Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a long time lurker who just felt the need to finally get out and post. Just put down my deposit about an hour ago, fully loaded Pearl Silver w/ Black and Red interior.....5MT of course.

According to the sales manager, I am #1 at this dealership for orders :cool:.

Now the wait begins....... :willy:

As a side note, this will be my first Saturn. How is everyone's experience with their dealer service? I currently have a 2003 BMW M3, and while the car is simply amazing.....I can't stand their service. Just hoping that things may be a bit different with Saturn.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
The Sky will be my fourth Saturn. I have nothing but praises to sing about Saturn Service. I have never had any problems with any of the cars I have owned. People who rode in my SL1 and SL2 complemented the ride. Since I have had my ION Quade Coupe I also have recieved many unsolicited compliments on the looks of the car.

I am sure (at least I hope) with the difference in the pricing that BMW's have a few amnenties and engneering advantages, but I always found Saturn a good value for the price. The Sky, besides being one of the freakin' sexiest cars I have seen, appears to be an excellent value for the car.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Macros said:
I'm a long time lurker who just felt the need to finally get out and post. Just put down my deposit about an hour ago, fully loaded Pearl Silver w/ Black and Red interior.....5MT of course.

As a side note, this will be my first Saturn. How is everyone's experience with their dealer service? I currently have a 2003 BMW M3, and while the car is simply amazing.....I can't stand their service. Just hoping that things may be a bit different with Saturn.
orders or on the list to order? as far as we know no formal orders can be taken yet...

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
Before my Saturn, I had a Camry, and older Mercedes, and a Geo (hey- it was free and I was in college.)

Service for the Geo was horrendous. They never could fix it right and at one point, my car was at the dealer twice a week for about 2 months for the exact same thing. During a break, my father switched cars with me and took it to another dealer that finally fixed the issue, but broke the hood latch. When he got onto the parkway, the hood flew open and smashed into the windshield. The day that car got sideswiped was a good day indeed.

While driving the Camry, I switched dealers four times, twice because I moved. Of the five, I would only go back to one, Checkered Flag in VA Beach. They were very good to me, but it was obvious that it was because my father went in one day and bought 2 Camrys and an Avalon- mainly because the service manager said so. Other people didn't seem to be quite so thrilled with them.

The Mercedes dealer I went to was excellent, but since my car was out of warranty, it got really expensive really quickly. The first day I went in there and saw the gently lit labor rate on the wall, I almost passed out. Fortunately, I would have landed in a beautifully upholstered overstuffed leather recliner. They got a kick out of my beloved bombed-out Mercy (trust me- the old girl was quite a sight), but treated me like royalty every moment. I loved the experience, but had to save up to go there- even regular maintenance was pretty steep.

I've driven a Saturn since Jan. '03, and I have to say that their service department has been excellent. I've had a few more issues with my car than usual, and they've really stood behind the car and gone way above and beyond, even doing something for me that I never expected and am not supposed to discuss. The personal attention and levels of effort both at the dealer and from roadside assistance have been amazing. My car has always been serviced quickly and correctly for a reasonable price. I hate to sound like one of the deluded cult members (as I always thought of Saturn owners), but I cannot reccommend Saturn service highly enough.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
What's with this? Are they taking orders or is this guy smoking something?

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
rick112 said:
:eek: He said he is on the list. No orders can be placed as of yet. No allocation has been released. No images available as of yet either. :brentil:

As usual, we are impatiently waiting to hear good news!!! :mad:

Regards,

:willy: S.D. :willy:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Well I haven't heard any good news. I went to my dealership today that I have been on their interest list for over a year now and they told me it's going to be basically take what you can get(no orders) and who ever salesmans customer can get there first gets the car. I think that sucks :mad:

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm waiting to SEE the Sky here in Vegas on Dec. %th. They are holding a raffle for the first two they get in and then they'll take orders after those two... according to the Salesmen... ew.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
rick112 said:
Wow, you're quite anxious, aren't you? I did the pre-order stuff. Chose all the (currently available) options. And finally, I put down my deposit and got a sales slip.

From what the dealer said, I will be the first actual order for my dealership when the official ordering process opens up. Because I chose Silver and a Manual, he said it should be one of the first batches that go out. But that's just what the dealer said, he could be wrong.

The manager did say that he's trying to get the Sky to be at the dealership sometime in December for their (I assume) grand re-opening. I hope it happens!

As for the service, I'll keep my fingers crossed. I've been all over the manufacturer board, Nissan, Ford, Chevy, Infiniti(Nissan again), Mitsubishi, and BMW. I think BMW just leaves a bad taste in my mouth because it is my current car and by far, the most expensive of them. I've taken the car in many times for little things that the just don't fix (I don't think they even look at the problems). I had to make a service appointment recently and I was told that I have to wait a month to get in. Totally unacceptable.

Best service, by far, was at Infiniti.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
The Sky will be my third Saturn. Their service (at least at my dealer) has been great. When my wife worked at a salon just a mile from the dealer -- they would often pick her car up and deliver it for an oil change! Same price as anyone who drove in. They also always wash the car after every service and steam clean the engine & compartment BEFORE service (the mechanics wear white and the Service Manager hates dirt.)

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
PammySky said:
Well I haven't heard any good news. I went to my dealership today that I have been on their interest list for over a year now and they told me it's going to be basically take what you can get(no orders) and who ever salesmans customer can get there first gets the car. I think that sucks :mad:
i would find a different dealer, Mine says we will be able to Order what we want and when it comes in we will get it... and the orders will be placed in order we put down our deposits... but that does not guarentee they will come in in that order...

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have had Saturn's (total of 3) since 1991, the first year that they started. I have delt with at least 4 different dealers and they all provided great service!

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
"I'm a long time lurker who just felt the need to finally get out and post. Just put down my deposit about an hour ago, fully loaded Pearl Silver w/ Black and Red interior.....5MT of course.

As a side note, this will be my first Saturn. How is everyone's experience with their dealer service? I currently have a 2003 BMW M3, and while the car is simply amazing.....I can't stand their service. Just hoping that things may be a bit different with Saturn."

I have been a long time Saturn owner, the Sky will be my fourth. I have had great service at my dealer. They stand behind their product 100% and reason I keep coming back.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts