Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone
We are now offering our new Clear Paint Protection Bra custom designed for your Sky. This is a great way to protect the front of your beautiful car without covering it with a conventional leather bra.

This patented acrylic adhesive will withstand lubricants, oils, UV rays, and unlike the competition, also contains an anti-corrosion polymer which inhibits rust and mold growth. Our new formulation now allows you to handle the film aggressively without leaving finger prints or stretch marks in the adhesive – even on black vehicles!

The KappaSphere Clear bra exhibits the following:

• High gloss film, with very high shear resistance – it will not ‘creep’ or shrink over time
• Will NOT yellow – guaranteed!
• This clear film has been tested and approved around the world with leading OEM’s such as Mercedes, Chrysler, Ford, GM, Ferrari, and Nissan
• It’s extremely conformable around high radius corners, meaning a faster install with no wrinkles, stretch marks or fingerprints in the adhesive!
• An optically clear, removable, anti-corrosion adhesive with mold inhibitor built in
• Greater long term durability – the urethane’s physical properties don't degrade with wear.
• Greater UV resistance and color stability - won't yellow with age
• Greater clarity on all color paints

Our film covers 4 different areas on the car which are most susceptible to rock damage... Upper bumper, lower bumper, hood and mirrors and headlights, turn signals and fog lights.

http://www.kappasphere.com/products/exterior/accessories/

Neil

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
I highly recommend the paint protection film . Have similar film on my elise exc. protection to rock damage road debris etc.
Chris

·
Registered
255 Posts
Hey Stig - Your photoes really look good. Are the kits priced separetly or can you buy them all in one kit? Maybe you can't answer the next question on this forum, but, how much are they?:cheers:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Looks to be this will set you back $517 bucks for th hole kit of 4 section. WOW thats a lot of bucks!:nono:

·
Registered
255 Posts
LiveWire said:
Looks to be this will set you back $517 bucks for th hole kit of 4 section. WOW thats a lot of bucks!:nono:
Still sounds like it might be worth the expense, especially to the resale value a few years down the road. I'd invest the money if I could install it myself, but it would be difficult to pay over $500.00 for the kits and then have to pay someone another couple hundred to put them on properly.:banghead:

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Which brings us to my question...where or who would you take this kit to for installation? Would Saturn dealers do it even though it's not a GM product?

·
Registered
255 Posts
nscrbug said:
Which brings us to my question...where or who would you take this kit to for installation? Would Saturn dealers do it even though it's not a GM product?
Just guessing, but I imagine a Saturn dealership would probably NOT be willing to install the after market kit. I had in mind to take the kit to a reputable window tinting place and see what they might charge to put on the kits. Anyway it goes I'll bet it will cost a couple hundred dollars to get it all on. Kind of makes me want to do it myself.........very carefully.:willy:

·
Registered
326 Posts
3M on SKY

nscrbug said:
Not to take away from the Kappa product, but I wanted something on my baby ASAP to prevent paint damage & went with the tried & true 3M Clear Bra. Installed by a company that ONLY installs the clear bra. My SKY install was between Ferrari & a Porsche...so if those guys are sold on the product, so am I. All for only $550. If ANY signs of problems come up (bubble, wrinkle, anything) it will be REPLACED/REINSTALLED for FREE. Can't beat that!! (still waiting on the AutoCad Templete to get my true to fit 3M and remove the current custom install--see my thread 1/2 Price to any SKY in Ft. Myers FL area)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
longwaitlarry said:
Hey Stig - Your photoes really look good. Are the kits priced separetly or can you buy them all in one kit? Maybe you can't answer the next question on this forum, but, how much are they?:cheers:
Yes, the kits are priced separately...

Clear bra - Sky upper bumper:
http://www.kappasphere.com/handler.cfm?cat_id=20103&cat_id=20422&prod_id=2280&function=product

Clear bra - Sky lower bumper:
http://www.kappasphere.com/handler.cfm?cat_id=20103&cat_id=20422&prod_id=2281&function=product

Clear bra - Sky Hood and Mirrors:
http://www.kappasphere.com/handler.cfm?cat_id=20103&cat_id=20422&prod_id=2300&function=product

Clear bra - Sky Headlights Protection:
http://www.kappasphere.com/handler.cfm?cat_id=20103&cat_id=20422&prod_id=2304&function=product

Neil

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
nscrbug said:
Most dealers would do the install. But there are a lot of clear bra companies who would come to your door step and install it for you. Look in your phone book. It is a growing industry so the pricing on the installs are very competitive. Or you can do the install yourself, the kit comes with complete directions on a CD (video)

Neil

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
LiveWire said:
Trust me it is still cheaper than repainting the front end of your car (at a good body shop) :eek:

Neil

·
Registered
86 Posts
Neil,
You remember how some of the early wait elise guys said no way to the film protection. 2 years on to a man they're very happy they did it.
Chris

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
bullseye said:
Neil,
You remember how some of the early wait elise guys said no way to the film protection. 2 years on to a man they're very happy they did it.
Chris
Yap... On the Elise it was $1000 but I would do it again in a heart beat :)

Neil

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Robotech said:
I have a question Neil...would YOU guys install it? I'm fairly local to you and would take that option if available.
hey, I just spoke to you on the phone... Let me know when you are ready to move on this we'll have the installer come to your house. :)

Neil

1 - 15 of 15 Posts