Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put a $1000 deposit down for a Sky. YAY!

My dealer tells me I'm 3rd in line. We can't order what we want--he'll call us when one comes in and we can take it or pass. I sure hope one in my color choice comes in! I know I want the chrome wheels and the better stereo.

I'm so glad I found this forum--it's full of info I couldn't find anywhere else!

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
34DDD said:

My dealer tells me I'm 3rd in line. We can't order what we want--he'll call us when one comes in and we can take it or pass. I sure hope one in my color choice comes in! I know I want the chrome wheels and the better stereo.

I'm so glad I found this forum--it's full of info I couldn't find anywhere else!
I really glad you got on the list, but it is sad that a dealer makes you put that much money down and then tells you you have to either take what comes in or pass on it... for that much down you should get what you want,

·
Registered
380 Posts
What kind of dealer is that???

34DDD said:

That dealer sucks! I am first in line at my dealership. Only $500.00 down and I already picked out all options and ordered it exactly like I want it. The image for my car is scheduled for week of Feb 6th and delivery within 4 to 6 weeks thereafter. I'd look for a different dealer.

·
Registered
438 Posts
My dealer said $500 or $1000... that was only yesterday because we did the pre-order...before that I only had $200 down since August?

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
My dealer refused to take any money; said that they didn't do business that way.

·
Registered
474 Posts
34DDD said:

Just make sure that this is a REFUNDABLE deposit!! My dealer didn't even CASH my deposit check on my Sol - gave me back my check when I purchased.

And WHY can't you order what you want?

Sounds like he might be trying to pull a fast one! Better get some things in writing on this just to protect yourself. If he won't do anything in writing or give you back your check (refund) WALK/RUN, stop pay on the check, find another dealer who WILL give you everything you want in WRITING.

TOO MANY Solstice buyers got taken like this, I don't want to see this happen to Sky buyers too! :banghead:

Just trying to help!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Ordered mine yesterday, just the way we wanted it. Gave a deposit and was first on the list. Not sure why he is telling you, you can not order, seems very strange to me.........:confused:

·
Registered
274 Posts
I've been to 2 dealers already....

the 1st one is not even taken preorders or deposits (first come first serve)(local small town)
the 2nd one told me give 500 an they are non refundable and i'm the 5th on the list (near city)
I wish to have better luck this afternoon on my 3rd one in another city :s
I hate louisiana :s

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
He says it's refundable. But, you're right---I should ask for that in writing. He did say that they would cash the check now and cut me a check in the event I didn't get one I liked.

I live in southern Vermont so I have two options--both an hour away and they are owned by the same company....

I wish I could just order it online!:D

·
Registered
481 Posts
34DDD said:
He says it's refundable. But, you're right---I should ask for that in writing. He did say that they would cash the check now and cut me a check in the event I didn't get one I liked.

I live in southern Vermont so I have two options--both an hour away and they are owned by the same company....

I wish I could just order it online!:D
Is at least one of those dealers over the border in NY? I'm first on the list at Saturn of the Adirondacks.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Is that true, so you should have your car by the end or middle of March?

·
Registered
274 Posts
azote said:
the 1st one is not even taken preorders or deposits (first come first serve)(local small town)
holy mother of god!!!
I just called and asked to speak with the owner of the circus and not to the clowns .... so making a long story short: the 1st one is arriving on the febuary the 21!! (i think is the demo one)
I'm on the 1st 3!!!!!!!! so there is a chance that I may get it this year!
now... I love my town

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Did not have to put a deposit on mine

I did not have to put a deposit down to order mine. I guess my dealer beleives in rewarding customer loyalty. It works for me. I guess it is what kind of principals your dealer has based itself on. The SKY is bright down here in TEXAS. YIPPEE

1 - 15 of 15 Posts