Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all....new member here. I put my deposit down on a R/L 1 week ago. Black with Tan Interior. Without a doubt this car is definately one of the top 5 best looking cars ever made....and the only one that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Its apparent that Saturn has hit a grand slam on this one. (Now if they could only build them fast enough...haha).

Anyway, when I put the deposit down...the dealer (South Blvd, Charlotte, NC) was real honest with me and said "I really can't tell you when you'll get it", only that I'm 4th on their list for a R/L. I'm guessing around 6 to 8 months based on some of the threads I've been reading. I just curious as to how long some of you other guys and gals have been waiting or have been told you're going to wait. Any info will be greatly appreciated. :thumbs:

·
Registered
607 Posts
Ordered mine June 13th - still waiting. :banghead:

·
Registered
358 Posts
It seems the average for the base is 3-5 months depending on where you are in the country. GM takes into account the geographic locations for weather. Longer warm season means longer roadster/convertible season. In their minds it means a larger market. As you know the RL is pretty new. Too soon to tell what the average may be. Your dealer seems to have given you a pretty honest time frame. Then again it could all change over night:willy:

·
Registered
444 Posts
Money down on RL March 06th

Ordered May 26 in GM system accepted by GM and dealer had allocation for this RL......

Still waiting and not built yet!!!:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

·
Registered
323 Posts
Ordered mine June 6th - no RL deliveries in SE Wisconsin yet. The first RL order was just put through last week. Only 20 more people in front of me.

My dealer's initial estimate for me was this December (back in June). A month ago it went to next August, 2007. As of yesterday, I'm looking at possibly as late as next October / November.

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
Hey all....new member here. I put my deposit down on a R/L 1 week ago. Black with Tan Interior. Without a doubt this car is definately one of the top 5 best looking cars ever made....and the only one that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Its apparent that Saturn has hit a grand slam on this one. (Now if they could only build them fast enough...haha).

Anyway, when I put the deposit down...the dealer (South Blvd, Charlotte, NC) was real honest with me and said "I really can't tell you when you'll get it", only that I'm 4th on their list for a R/L. I'm guessing around 6 to 8 months based on some of the threads I've been reading. I just curious as to how long some of you other guys and gals have been waiting or have been told you're going to wait. Any info will be greatly appreciated. :thumbs:

Welcome to the Saturn Sky waiting lounge, grab a number, pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee, and join the conversation. :thumbs:

I have been in the waiting area now for going on 3 months, I am hoping my dealer will get me my RL in time for christmas :lol:

PS: the number you just grabbed is somewhere around #2,870, and the sign says now serving #6, but the conversation is great, and you can make all sorts of new friends. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
994 Posts
Welcome

And have a donut while you are waiting. I didn't want the RL, just the car and was able to find one an independant dealer bought from a Saturn dealer. Paid a little more, but I have the car now rather than what looked like over a year wait from what the dealer was saying. I don't think this will be the case with the RL though unless you're lucky. I will say that you will become obsessed with this car.

·
Registered
19 Posts
:thumbs: It depends on how many RL's your dealer gets a month. If your dealer gets 1 a month, and Saturn is turning them around in 2 to 3 months. You could have yours in 7 months. Try to find out how many allotments your dealer is getting for RL's

·
Registered
8 Posts
Mike the impatient NO MORE!!!

:lol: 4 months ago on May 22 I put a doposit on my Sky, Chili, (his name) and today I was told the order is being sent in. The wait will now be 6-8 weeks and should be here by Thanksgiving. My sales manager has promised me that I am price protected from the increase. No one but my wife knows about the car and I can't wait to surprise everyone on Thanksgiving Day. This along with a Dallas Cowboys victory that day, WOW!!! It has been frustrating waitiing for news and my heart goes out to all those that are waiting for your big day. I talked to the manager and the problems that are being expressed on this forum are not that common, so he says. Thanks to all of you that answered my questions and gave me hope to "hold on". Hope to see some of you next year at a Sky meet.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
My signature tells most everything ...

as of today I still do not have even a order number!

But, I am told I am now #1 ....

price protected .... yea sure ... :willy:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts