Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With Saturn putting out such a Great Car do you feel they took the cheap way out with kepping the current Fobs? I would have liked to see what the new Vettes come with Push Button Start. Just a thought what do you all think?

·
Registered
820 Posts
marzinair100 said:
With Saturn putting out such a Great Car do you feel they took the cheap way out with kepping the current Fobs? I would have liked to see what the new Vettes come with Push Button Start. Just a thought what do you all think?
Amen! Maybe a choice of key fobs or something.....the car looks too good to have the key fob from an ion....:jester: (J/K, I don't know what the ion key fob looks like...)

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I was so happy the key made the engine start and the fob made it light up like a spaceship! So as long as those things happened, it is a one of a kind FOB because it goes to my SKY! :lol: :cheers:

·
Registered
59 Posts
marklynn70 said:
I didn't buy the car for the FOB so I guess I am satisfied with my purchase. You can always go with an aftermarket key FOB if that is your desire. Like in the links below. :thumbs:

http://autodoodad.com/products.htm

Autodoodad looks nice. I have a VW also and like their key system. But how do they make the key for that set up. Do you send them a plastic mold of your key? Since the Sky is so new, can they set up the remote alarm/access??

·
Registered
574 Posts
Yup!

skywulf said:
I was so happy the key made the engine start and the fob made it light up like a spaceship! So as long as those things happened, it is a one of a kind FOB because it goes to my SKY! :lol: :cheers:
I havent had anybody yet say "I really liked the car until I saw your keyfob.....now I think it is pretty lame......"

But hey custom fobs... some of that carbon fiber stick-on carefully trimmed could look pretty cool! :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
At least it has a fob...imagine the poor solstice folks who elected not to get the power locks package...who walks out into the parking lot to get into such a hot car and has to put the key in the door? ha ha ha

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
hersheytx said:
marklynn70 said:
I didn't buy the car for the FOB so I guess I am satisfied with my purchase. You can always go with an aftermarket key FOB if that is your desire. Like in the links below. :thumbs:

http://autodoodad.com/products.htm

Autodoodad looks nice. I have a VW also and like their key system. But how do they make the key for that set up. Do you send them a plastic mold of your key? Since the Sky is so new, can they set up the remote alarm/access??
I am not sure you would have to contact them. I was looking into them for a switch blade replacement key FOB awhile back.

·
Registered
820 Posts
The key fob wouldn't make or break the deal, but it would have been nice to have a key fob that was a bit more stylish. Yes this was to cut costs, but were talking about a key fob. They took parts from their GM parts bin, why not get a more stylish key fob from the bin? No cost there....

Again, not that I would turn away from the Sky RL because of the fob....:thumbs:

·
Registered
102 Posts
:lol: Key Fob :lol: did he say "Key Fob"

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
sounds like th bottom of the barrel

Oh come on, complaining about the Key Fob? what next, oh I think the lug nuts look so ugly, on a car like this they should be gold or silver plated with diamonds encrusted in them......:jester:

·
Registered
128 Posts
No Problem

I actually like the seperate key fob on the old key chain, a nicer one would be nice but who has the time to worry about that when you could be cruisin. Push start on the dash would be nice (I have it on my delsol, in my center console), but then again when I get my sky next spring I may consider this mod, after all its not hard if you know wiring and how to use relays. It could be worse the remote could be built into the key like my 06 civic (makes for a big key) which I am not a big fan of (the remote in the key thing, the civic is great)

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Corvette Key Fob

OK here is my take on the subject but one sided since I don't have my SKY red line yet. The new 06 corvette has a very nice key fob so nice that it unlocks the car and locks the car as you walk away. It even detects you walking towards it and if you have the power set adjust seats when you open the door without a key or even pushing the fob it will roll the seat back and once your butt is in the car roll it up to your select spot. O for two owners it knows which key fob is driving that day. Bad thing about the Corvette fob yes BAD is that it has NO Remote start, well at least on the manual drive. Another BAD thing is that the thief’s have figured out that the car and fob use an electronic code and they have ways of catching the code and send your code to the car, lookout they just drove your new corvette away. Another bad thing about the corvette that if you want to run out and get something out of the car sitting in the garage, ugh you have to have that darn fob, try detailing the darn thing it keeps locking the doors while your trying to clean it, every time you walk away, lock. This is even better they have special pull cables along the bottom of the door, if the battery goes dead you cannot get out of the car, its an electronic button that opens the door, not a mechanical lever.
Now my cheap Impala 06 has a key fob that starts the car 60 feet away yea that far and turns on the A/C or Heat and runs for 5 minutes. Talk about cool this time of the year! Locks the car with a push of a button and unlocks it, opens the trunk and beeps if I cannot find it in the parking lot, panic button. I like my Impala fob for it practical use!

TulsaSky

1 - 14 of 14 Posts