Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the lack of interior storage in the Sky, Kappasphere went to nature for a solution. The kangaroo's pouch is used to carry it's young around in the early stages. Once the Kangaroo is ready it gradually spends less and less time in the pouch. We took the same idea of the Kangaroo pouch, and utilized the small existing pouch in the front of your seat. What do you get when you mix a kangaroo and Kappasphere? A Kapparoo!

Check it out on the website.

http://www.kappasphere.com/handler.cfm?cat_id=20107&prod_id=2760&function=product

No kangaroos were harmed in the developement of this product.:)

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
Looks pretty cool. :thumbs: Just a little expensive for me as well.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I agree....$50 is to steep for a pouch.....I'd pay maybe somewhere around $20 and that's still a maybe....and if you have a passenger sitting there????? Sorry. And Ruthie, those $50 add up and the next thing you know you have a car that's a couple of thousand more because of add ons.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Does that mean it won't fit in the trunk with the top down? :jester:
Our luggage will fit in the trunk with the top down...

It's just that not all our luggage fits in the trunk with the top down. And to answer your question...not all of our Kapparoo's fit in the trunk with the top down. Besides, that would be kapparoo abuse.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
I like it! Just one recommendation for Version 2.0...

Have a lid flap on it that velcroes it closed. If you want to leave it open you could fold the lid back into the seat pocket. I'd want a velcro flap so that I could cover it up as part of the "keep it hidden so that people don't slice open your top when they see an MP3 Player, Camera or Cell Phone left in plain view" policy.

Nice job! Now I have to decide if I want to keep it on the driver or passenger side.

Hmmmmm...

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Indeed, the flap is a good idea. We will probably implament that on version 2.0

This is GREAT imput btw. We have already heard that is not cheap in more ways then one. I appreciate the people who could post that without the smart comments. The production of this piece is not simple. It is labor intensive and the materials are high quality. Plus the part is very useful. I would say this is one of the most useful products for the car to date from any vendor. Some of the prices it seems people want this thing for are actualy less then it costs to make. Like Ruthie said, you are paying $25k but more realisticaly $30k for a car. What is $50 more for something you will get good use out of. If we made it out of cheaper materials, it would fall apart and you would end up spending alot more in time and money wasted replacing it every so often. Instead we offer a product that is useful and is going to last, and is a 1 time buy. Just my 2 cent. I would without a doubt buy one for my solstice or sky if I had one.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I gotta defend KS here. I think $50 is fair. When the price for pedals was $200 I had to call BS, but this product is worth it.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Inovative, the question I have is since my wife and I use the Sky instead of the daily gas guzzling Durango, does it interfear with your legs? I know if you put something in it that sticks out it might, but if we use it daily will it irritate my wife:D

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
I like that

:thumbs:

Don't know if I'm just cheap - but price seems a little high :rolleyes:
I don't think your cheap. The price is high. It's a great idea. But not a $50 idea.

·
Registered
239 Posts
$200 for pedals is highway robbery....I thought only MOMO and all the BMW and Mercedes tuners got away with that kind of highway robbery. $50 for the pouches sounds pretty fair to me....It does look likes it's high quality my only concern would be if it would bothered me while driving.
ohhh and yeah the flap would is a great Idea!
I would buy it with the flaps if it didnt bother my legs while driving.

Keep up the good work :thumbs:

Marco

I gotta defend KS here. I think $50 is fair. When the price for pedals was $200 I had to call BS, but this product is worth it.

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
I think this is great. When my RL arrives, I will be interested in one with the flap and one without the flap (for the driver's seat that would be easy access)

Shirley

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Our luggage will fit in the trunk with the top down...

It's just that not all our luggage fits in the trunk with the top down. And to answer your question...not all of our Kapparoo's fit in the trunk with the top down. Besides, that would be kapparoo abuse.
Could that lil guy pull the lever to get out??:jester:

·
Registered
185 Posts
The price strikes me as high as well, but economy of scale plays a huge role. Tiny sales volume = high unit costs.

Cheap Chinese goods made in slave labor camps by Catholic Priests and political prisoners like Grad students, have sure spoiled us. I'm left to wonder how many people calling this expensive spent $50 at Starbucks in the past 2 weeks. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Very helpful idea but it needs a flap to hide the valuable camera and Ipod from view. Without a flap you may have created an easy way for a thief to spot the valuables and by just grabbing the Kapparoo he gets them all easily in one quick move.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Great idea. Also think it is a little expensive. I was thinking maybe $30-$40. A flap would be great to hide the goodies.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Or for $9 get the sunglass/cell phone wedge that fits by the seat from Wally World.

Or but a few pouches from Case Logic and hang them off the seat pocket yourself.

Sorry boys but $50 is highway robbery.
I took someone's earlier suggestion and went to Wal-Mart and bought the Case Logic pouche that fits between the seat and middle console. Works great for glasses, phone and wallet. This Kappasphere item looks good for the passenger seat, but wouldn't it rub on the back of your legs and be annoying?

1 - 20 of 58 Posts