Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:D The wife and I put money down on a r/l on 8/26/06. We specified cloth interior. The dealership did not have any brochures for us to look at. I finally got one from saturn but there was no picture of cloth seats. I called the 800 number and spoke to a woman and she told me that cloth seats have not been put into production yet:banghead:. She said to call the dealer, my salesman was gone so I got to talk with the manager. They have had 2 with cloth seats come in so the woman at saturn is wrong. I then was informed that we were #18 on the list and almost all were redlines. Then he said they just ordered their first r/l on 9-7. He said that they just delivered one on 9-8, a base sky to customer #13 :confused:. They get to order 1-2 a month and saturn tells them what they can order, he recommened that we change to the base sky. After I did that, he went over what we wanted and put us in the system and locked the price in :cheers:. I guess this means we will get to order ours sometime soon.:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
congrats :cheers:

Welcome to the waiting line :)

Both your dealer and saturn were correct, cloth seats are available on the base unit, but on the Redline leather is standard :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:thumbs: Thanks for the info. The nearest saturn dealer is about a 2 hr drive and its a little hard to just swing by to see what is going on.
Kevin

·
Registered
444 Posts

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
I've never seen a Sky with the cloth seats so I really don't know what they look like. But I really like the leather in my Sky. I think the 700 and something for the premium trim package is worth the money.

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
skygazr is right about what the saturn site says, the build it option defaults to black cloth :confused:

Now I am confused everything else I have read says the leather is standard for Sky's :eek:

I would call my dealer but chances are good I will get a better informed answer here, so someone please speak up with the inside scoop :thumbs:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:confused: My wife and I do not like leather. We would have a new corvette but they all come with leather. I know the dealer said they have recieved 2 base skys with cloth. I know that if I get a car with leather I will refuse it even if I lose my deposit.:eek:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Nah, when I ordered my redline with the black interior and black leather inserts it was written up as a $470 option. Cloth is standard on the redline.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts