Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any forum member have any experience with the KappaSphere clear bra for the Sky?:confused:

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sky Bra

marklynn70 said:
I don't think they have released one for the SKY yet.
Yep ... its on their web site now

·
Registered
170 Posts
If anyone has any pictures of one installed, please post them, I'd love to see what it looks like, thanks!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Anyone know if this is something you put on yourself, or should you have it done professionally?

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
rocky777 said:
Anyone know if this is something you put on yourself, or should you have it done professionally?
Kappasphere.com has the following to say: The patented acrylic adhesive will withstand lubricants, oils, UV rays, and unlike the competition, also contains an anti-corrosion polymer which inhibits rust and mold growth. Our new formulation now allows you to handle the film aggressively without leaving finger prints or stretch marks in the adhesive – even on black vehicles!
Unless you are familiar with this type of product you may want to let a professional handle it. Not to mention all of the prep work to your vehicle before application can even be started. I have posted the link below for you just in case you didn't have it or for others following the thread.

http://www.kappasphere.com/handler.cfm?cat_id=20103&cat_id=20422&prod_id=2280&function=product

·
Registered
170 Posts
Awesome Mark, thank you!

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
rocky777 said:
Awesome Mark, thank you!
Here to help, sorry I messed that up earlier with it's release. Something in the back of my mind was telling me to check the website. Instead I just blurted out the first thing out of my mouth. That will teach me.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I didnt get the Kappa one, but I did get the 3m clear bra. I can take pics of that if you would like to see it. He not only put it on the hood but on the back of my mirrors too....:D

·
Registered
251 Posts
I watched the video posted on either here or Solstice forum on how to install and it didn't look too complicated. There was one thing to keep in mind, moisture...that was the key to making it move into place and the guy on the video used a spray bottle w/ a little joy in it. The guy even demo'd in the event you have to pull the piece back up and reapply it...didn't look hard at all. I think the hardest part is when you need to stretch it around the corners but again the video made it look easy, but I am sur ethat part takes practice. You need only a spray bottle with water and joy in it and a sponge to wipe out the bubbles. After install let it sit for an hour or two and dry. I would say though, if you aren't a DIY to probably have a pro do it!! You couldn't see a damn thing of it unless you were right upon it and knew it was there!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Installation Questions

Hi Guys,

My name is Tony and I work with Kappasphere as the recommended installer of clear bras for the Las Vegas area. If anyone has any questions related to installation or the product itself, please feel free to ask.

Thanks

Clear Bra Installer:cool:

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
What's with the orange? :confused:

·
Registered
202 Posts
SKYtime said:
What's with the orange? :confused:
That's only to show you the area that is covered- clear doesn't photograph very well.

My question tho is: is it a high-gloss finish like the paint or is it more matte. Matte finish may not be noticeable in photographs but when you get close to the vehicle it is UGLY!

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Clear Bra Installer said:
Hi Guys,

My name is Tony and I work with Kappasphere as the recommended installer of clear bras for the Las Vegas area. If anyone has any questions related to installation or the product itself, please feel free to ask.

Thanks

Clear Bra Installer:cool:
Tony,

Is it something the competent DYIer can do, or should they seek a professional? I know it is still somewhat new and some parts of the country don't have a professional installer nearby.

Thanks!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Installation

TexSon said:
Tony,

Is it something the competent DYIer can do, or should they seek a professional? I know it is still somewhat new and some parts of the country don't have a professional installer nearby.

Thanks!
The installation can be performed by a DYIer. (I would recommend a second person to help you hold the parts as they come off the backing paper) The kits come with an installation video that shows you step by step how the material is applied. There is also a teflon squeege in the kit that is used to apply the material and won't scratch it or your paint job.

Clear Bra Installer

·
Registered
115 Posts
High Gloss Finish

GMinTheDriveway said:
That's only to show you the area that is covered- clear doesn't photograph very well.

My question tho is: is it a high-gloss finish like the paint or is it more matte. Matte finish may not be noticeable in photographs but when you get close to the vehicle it is UGLY!
The material is very high gloss finish, just like your paint. The nice thing about the Kappasphere product is that it has a very smooth finish unlike the 3m product which has more orange peel.

Clear Bra Installer

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Thanks

I've been wondering about the finish and ease of application. Your info has also helped me decide between the 3M and the KAPPA.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts