheels, spoiler, 6-disc Monsoon CD....

There is a Forest Green Solstice (not the GXP) on the lot at the Pontiac dealer I drive by every morning..... sweet color.

HoldHard

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
man i've only seen like 5 skys in new york so far... i really wish i could see just one green one. nobody has any pics of them?

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Got to see a SKY green - Tan interior ---
Awesome
Very very British Jaguar looking....:thumbs:

·
Registered
230 Posts
Welcome!

I have seen a green and it is beautiful - you are going to LOVE it!! Welcome to the forum - it really helps with the anxiety of the wait!

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
We'll be hear sharing your wait, talking you out of trees when you get frustrated with it, and celebrating with you as your car makes it past each step of the process.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Me Too!

I did yesterday what I swore I would never do again - order a new model car before the bugs are worked out (I purchased a new 1998 corvette/c-5 and it spent most of the time at the dealer). However, just as then, I could not help it: I test drove the new Miata - too small; I test drove the HS-2000 - not enough punch below 5500 rpm; I considered the Mitsubishi Eclipse - not really a sports car; I considered the BMW Z - too expensive; I considered the Pontiac Solstice - not the right look and not enough power. Then I saw a Sky in a parking lot and I read an article about the Solstice GXP - and I knew what I wanted - a Sky Red Line! Down went the deposit. I am told I should hear something in a few months and delivery could be next Spring. that's OK. I do not mind the wait. Although I have been told I can change my options up until it gets built, I selected White/Tan and a manual tranny. I tried to get just the XM radio but was told I had to order the more expensive sound system also. I will probably end up with the luggage rack as well. I guess I will just have to put the golf clubs in the passenger seat!

·
Registered
47 Posts
We saw a green/black top and interior a few weeks ago at a dealer in Marietta, and I was very impressed. Nice color! Very rich looking. It was on my list as a possibility. I don't believe you'll be disappointed.

·
Registered
145 Posts
The Massapequa dealership had a green/tan and blue/tan a while back. Both were super sweet looking. Tough choice but if it came down to a choosing one of the two I'd have gone for the green with the tan top and tan interior. Like Rick said very british sportscar looking. BTW did you find out where you are on the list?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The Massapequa dealership had a green/tan and blue/tan a while back. Both were super sweet looking. Tough choice but if it came down to a choosing one of the two I'd have gone for the green with the tan top and tan interior. Like Rick said very british sportscar looking. BTW did you find out where you are on the list?
He said something like 11 for redline. However the salesman didnt seem too sure on anything, especially when I explained how I wanted to check up on the event codes periodically. Hopefully it wont take more than 5 months, but I could settle for another color if it means a shorter wait.

Luckily I'm not too picky, especially since i don't want the spoiler or sound system (I install car audio/security for a living, so thats gonna be a big part of the car once i get it), so maybe someone won't pick their manual redline up.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I ordered my redline with them back on July 3rd. At the time I was #3 on the RL list and like #30 on the overall sky list. I periodically check in with the salesman to see what's coming in and to see where I am on the list. They don't give out the event codes. Last week I found out that I was #5 or 6 on the RL list and #12 on the overal sky list. How did I go from #3 to #6? Just dawned on me that DCH Saturn closed the Medford dealership. All of the existing orders were brought over to Massapequa. Add in any base to RL switchovers and I end up #6 on the list. They already had 1 RL delivered, have two coming in next week which makes 3. How many do you think they are going to get this year if they make 4000 total to share among 500 dealerships?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Depends on how bad you want it

My experience with the Pontiac dealer in Jacksonville showed me that if you are patient and flexible, you can get a car. I had no fewer than 6 opportunities to get a Pontiac Solstice which were ordered but not accepted by others. Granted, the GXP and the RedLine models are more scarce and in greater demand, but if you are patient and willing to put a few deposits down (refundable!) you may get a RedLine way before you think!

I will wait for my color and option selection, and I really dont want the vehicle till next year anyway - but if you are anxious, put down some deposits and "waitlist" - you could be rewarded!

·
Registered
364 Posts
I finally sat down with the sales manager at the dealership that took my order on September 21st. He informed me that it has not even been put into the system. Then he tells me that there are 34 other Sky orders ahead of me and "most" of them are Redlines..... :eek:

Obviously, he didn't want to tell me the actual Redline numbers because he thought I'd probably ask for my $1K back and walk......

He said everyone that was on the list for a base model changed to the Redline when it was announced.....

Lets see, the math looks like this:

4,000 Redlines in model year '07 divided by 500 dealerships works out to an average of roughly 8 per dealership. I'm 35th on the list so that works out to me getting a 2009 model somewhere in September, October or November of 2009...... and that's if I'm extreemly lucky..... yeah, right.... just in time for the Michigan winter and the salt they use on the roads around here......

Jeeze........

This is from a dealership that has a yellow base model on the showroom floor and a black base model parked out front. They asked if I wanted either of those, as they were both available....

Yes, I'm getting discouraged........:banghead:

HoldHard

·
Registered
239 Posts
Waiting

I did yesterday what I swore I would never do again - order a new model car before the bugs are worked out (I purchased a new 1998 corvette/c-5 and it spent most of the time at the dealer). However, just as then, I could not help it: I test drove the new Miata - too small; I test drove the HS-2000 - not enough punch below 5500 rpm; I considered the Mitsubishi Eclipse - not really a sports car; I considered the BMW Z - too expensive; I considered the Pontiac Solstice - not the right look and not enough power. Then I saw a Sky in a parking lot and I read an article about the Solstice GXP - and I knew what I wanted - a Sky Red Line! Down went the deposit. I am told I should hear something in a few months and delivery could be next Spring. that's OK. I do not mind the wait. Although I have been told I can change my options up until it gets built, I selected White/Tan and a manual tranny. I tried to get just the XM radio but was told I had to order the more expensive sound system also. I will probably end up with the luggage rack as well. I guess I will just have to put the golf clubs in the passenger seat!
My guess is that by the time you get your Sky Red Line most of the bugs will have been worked out because of the earlier production of the Solstice GXP and a year of production of the Sky R/L...So don't think you have a lot to worry about except when in the world are you going to ever get your present dream car...Hang in ther and join all of us here who are in the same boat...Waiting..:thumbs:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Sorry Holdhard but my new progressive math has the number around 8. :lol:

·
Registered
364 Posts
Sorry Holdhard but my new progressive math has the number around 8. :lol:
Yeah..... I updated the post and it looks like I'm in for a 2009 model instead of a 2008.....

Those BMWs are looking better by the minute.....

HoldHard

·
Registered
145 Posts
Since base SKY orders were so slow in being filled, when they announced the redline many of those base Sky waiters decided if they were going to wait anyway might as well wait for the redline so they switched their orders. Now there are way too many more orders than can be filled in the 2007 production year unless they change the 60/40 production split between base skys and redlines. I hope they have a way of noticing this trend and can do something about it. I am now 5 or 6 at my dealership after 3 RLs were already filled which would put me right on the cusp for the 8 RLs/dealer estimate but my order is at a very high volume NY dealer so I think I'll get my car but it won't be before spring.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts