Saturn Sky Forum banner

Just put down deposit. Whats next???

1K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  Rick Tinley Park 
#1 · (Edited)
we called our local dealer and went in and put down 1000
deposit that was just to get the ball rolling he said image was next ???
whats next ??? we dont know what that is :)
they didnt even take what coler we want or nothing
there was one there we looked at but couldnt test drive it had ALL the bells and whisles and was priced at 30,000
does that sound like MSRP ??? we built one at the saturn web site and got a price of 25,290 this is with auto and premium trim package we are going with the red and black interior we dont want fully loaded we only want the 2 things this will be my wifes car we have had 3 other saturns and have been happy with all 3 and expect the same from this one i just see a few scary things here and need reassuring

#3 ·
If you are like most of us, what's next is a six month wait, and then told seven months later that there are restrictions on the car your ordered.

#4 ·
datonamanmike said:
there was one there we looked at but couldnt test drive it had ALL the bells and whisles and was priced at 30,000
does that sound like MSRP ??? we built one at the saturn web site and got a price of 25,290 this is with auto and premium trim package we are going with the red and black interior we dont want fully loaded we only want the 2 things this will be my wifes car we have had 3 other saturns and have been happy with all 3 and expect the same from this one i just see a few scary things here and need reassuring
Basically, you have reserved a spot on a waiting list to order a Sky. Now you must wait until an image is available in order for your dealer to actually place the order. Did your dealer give you any kind of timeframe as to when an image might be coming in for you? At that time (when an image comes in), your dealer will call you to ask what color and options you want on your Sky. Then you wait...and wait....and wait...:D I'm kinda surprised that they didn't ask what options you might be interested in...since this has bearing on how soon you might be imaged...especially in regards to the chrome wheels.

$30,000 sounds high for a Sky...even with it being loaded. Are you sure they didn't add a bunch of dealer add-ons to it? Some dealers do that to increase their profit. :banghead: I'd check into that. :skep:

#6 ·
datonamanmike said:

:banghead: THE WAIT IS ALL THAT REMAINS!!!:mad:

#8 ·
So have we answered your question yet? :banghead: Welcome to the big wait.:cheers:

#10 ·
Welcome to the waiting game. Glad to have you on board with the rest of us.

#11 ·
datonamanmike said:
After reading most of the posts from others on this forum about their buying experiences, I feel really fortunate to have the dealer I do.
They've got a Forest Green Sky sitting in their showroom with the MSRP price breakdown list stuck under one of the windshield wipers....no gimmicks, just straightforward information.
They asked for a $500. deposit and told me I am 4th in line, and that they get 2 Skys a month. My salesman said I should have my Sky by June at worst.
He also gave me a cost breakdown sheet.

BASE MSRP= $23690
Premium Trim Package= $750.
Six Disc Stereo with Monsoon Subwoofer etc=$890
Limited Slip Differential= $195.
These are the options I chose.
I would hope everyone else gets treated this way by their dealer...it really creates a good atmosphere for repeat business.
Hope this helps......:)

#12 ·
nscrbug said:
$30,000 sounds high for a Sky...even with it being loaded. Are you sure they didn't add a bunch of dealer add-ons to it? Some dealers do that to increase their profit. :banghead: I'd check into that. :skep:
Hopefully -- he might have been giving you an idea "out the door" but I'd check -- You don't want to pay over MSRP.... Get it in writing!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.