Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put down my $1,000 deposit. Man im excited to get this thing. Currently.. I am the 16th person in line... although they showed me the list & 4 out of the 15 people are having there regular Sky's built right now... so technically im the 12th slot. I am the 8th person on the redline list. You think its possible to still get it this year? No biggie if I cant... its the car I want & ill wait whatever it takes to get it. :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Ifyou are 8th on the redline list I'm guessing you won't see a car till 2007. Don't mean to rain on your parade.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
5thgenluder said:
Ifyou are 8th on the redline list I'm guessing you won't see a car till 2007. Don't mean to rain on your parade.
Even being true, it just gives me more time to pay off my current car + raise up 6+ prepaid insurance. :)

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
The number in line at any individual dealer doesn't give you a lot of info. Some dealers have 70 people in line and some have 10. But, some dealers receive many more cars each month.

I wonder, though, does Saturn build cars based on order of deposit date, or is it strictly based on allocation numbers (past dealer performance)? Would a dealer with 70 cars on order receive 7 skys per month, but one with 10 only order only receive one? Or would a dealer who sold 2000 Saturns last year receive twice as many Skys per month as the dealer who sold 1000. I was told that it was based totally on allocation, not on orders, which means that there are a bunch of people out there who just unluckily plopped their money down with the wrong dealer.

·
Registered
35 Posts
no word from my dealer

Congrats to those of you who got a chance to order today.
I spoke with my dealer and I am number one on the RL list but no allocation as the last time I checked.
Are there actual images being produced for the RL's ? :banghead:

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
richm said:
The number in line at any individual dealer doesn't give you a lot of info. Some dealers have 70 people in line and some have 10. But, some dealers receive many more cars each month.

I wonder, though, does Saturn build cars based on order of deposit date, or is it strictly based on allocation numbers (past dealer performance)? Would a dealer with 70 cars on order receive 7 skys per month, but one with 10 only order only receive one? Or would a dealer who sold 2000 Saturns last year receive twice as many Skys per month as the dealer who sold 1000. I was told that it was based totally on allocation, not on orders, which means that there are a bunch of people out there who just unluckily plopped their money down with the wrong dealer.
All allocations are based on the sales of the dealership in the prior year. It doesn't make any difference how many they have on order.

And I agree with 5thgenluder that you might not see ayour Red line untill the 2008 model which will be out the second half of 2007.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts