Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found out that I was suposed to be the first automatic to come to the dealership.

Now three weeks ago, I found out that there were other automatics ordered (mine still has not been ordered) I am incredibly frustrated. I am thinking that the Saturn dealer is just yanking my chain. I was the second person on the list, and a salesman for the company was number 1 and he got his car already.

I am so tired of being lied to. I am so tired of having to call the dealer to get any information, especially after they promised to keep calling and letting me know what is going on.

And I am especially pissed at the fact that I asked what a trade in of a eight month old 2005 PT Crusier convertible w/7500 miles and an original sticker price of $27,450, and they told me they could only give me 13,500 for it.

Is anyone else as outraged as me? I am feeling like driving my old car through their showroom floor.:banghead: :mad: :banghead: :mad:

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Dr. Bob. Don't do that. I am also tired of not being called and told what is happening. I am also aware that the GM of my dealership has been out of town for two cycles of images coming through, (two tuesdays, won't be back until next week) and I might have missed a chance to get imaged, but cannot get straight answer. However, this is a symptom of Sky Fever, Doc, and I don't think the cure is driving the perfectly good PT Cruiser through a window. Put the top down, and breathe. :)

·
Registered
804 Posts
From speaking with my Mgr. she said the plant is not really updating much anymore. They have so many people excited about getting their cars, more than usual, Saturn isn't updating everything every time. They would rather have you be suprised that the car has shipped than to get upset if the TPW falls through. Remember the "T" does not mean "your car WILL be made this week. Only when there is a VIN assigned will the update be real.
I also understand that many of the orders are being pulled through by option and color so more cars can be built faster without delay. Our dealer has all Red cars and only one pearl on order. The red ones have started to show up at the dealer, but the pearl was ordered first and still doesn't have a vin.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
drbob said:
And I am especially pissed at the fact that I asked what a trade in of a eight month old 2005 PT Crusier convertible w/7500 miles and an original sticker price of $27,450, and they told me they could only give me 13,500 for it.
Low mileage PT Cruisers are going on eBay for $14,800... and that's the Buy Now Price. Almost every vehicle loses a HUGE percentage of its value the minute you drive it off the lot. Trade in offers are negotiable. Don't let them make you to believe that the "No Haggle" policy extends to the value of your trade-in. You can probably bargain them up.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think the thing that upsets me the most is being told I am #2 on the list and finding that 5 people have gotten their cars already, and they have not even ordered mine. Their salesman was #1, and I was #2, and I found out (by accident) that others have got their automatics ordered, and they have not even ordered mine yet.

·
Registered
11 Posts
spoke with a dealer yesterday (Florida) and he said that automatics come in "drips and draps" like a 20:1 ratio with manuals. The Redline is suppose to be exclusively manual FYI

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
drbob said:
I think the thing that upsets me the most is being told I am #2 on the list and finding that 5 people have gotten their cars already, and they have not even ordered mine. Their salesman was #1, and I was #2, and I found out (by accident) that others have got their automatics ordered, and they have not even ordered mine yet.
Has your dealer offered ANY kind of explanation as to why other people have received their automatic cars and yours hasn't been ordered yet? I can see why you're upset...doesn't seem like they are doing things fairly. :mad:

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wouldn't that be considered "Breach of Contract"

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Just to let you know that my dealership has 2 locations and ordered 1 manual and 1 automatic for demos. The manual came in 2 weeks ago and still no automatic. So have faith. I heard they are now starting to push on the automatics.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Just FOR THE RECORD...... THERE HAVE BEEN NO..... I REPEAT.. NO AUTOMATICS ordered from SATURN OF ROCKFORD...AS OF YESTERDAY.....SkyBaby-07

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
drbob said:
I found out that I was suposed to be the first automatic to come to the dealership.

Now three weeks ago, I found out that there were other automatics ordered (mine still has not been ordered) I am incredibly frustrated. I am thinking that the Saturn dealer is just yanking my chain. I was the second person on the list, and a salesman for the company was number 1 and he got his car already.

I am so tired of being lied to. I am so tired of having to call the dealer to get any information, especially after they promised to keep calling and letting me know what is going on.

Is anyone else as outraged as me? I am feeling like driving my old car through their showroom floor.:banghead: :mad: :banghead: :mad:

The ONLY CAR THAT HAS COME IN AT OUR DEALERSHIP... IS OUR GENERAL MANAGERS... AND IT IS A STICK..... AND.... HE CHOSE TO BUY THE FIRST IMAGE..... .. that was his choice....... i was angry cuz.. i wanted it.. BUT... OH WELL.................. now..... TALK ABOUT FAIR..... THEY HAVE MY INVOICE AND NO CAR TO GO WITH IT..... UGH... SkyBaby-07

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
Ah the wait Skybaby, it is like the first child. You hug your belly and talk to the baby and it kicks and moves. But after 9 months your going out out get out now.. All I can say is I feel your pain ...It will get there when the timing is right . You can get frustrated and it is still going to take its time.. We all have time to stop and think what a great life we have and eventually the joy of the Sky coming home... Skip...introspective on a Tornado nite.....:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
SKY Baby, I went in a couple/few weeks ago and Rod was not there, one of the salesmen pulled out the SKY folder and said there was an image of an automatic that just went out (and it was not mine)

So, I happen to believe the salesmen, and not the managers, because the salesmen didn't know, I was to get the first, they just knew what was in front of them, not what the manager told me.

ggccg said:
Low mileage PT Cruisers are going on eBay for $14,800... and that's the Buy Now Price. Almost every vehicle loses a HUGE percentage of its value the minute you drive it off the lot. Trade in offers are negotiable. Don't let them make you to believe that the "No Haggle" policy extends to the value of your trade-in. You can probably bargain them up.
As for the cars on EBAY (pt curisers) these all had high miles on them and not as loaded as the one I have. Is the SKY gong to be worth thousands less then half the original purchase price in 8 months?

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I doubt that drbob. Remeber they are only producing 10,000 of them this year. Remember back when the PT cruisers 1st came out? Long list, dealers adding preimums. (sound familiar) Now you can find them on just about every car lot for sale used. Who knows, in a few years if they produce more Sky's they may not be in a high demand although I doubt that, I am not an expert, just a Sky lover. Good luck :thumbs:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,569 Posts
drbob said:

Not knowing what your vehicle had, I went to Chrysler, built a 2005 PT Cruiser Convertible Touring Edition until it matched your original price close enough. Then put those options into the KBB site.

Vehicle Details
Engine: 4-Cyl. 2.4 Liter
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: FWD
Mileage: 7,500

Selected Standard Equipment: Air Conditioning, Power Steering, Power Windows, Power Door Locks, Tilt Wheel, Cruise Control, AM/FM Stereo, Single Compact Disc, Dual Front Air Bags, Alloy Wheels

Selected Optional Equipment: Premium Sound, ABS (4-Wheel)

The Trade-In Value for Excellent is 13,725, Good is 12,880, Fair is 11,430.

Private Value for Excellent is 15,965, Good is 15,020 and Fair is 13,745

Retail Value for Excellent is 18,310... Retail sales assumes Excellent Condition.

You may be able to get about 17 - 18,000 in a private sale if your car is in excellent condition and since it has such low miles... that just depends on buyers for that car.

In regard to the sticker price, since it is a 2005 and you bought it 8 months ago, that would be August or September, which is about the time they released the 2006's and in such were selling 2005's at a discount. Did you pay sticker, over or under? Not that I really need to know, it is just to have an idea. :)

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
drbob said:
SKY Baby, I went in a couple/few weeks ago and Rod was not there, one of the salesmen pulled out the SKY folder and said there was an image of an automatic that just went out (and it was not mine)

So, I happen to believe the salesmen, and not the managers, because the salesmen didn't know, I was to get the first, they just knew what was in front of them, not what the manager told me.

As for the cars on EBAY (pt curisers) these all had high miles on them and not as loaded as the one I have. Is the SKY gong to be worth thousands less then half the original purchase price in 8 months?
Dr Bob..... the automatic image may have been there... BUT..... Rob.. and George are the only ones who know which image options are available when they put the information into the computer.. and if it accepts them..... i know the next one after MY BLACK one coming in.. is a RED 5 SPEED..... just plain jane..... they havent been able to order automatics.. i guess there is a quota of how many autos they can put into the comp... and everytime they tried so far... it hasnt accepted them.... just what i have been told...... i dont know.... we are going there monday to do paperwork on my invoice... MAYBE MY BABY WILL BE THERE.... SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have talked to a person who also says that an automatic has been ordered for a Wisconsin delivery, and they were told they were next in line for an automatic.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts