Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Four days ago I discovered the Sky. I called a few dealers and found one for sale. I just picked it up. It's red and I just love it.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
DRS said:
Four days ago I discovered the Sky. I called a few dealers and found one for sale. I just picked it up. It's red and I just love it.

Wow! Four days from the moment of discovery to in your driveway...:eek: I think that's gotta be a record here, no?!? Congrats :thumbs:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just Registered

Thanks so much for your congrts. Everyone here seems to be so nice and informative. Is there any advice you can give me as a novice and new owner?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Eddie, I will. Are you currently driving or waiting? What options do you have? I must admit, my dealer ripped me off BIG time on the options.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
DRS said:
Thanks Eddie, I will. Are you currently driving or waiting? What options do you have? I must admit, my dealer ripped me off BIG time on the options.
How could the dealer rip you off BIG time on the options if you bought the auto with your eyes wide open? I suppose if you did not get what you wanted and bought the car anyway then I suppose it would have been your fault. I guess that it is my humble opinion that you did not realize what you were doing beforehand and were blinded by the object of getting the auto. If you don't want it, sell it, someone will buy it . Skip....reads the fine print and has eyes wide open....:) :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh, I knew that I was getting ripped off. But you're right, it was the car. And it was take it that way, or he had a list of 14 buyers that would. And I'm not sorry I did. It's a joy to drive.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
Nine out of ten people are nice on this site. We do encounter trolls but like old story books if you don't bother them the trolls won't bother you. Iffen you happen to see one do not feed. Their gut is endless and that they eat too much is an understatment. If you interact pleasently with posters they will be pleasent back. Remember each man to his own taste said the farmer when he kissed the cow...Skip... tant kissin no moo cow... :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Way to go you didn't even have to wait. have fun and enjoy your new car.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
DRS said:
I will do exactly what you suggested, but why?
There is a service bulletin about opening or closing the doors/hood with the doors in the 1/2 way open (first stop position). When left in the 1/2 way position, paint damage can be don to the door or the hood due to the Clamshell opening. But if the doors are either all the way open or all the way closed -- no problems.
Also -- there is/was supposed to be a resolution to this problem -- but I have not heard of any "fix". Better safe than sorry...:cheers:

I am a bit jealous in that you wanted/shopped/bought all in one day... Been at this since last year...:banghead:

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Skip said:
Nine out of ten people are nice on this site. We do encounter trolls but like old story books if you don't bother them the trolls won't bother you. Iffen you happen to see one do not feed. Their gut is endless and that they eat too much is an understatment. If you interact pleasently with posters they will be pleasent back. Remember each man to his own taste said the farmer when he kissed the cow...Skip... tant kissin no moo cow... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hey Skip...

I thought you may like this picture of my cats!!!

Regards,

:willy: BA :willy:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
Contrary to popular belief, I do not own any cats or dogs. I have in the past had cats and dogs ,hamsters and birds. Since I moved into this house I have not kept any animals on the premises. Then again I had a rat about 3 inches long that I tried for three years to catch. Yes, I put out SKIPPY peanut butter, any other kind not a chance look at the name Skippy, and some gouda cheese, not any gouda, the expensive kind. Rat would not touch it. I thought maybe gouda, crackers, and peanut butter with some homemade wine to wash it all down, Rat didn't touch it. Finally I tried Skippy and Edam. Sure enough Harvey bit. I called him Harvey after the Jimmy Stewert movie about the invisible rabbit. Anyway Harvey had grown after three years to a sizeable 6 inches. The trap slowed him down enough for me to put him in a huge bucket. He didn't take none too well with that. Got him outside and put him live in my big trashcan. Three days later he was still in there and took a ride to the garbage dump to see all his cousins. Since then I have heard a scurring in the ceiling and this one I will call Mary. Recently I have not heard anything in the overhead, I guess it is way too hot for any animal in the roof at 110 degrees. Hopefully I won't have to go through this again.. Skip..Kind-hearted old man... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
140 Posts
Best of luck with the new SKY

As an owner since March 25, one bit of advice as a new owner is to watch out for other drivers trying to find out what kind of car your driving. It gets dangerous out there.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Skip said:
Ya' sure? cause as d' say Great Cheese comes from Happy Cows! :D

http://www.realcaliforniacheese.com/happyCows/default.cfm?sub=happyCows&page=2&start=1

1 - 19 of 19 Posts