Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,570 Posts
IslandHopper said:
And Here are the new borns waiting for their parents :) disregard dates on pics
Nice... some Sol's surrounded by Corvettes... some good company. :)

·
Registered
637 Posts
forgive my ignorance...

What is this "Kappa" thing people keep referring to? I searched and couldn't find what it is.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
akinmb said:
What is this "Kappa" thing people keep referring to? I searched and couldn't find what it is.
The Chassis is a Kappa design -- so the Solstice and Sky are Kappa cars. Get used to it you’ll hear a lot about it. Oh and be proud of it too... :thumbs:

·
Registered
234 Posts
GM gives codenames to chassis.

The new Camaro and other cars will be on Zeta, the CTS STS and SRX are on Sigma, the Cobalt is on Delta I believe, and so on....

Solstice and Sky are Kappa, as well as Opel GT and Daewoo G2X.

·
Registered
637 Posts
thanks...

Thanks for your responses to my question...but now I'm wondering...is it a simple ordering system of which style came in what particular order?

·
Registered
304 Posts
akinmb said:
Thanks for your responses to my question...but now I'm wondering...is it a simple ordering system of which style came in what particular order?
No, because they did not start with Alpha as far as I know. And they won't stop producing cars when they get to Omega.

The codes I think started with English letters and then became Greek equivalents, but I am not sure. Anyway it's a good bet they won't use Iota as a codename (The word is used in a common English phrase, 'not one iota of difference', to signify a meaningless distinction (lit. "not even a small difference")) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iota

1 - 8 of 8 Posts