Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been reading on the forum for a while now but never have posted. Just got back from Saturn of Charlotte on Independence Blvd. I am #2 on the list for a Red Line (the dealership owner is #1). They called me to come and order it today.
Here's what I'm getting:
Chili Pepper Red, Black Leather, auto, spoiler, chrome wheels, 6 disc CD/mp3.
Prelim Order #KGMGCS

I am so excited!!!!!!

·
First Picture of Production Red Line
164 Posts
Ours is almost ordered too!

CONGRATS!!

My dear hubby and myself are 1# first in line for a Redline at our dealership:thumbs:

We just got back from our Saturn Dealer and our salesman wrote out all the info for our Redline on the Saturn Customer work sheet. :cheers:

Black
W/Blk and Tan interior
Black Top
Auto
Leather Trim
Spoiler
6Disc/Monsoon
XM Radio
Chrom Plated Wheels

We wrote "to be sold at factory MSRP" on it...as advised by all the postings here on the website and got a copy of this document. :thumbs: Even though I trust our salesman and the dealership seems wonderful...I just want to be sure we don't have any surprises.:eek: ..especally with the Redline being so limited in production......

Anyway... no prelim number as of yet.... our salesman said that he will be entering the info either tomorrow or the first part of next week...:thumbs:

We are also Getting Excited!!!:cheers:

·
Registered
540 Posts
congratulations!!! I have a prelim order number also. Just cant wait until folks start taking delivery of their Sky Redlines. I am number 4 at my dealer so I will be waiting for a while.

·
Registered
342 Posts
NCRedLine said:
I have been reading on the forum for a while now but never have posted. Just got back from Saturn of Charlotte on Independence Blvd. I am #2 on the list for a Red Line (the dealership owner is #1). They called me to come and order it today.
Here's what I'm getting:
Chili Pepper Red, Black Leather, auto, spoiler, chrome wheels, 6 disc CD/mp3.
Prelim Order #KGMGCS

I am so excited!!!!!!
Congrats on you wanting a Redline... and a very big warning regarding the four Charlotte area Saturn dealers. They are all owned by the same company, they pool their orders, allocations and waiting lists, so your #2 at the Independence dealer doesn't mean much... the individual dealers are prone to requiring thousands in dealer added "extras", they give out almost nothing in information, they are mostly ignorant of the GM workbench system, etc., etc. (i.e. "bad news!").

If you can't get in writing exactly what they will charge you for including all extras, fees & taxes, and have that signed by an officer or sales manager (which they require for it to be binding... along with your "approved" retail installment contract), I'd get your money back quick. Your "pre-lim. order is not binding on them or you.

Even if you can get an actual contract in writing from them (which I'd bet money you can't... because they wouldn't for me), you'll still be in their big void not knowing how many Sky and Sky RL's are waiting ahead of you at the combined four dealers...

Good luck buddy!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys and congrats to you too on your Red Line orders. Jim, thanks for the warning. They did quote me MSRP but I don't have anything in writing in a contract yet.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
NCRedLine said:
Thanks guys and congrats to you too on your Red Line orders. Jim, thanks for the warning. They did quote me MSRP but I don't have anything in writing in a contract yet.
Then it doesn't means anything if you don't have it in writing ! Also get in writing, no add on's ! No rustproofing, no protector, no extra polish and no up graded wheel's. ( Unless you want some of these ) If they won't do it be prepared to get add on's or pay a premium.

·
Registered
16 Posts
NCRedLine said:
How was your experiance with them? I'm not sure what dealer to go to if I decide to order one since I'm in Charlotte as well. Did they give you a order number?

·
Registered
637 Posts
just back from the dealer...

I just ordered my Redline at Saturn of Cerritos....I'm 5th on the list. Apparently they're adding some sort of security system...it's another 3 grand...not too happy about that.

·
Registered
62 Posts
RL Order Placed!!!!

:cheers:

Dealership called and left a message to tell me they ordered my "baby!" We're playing phone tag on this thing but I'm soooooo excited. The beginning of some kind of progress...don't care if it takes more time just happy.

Price--MSRP with the options I wanted included. Now I just have to see them in person to close any "loose" ends and make sure we all understand the deal.

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Oh, Silver Graphite RL final answer with red/blk interior. Single CD w/ MP3 and Monsoon, chrome wheels. And now the pacing begins.....

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
TurkRL,

They have been super nice to me and yes I did get a prelim order number.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
akinmb said:
I just ordered my Redline at Saturn of Cerritos....I'm 5th on the list. Apparently they're adding some sort of security system...it's another 3 grand...not too happy about that.
Tell them you don't want it !

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
akinmb said:
Shoo.. Fer three grand I'll come out with Fartblossom and She will keep yer auto secure. Of course yall be havin ta feed her an she likes ice cream after she tears off peoples arms.....Skip...Dogs fer hire... no baby I tant trin ta get rid of ya....:cool: :cool:

·
Registered
637 Posts
deluke said:
Tell them you don't want it !
I did tell them I don't want it and the sales person said, "well then we can just charge you for it and not install it." Basically, at this point he explained that the security system issue is not 100% for sure, but it is likely.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
akinmb said:
I did tell them I don't want it and the sales person said, "well then we can just charge you for it and not install it." Basically, at this point he explained that the security system issue is not 100% for sure, but it is likely.
Call Saturn General Motor's they can't make you take it or pay for it and don't take it.

·
Registered
113 Posts
13 on List in Wichita

We're 13 on the Wichita ,KS list for a RL. I'm going to have to teach my wife <again> how to drive a stck. She about killed my 70 Opel GT, but I drove her 13 years and she is still in the barn (The Opel !).

Going to get the yellow, chrome wheels, Monsoon, 5 spd. Not going for the spoiler (enough style without) ! I can't decide on the seat color; black might look better but be hot as 4377 with the top down but I don't know if grey would be any better and tan might not look good. Any thoughts ?? Anyway the sales guy said they expect to get 3-4 per month so maybe Sept/Oct time frame. My B-Day in Oct.... that would be awesome.

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
With yellow the only option you have in the seats is black.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Getting my car ?

Fkellior .... looks like you are buying the same car as me. Send me yours when you get it and I'll send you a BRAND NEW one from KS when it is done !!!:D

·
Registered
188 Posts
akinmb,

I also am on the waiting list at Saturn of Cerritos (in sunny California) and I was told the same thing about the $3k alarm system.

It really stinks .... especially, when I wanted to use the extra $$$ on tinted windows, GPS navigation screen, dual exhausts on each side, etc. etc.

I was thinking of talking to them to see if I can spend the $3k on "other" products they offer (e.g. tinted windows).

All the money-greedy dealers who are charging more than MSRP will hurt Saturn's JD Power - Customer Satisfaction ratings. It's a shame for Saturn.

Take care akinmb - maybe one day we'll meet at a future drive in So Cal with other Skys.

FYI, others have written that Saturn of Temecula and Riverside are both charging MSRP for their Skys.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts