Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The body kit for the Sol almost makes it look more like the Sky...

How about a body kit for the SKY that makes it look more like the
Vauxhall Lightning concept?? That would rock! More angular in the front and rear. I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Fornt And Side Sky Body Kit

Been working on a lower side and front Spolier body kit for the Sky still in the first stages but getting there....

RedSky

Attachments

·
Banned
36 Posts
I think that getting rid of the front bumper and replacing it with anything else would be an improvement.:cheers:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ummm,

I already ordered a SKY, I love the SKY. I was simply stating that if people wanted a body kit...one the emulated the Vauxhall would be rocking. By the way, the Vauxhall was ONLY a concept, not available in the US, and I'm guessing pretty expensive...so your suggestion to "buy it" doesn't work.

·
Registered
136 Posts
eldeeko said:
Ok, get an Opel..a body kit would make it look like a "Rice Burner"..but why mess with the sky? Enjoy it when you get it, mess with the body and lose resale value or worse!
why would a tasteful body kit look like rice? and you're not going to lose resale value if it's a decent body kit... and worse? what's worsE????? lol...

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Can't buy an OPEL in the states either... and even if you could, it looks just like the sky.

why is it that when someone posts that they want to do anything at all to their sky on this forum the "purists" of the world come to the attack?

what did mom used to teach? "if you dont have something nice to say.......

oh ya, and calm down with the HUGE text

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
REDSKY said:
Been working on a lower side and front Spolier body kit for the Sky still in the first stages but getting there....

RedSky
Hmmm, making it lower in the front.... have you seen all the cars out there with the cracked or broken air dams in the front because of how low they hang, Mine scrapes enough just getting in and out of my driveway, we don't need to make it any lower....
Come up with a better rear spoiler now that I may buy...

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
usmc said:
Can't buy an OPEL in the states either... and even if you could, it looks just like the sky.

why is it that when someone posts that they want to do anything at all to their sky on this forum the "purists" of the world come to the attack?

what did mom used to teach? "if you dont have something nice to say.......

oh ya, and calm down with the HUGE text
:agree:

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
eldeeko said:
"Rice Burner" = Honda (any model) with body kit. Any so called (do it yourself) custom work knocks down the value of any car. I would never buy one with a bolt-on body kit but there are those who would. Yes, it is already too low in the front (dislikes speed bumps and driveways)....and worse is an expression meaning it would look like poo (softer word).
custom work knocks down the value?? only to those who aren't into that particular type of work. The people who are into that will look at it in a different light. My wife thinks its crazy what some of the hot rodders do to their otherwise perfect classics... does it bring down the value? to her it does, she might no like that chopped top... but to me, its awesome... and adds value for me cause I don't have the means or knowledge to attempt something like that. Its all in what your into.
some could (and do) say the same thing about the mallet conversion, whats the difference? you would probably run off saying "who needs 400hp in a roadster".... probably noone "needs" it but they want it, and did it. deal with it.

as far as being to low, in my younger days I had a couple of different cars that were waaaaay low. just means you have to pay more attention for road hazards and maybe go around that speed bump instead of straight over it. It can be done, I used to do it.

don't mean to rant but I would like to see this forum grow and expand into as many different directions that it needs to. The more people that visit this site, the more kinds of input, more ideas we can share, the more VENDORS will get sponsorship (the number we have now is sad), the better!

but this type of response will just send people off to other forums where they feel they will get more positive input and feel more welcomed than they do here.

done

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
usmc said:
custom work knocks down the value?? only to those who aren't into that particular type of work. The people who are into that will look at it in a different light. My wife thinks its crazy what some of the hot rodders do to their otherwise perfect classics... does it bring down the value? to her it does, she might no like that chopped top... but to me, its awesome... and adds value for me cause I don't have the means or knowledge to attempt something like that. Its all in what your into.
some could (and do) say the same thing about the mallet conversion, whats the difference? you would probably run off saying "who needs 400hp in a roadster".... probably noone "needs" it but they want it, and did it. deal with it.

as far as being to low, in my younger days I had a couple of different cars that were waaaaay low. just means you have to pay more attention for road hazards and maybe go around that speed bump instead of straight over it. It can be done, I used to do it.

don't mean to rant but I would like to see this forum grow and expand into as many different directions that it needs to. The more people that visit this site, the more kinds of input, more ideas we can share, the more VENDORS will get sponsorship (the number we have now is sad), the better!

but this type of response will just send people off to other forums where they feel they will get more positive input and feel more welcomed than they do here.

done
Well you do not want a car so low that when you approach any kind of dip you have to slow down to a crawl to get by it without scraping, I get behind a bunch or those "Ricer" cars that have to do that and it drives me up a wall when you have to baby a car that much... the front of the Sky is low enough as it is.... any lower and it will not be practical...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
SkyMan 07 said:
Well you do not wantr a car so low that when you approack any kind of dip you have to slow down to a crawl to get by it without scraping, I get behind a bunch or those "Ricer" cars that have to do that and it drives me up a wall when you have to baby a car that much...
I agree... and heck... the Sky is almost already at a point right now where you have to creep up steep grades and avoid speed bumps, imagine lowering it! Though, to each their own!

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
SkyMan 07 said:
Well you do not want a car so low that when you approack any kind of dip you have to slow down to a crawl to get by it without scraping, I get behind a bunch or those "Ricer" cars that have to do that and it drives me up a wall when you have to baby a car that much... the front of the Sky is low enough as it is.... any lower and it will not be practical...

I didn't mind taking things slow when I was into that.

Then don't do it.

practical???? funny you use that word in reference to the sky. This car is anything but practical anyway.

done, again :willy:

(FOOLINTHERAIN76--- sorry about the thread hijack, sometimes the "if its not something I would do, then it sucks" attitude really gets to me.)

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
usmc said:
I didn't mind taking things slow when I was into that.

Then don't do it.

practical???? funny you use that word in reference to the sky. This car is anything but practical anyway.

done, again :willy:

(FOOLINTHERAIN76--- sorry about the thread hijack, sometimes the "if its not something I would do, then it sucks" attitude really gets to me.)
Yes practical, We are talking about ground clearance here not other aspects of the car, Right now it can be driven in a normal manner without too much worry, but even a little lower will cause major problems...

I would hate to see someone spend alot of money on a Body kit or front spoiler just to have it scrapped and ripped off by any, rock or bump in the road...
Do you have your Sky yet USMC? Just wondering....

·
Registered
325 Posts
I would think that the Sky is a good 18 months behind the Solstice in sponsors and products so all of the new turbo kits and engine swap kits that are coming will work for both cars.

Another point is that the Sky doesn't need a body kit like the Sol does; the Sol is more basic looking roadster that somebody could improve upon for a more aggressive look. I think GM did a good great job on the sky and other then maybe a larger grill opening I think any additional body kit for the Sky would be heading into rice territory because taking it up a notch would be approaching the ridiculous. It's like making a body kit for the new ZO6, why?

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
If I had my way to change my Sky I would probably do very little --

I did toss around a few ideas though... maybe painted brake calipers, get a hold of the RedLine tinted headlight lenses, maybe a wider grill opening (with intercooler?) and then blackout the fog lamps.

This was all a minds eye creation, I do love my Sky EXACTLY how it is... but you know how you can't leave a good thing alone for long.

·
Registered
136 Posts
eldeeko said:
Apples and Oranges! A chopped top isn't a bolt on plastic wantabe, nor frenched headlights, channeled body. I love a good custom, but plastic body stuff that every 18-25 year old bolts on. NO! You must be a vendor as you seem to take this to heart a little much! This is only my opinion and I too may put it on this forum..

you're right you can put your opinion..... and so can he....

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
hehehehe, a vendor!!?!?
no, have nothing to sell.
do I have my sky? nope, its waitin' for the train but I have owned a few cars with about 3" of clearance. My pre-teen and teen years were at the beginning of the huge mini-truck fad. Everthing during that time was being slammed to the ground, the lower the better. Was a bit of a hassle at times when approaching steep driveways and such but put your car at an angle and I was able get where I wanted to go (except for those monster speed bumps you see at some places)

My entire point really had less to do with what financial value mods add or don't add and more to do with what I posted in my first few replies. A thread gets started with a valid question/idea/observation or whatever and if it happens to be just a tad off in left field, the 'ol timers (and I mean age, not time on forum) jump in and basically degrade and chastise the younger posters.

I for one, will be taking a more old school approach with my sky... not external mods (except the gm spoiler) and put my money under the hood. We want this forum to grow and the comments that some of you make in these threads is unneccessary and in my opinion, chases people away.

Skyman07 - you know from being over at the sol forum exactly what that feels like, I've followed your posting wars over there... was very entertaining.
and look how you responded.... you left the forum (albeit, you came back in a matter of hours (due to popular demand :rolleyes: ) but your response was after that battle was to leave. I don't want to see that happen here. Open minds guys!

and if your wondering why I get defensive on this topic, its not because I'm a vendor, its because I would

love to see more technical stuff over here of our own and have to goto to the sol forum less often. Many

times these sort of topics (the ones this thread was orig. about) lead to more and more tech. discussion,

but thats only if people stick around long enough between the negative opinions to build an intelligent

conversation.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
eldeeko said:
Now you've got me...who left what forum and why (wasn't me)? Although I do make it a point not to sit and await responses (could wait for days). And I don't remember (usmc) in this thread until now. That's all, and I do agree with your other comments...but who is it you are referring to? Sorry, I do see a previous post here (very short) about ground clearance.
read my posts again... you'll get it the second time.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
ummm, I was talking to both of you. If you haven't noticed, this

conversation has only included the 3 of us. Who else would I be talking to?

I'll try to put more space between the lines so that its easier to read.

ok?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts