Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ladies and Gentleman, are you ready?!?!?!?! We are, for a limited time, allowing pre orders on the luggage rack. What benefit is this to you? It secures your spot making sure you get one when they come in, and you get $25 off to help out with your shipping. But order quickly, sale ends Sept. 15th. If you cancel your order before delivery and try to re order later, you will not get the same discount. Also, your credit card will not be charged until we ship the product out to you. If you have any further questions feel free to ask in this thread.

Luggage rack can be ordered here.

http://www.kappasphere.com/handler.cfm?cat_id=20103&cat_id=20422&prod_id=2740&function=product

·
Registered
607 Posts
Sure looks a lot better than the one by Saturn.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is a completely different design from the dealer one. This offers a more retro, classic style that you see on the old sports cars and roadsters. It compliments the car nicely. Plus its from Kappasphere and we are known for our quality products and exceptional customer service.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Looks great but what happened to the OnStar antenea???.....This looks much better than the small luggage rack that GM offers but would this fit on a Sky with a spoiler????:confused:

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The spoiler and antenna shouldn't be a problem. They were taken into consideration when the rack was designed. We will test fit the rack with our Sky w/ xm antenna but we have no spoiler so we won't be able to varify that right away.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Sorry to hijack your thread about the luggage rack, but when is you company going to offer some SKY apparel items? I saw that you added the SKY keychains, and I definitely will be getting one and soon. But I'd also like to wear some SKY stuff too!

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
THAT is a proper rack!!:thumbs:

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry to hijack your thread about the luggage rack, but when is you company going to offer some SKY apparel items? I saw that you added the SKY keychains, and I definitely will be getting one and soon. But I'd also like to wear some SKY stuff too!
PM me with off topic questions and I would gladly reply.:thumbs:

·
Registered
173 Posts
Does it require any holes to be drilled?
Check out the website that SpecRaceM5 listed in his very first post.....
"no drilling required"

·
Registered
684 Posts
Have you tested it loaded on the open road w/ top up and down?..I'm concerned if the wind will cause it to buck up and down.

·
Registered
994 Posts
From the photograph provided on the order page, I see no way this rack will fit on a car with a spoiler since it goes allt he way to the end of the trunk which is where the spoiler is located. No rack for me then:brentil:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Nice rack!! :D

·
Registered
45 Posts
looks really good...i think i might have to get one...:D

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Keep in mind that is a prototype picture. We have not recieved the actual rack yet but spoilers and antenna's were kept in mind when it was being designed.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Have you tested it loaded on the open road w/ top up and down?..I'm concerned if the wind will cause it to buck up and down.
Again ! and how will the trunk shut w/ the wind deflector on?

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
As stated before, we will conduct more testing when we recieve it. The manufacturer in Europe put alot of thought into the design and has tested it for fit and function. We would not be allowing pre orders if we thought for a second this product was not tested and ready. There are other wind reflectors that are thicker then our origonal Sky Shield. That being said, there should be no problem with the sky shield and the rack both being used at the same time. If by chance there is, we will be offering a permanent kappashield soon that I can garuntee will not be affected by the luggage rack.

·
Registered
66 Posts
You're the vendor, so you should know this, but are you sure the rack in the picture isn't upside down?

I would think that as you drive, there would be a pretty significant rearward force (if your hat flew off, it would go behind you , not in front of you), so it would make sense that the elevated horizontal bar is reversed from the picture, so the stuff on the rack doesn't slip off. :confused:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts