Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just got a call from our salesman! He said the GM was kinda getting tired of him pestering him for info - so the GM trained the salesman to look up the orders in the computer himself! Great! My salesman is a great guy, just up to now wasn't getting any info on any of the ordering process. He will have the info now!

As I mentioned, we are at 3400. The only hold up would have been chrome, but that hasn't seemed to stop anything. We were at 1540 several weeks ago. We also live 10 miles from Lordstown, so once it leaves the plant, should get here almost the same day. Off to the dealer just after it gets off the truck. (Sorry for all those out there waiting for the rail!)

I'm glad the GM has lifted the "Cone of silence"

My wife has finally admitted she is getting excited!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
Great news, but sometims ignorance really is bliss - watch a clock for an hour - Still i'm happy that your in the system. As for your wife finaly admiting that she's geting excited... How long you two been married?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
skyorscooter said:
Great news, but sometims ignorance really is bliss - watch a clock for an hour - Still i'm happy that your in the system. As for your wife finaly admiting that she's geting excited... How long you two been married?
I've been married 26 years - she's been married 33.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
39 Posts
You have a little more time...

Turk said:
We just got a call from our salesman! He said the GM was kinda getting tired of him pestering him for info - so the GM trained the salesman to look up the orders in the computer himself! Great! My salesman is a great guy, just up to now wasn't getting any info on any of the ordering process. He will have the info now!

As I mentioned, we are at 3400. The only hold up would have been chrome, but that hasn't seemed to stop anything. We were at 1540 several weeks ago. We also live 10 miles from Lordstown, so once it leaves the plant, should get here almost the same day. Off to the dealer just after it gets off the truck. (Sorry for all those out there waiting for the rail!)

I'm glad the GM has lifted the "Cone of silence"

My wife has finally admitted she is getting excited!
My salesman told me that the average time from 3400 to 3800 is pretty steady at 12 to 14 days lately but, the chrome is still causing problems. Hope your wait is a short one.....
 

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
Joined
·
5,953 Posts
Turk said:
I've been married 26 years - she's been married 33.
Ah Excuse me. is my math wrong. I smell a story Turk. Yes...Skip... loves stories....:lol: :lol: :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
149 Posts
Turk said:
We just got a call from our salesman! He said the GM was kinda getting tired of him pestering him for info - so the GM trained the salesman to look up the orders in the computer himself! Great! My salesman is a great guy, just up to now wasn't getting any info on any of the ordering process. He will have the info now!

As I mentioned, we are at 3400. The only hold up would have been chrome, but that hasn't seemed to stop anything. We were at 1540 several weeks ago. We also live 10 miles from Lordstown, so once it leaves the plant, should get here almost the same day. Off to the dealer just after it gets off the truck. (Sorry for all those out there waiting for the rail!)

I'm glad the GM has lifted the "Cone of silence"

My wife has finally admitted she is getting excited!

When did you get imiged?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,421 Posts
ruledawg....I'm at 3400 too (see my sig for details)...so I wouldn't be surprised if you weren't there also. My Sky is supposed to be built this week. :willy: No word yet on a VIN, however. :confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ruledawg said:
When did you get imiged?
Well, under the new system I don't think they call it an image anymore. Our order was put into the computer the same week the new system was started (about 4 weeks ago?). We were put in with all the other orders the dealer had. We were next in line so we were top of the list in the computer. Several weeks ago we were at 1540 (what ever that is) and now we are at 3400.

Oh, and Skip; she was married before! I don't know about you, but I don't think that's much of a story! :D
 

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
Joined
·
5,953 Posts
Turk said:
Well, under the new system I don't think they call it an image anymore. Our order was put into the computer the same week the new system was started (about 4 weeks ago?). We were put in with all the other orders the dealer had. We were next in line so we were top of the list in the computer. Several weeks ago we were at 1540 (what ever that is) and now we are at 3400.

Oh, and Skip; she was married before! I don't know about you, but I don't think that's much of a story! :D
Married before dont count when yall got married. Because it starts from your union. Skip. not meaning to be nosy....:cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,129 Posts
I gotta say, Skip, I saw it the way you did. But it didn't surprise me. Some menfolk don't figure out they're married until the younguns come along, and sometimes not until the younguns start wanting to like, drive the car. Well, needless to say, it can be a process. I figured five years or so was about right, (the driving younguns jarring em awake is rare, after all..but it happens you know). So, I thought, "Here is an honest man: He is admitting that he didn't have it figured out until five years after she did". No offense intended Turk, you understand. :) :) Sort of like, when is the Sky really, really ordered these days? Some guys wonder, "When am I really married? Right up front, or in about five or six years when kids are running around?"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
skywulf said:
I gotta say, Skip, I saw it the way you did. But it didn't surprise me. Some menfolk don't figure out they're married until the younguns come along, and sometimes not until the younguns start wanting to like, drive the car. Well, needless to say, it can be a process. I figured five years or so was about right, (the driving younguns jarring em awake is rare, after all..but it happens you know). So, I thought, "Here is an honest man: He is admitting that he didn't have it figured out until five years after she did". No offense intended Turk, you understand. :) :) Sort of like, when is the Sky really, really ordered these days? Some guys wonder, "When am I really married? Right up front, or in about five or six years when kids are running around?"
Hmmmmmmm :rolleyes:

Let's try this again. My wife and I have been happily married for 26 years. Before I met her, She was married and divorced for 7 years. She has been married technically 33 years while I have been married (to her) for 26 years.

We have a vary happy life together! It was a joke. I wouldn't trade her for a Sky. That should tell you something!
 

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
Joined
·
5,953 Posts
Thank you Turk, and have many more years together....Skip...Get your Sky guy......:lol: :lol: :lol: :jester:
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top