Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post here. I live in Delaware and went to the only Saturn Dealer in delaware and they told me the earliest they could get me a Sky was late winter. So I spoke with my dad, who is ever more type A than I am, and of course he bagan calling around for me, without being asked. He managed to find a dealer in PA that had 2 images up and I took one of those. Order placed. Deposit given.

One problem, I ordered it with the spoiler and now I really don't want it. I saw some more pics last night and it just doesn't look good. I called the dealer and they said that they could not get into the system as the system was being "sequenced", but that they would keep trying.

Is is that hard to make this kind of a change after the image has been done and submitted to Saturn as "Sold" and ready to start production?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Gelfling said:
First post here. I live in Delaware and went to the only Saturn Dealer in delaware and they told me the earliest they could get me a Sky was late winter. So I spoke with my dad, who is ever more type A than I am, and of course he bagan calling around for me, without being asked. He managed to find a dealer in PA that had 2 images up and I took one of those. Order placed. Deposit given.

One problem, I ordered it with the spoiler and now I really don't want it. I saw some more pics last night and it just doesn't look good. I called the dealer and they said that they could not get into the system as the system was being "sequenced", but that they would keep trying.

Is is that hard to make this kind of a change after the image has been done and submitted to Saturn as "Sold" and ready to start production?
from what i've read, when the image is done, you're pretty much stuck.

good find though with the image... your dealer apparently had no allocation though, dealers here (pittsburgh) were saying august at the latest.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Update:

Well, I spoke with the sales manager and they said that the order did go through with the spoiler, but it JUST went through, so the manager called Saturn and he told me they should be able to do some kind of manual override since the order went through less than 2 hours ago. Lets keep our fingers crossed.

·
Registered
18,510 Posts
u should have no problem...especially within two hours...i changed my order and it was a color change...and it was 2 days later..By the way, although many may/would disagree with me, but I personally don't believe the spoiler makes a nice appearance on this car...(don't scream memebers). If u test drove this car, u would find there is no visibility when glancing back...so I agree with your choice.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I have to politely disagree on the spoiler. I think it adds alot to the car. I have seen Skys without a spoiler and I prefer it. I don't find a visibility problem because of the spoiler, it's a low car to begin with and it just has inherent visibility problems.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
OK
Ok

Let's not argue here

What kind of Ice Cream do you like!?!?!

I am glad it is available for those who want it -- or not..:thumbs:

We just want to be: :driving:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Can the spoiler be dealer installed? I finally saw the factory spoiler after I got my order in... It's grown on me. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Another just ordered...

Hi y'all.

Newbie here. Wife and I just placed order on Monday. Wish I'd found this board BEFORE we ordered so I could have asked some intelligent questions, but she got the bug to order and who am I to say nah.

I'm reading quite a bit on these boards and all I can say is thanks for all the info. Might make me sound a bit more informed when I go back to dealer to find out status...

Ordered: 4/10/2006
Silver Pearl; Black
MX0 Auto
PCH Premium Trim
G80 LSD
US8 Radio

·
Registered
94 Posts
Welcome to the waiting room !

·
Registered
40 Posts
Trebuchet said:
Can the spoiler be dealer installed? I finally saw the factory spoiler after I got my order in... It's grown on me. :)

I wanted the spoiler but got an image that had already been made from someone else's request and they put a manual tranny in instead of an automatic. I'm getting my SKY but no spoiler. Dealer advised that I could get the dealer installed option, but it then has to be painted to match your car. The dealer version is $312.00 and i think there are additional charges for paint, etc. Anyone else out there know for sure?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Painted Spoiler

My parts guy at my dealership told me when you order your spoiler to be added on at the dealership, that you order the spoiler in color you want.:)

·
Registered
16 Posts
:agree:
triple black said:
I have to politely disagree on the spoiler. I think it adds alot to the car. I have seen Skys without a spoiler and I prefer it. I don't find a visibility problem because of the spoiler, it's a low car to begin with and it just has inherent visibility problems.

·
Registered
16 Posts
triple black said:
I agree, test drove a SKy with spoiler, and I feel it compliments and finishes the rear end of the car, we are blessed to have so many choices in America, some like it and some dont, thats what makes us all unique and special, I love all the different choices we have.
Midnight Blue
LSD Chrome
6CD
Manual
XM
Deposit 3/22/06 have heard nothing from my dealership!
SPOILER!!!!!!! :)

·
Registered
18,510 Posts
triple black said:
I will politely reply...also...as u said, "it has inherent visibility problems" Why make matters worse?

MarlboroMike

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
It took a while to convince me but I ordered mine with the spoiler as well. It takes a little time to grow on you.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
marlboromike said:
I will politely reply...also...as u said, "it has inherent visibility problems" Why make matters worse?

MarlboroMike
Maybe its just how I sit when i drive but I see clear over my spoiler at 6'1'' -- it really doesnt even come in to my line of vision.

·
Registered
311 Posts
OK Sky Lovers, This is how it works. When you order your Sky, it comes to your dealer with the spoiler in a box. It is then attached at the dealership.

If you don't want the spoiler, tell the dealer you don't want it and not to attach it to the car when it comes in.

P.S. If he agrees, get it in writing!:thumbs:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts