Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The instructions say ... before I start the installation process, I should clean the car surface with a "solvent based cleaner".

Anyone have recommendations for an appropriate solvent based cleaner?:confused:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
My recommendation would be to give Neil a call. The idea of me putting anything remotely referenced to as a solvent on my car is terrifying, and I definitely wouldn't want to use the wrong thing!

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
I am reedred on this one just give Neil a call and I am sure they will have something handy that they have already used. Good Luck and remember step by step photos please. :thumbs:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
I don't like solvents. I was going to use an environmentally friendly solution to clean mine, like a stiff wire brush - probably attached to a drill motor.

·
Registered
128 Posts
bubbacc said:
The instructions say ... before I start the installation process, I should clean the car surface with a "solvent based cleaner".

Anyone have recommendations for an appropriate solvent based cleaner?:confused:
I used the alcohol solution and then the soap solution and it worked out fine, good luck, jacwag:thumbs:

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
KS Replied

Brian at KS replied to my email stating basically 'not to worry ... just make sure the surface is clean ... I could use the 'claybar' approach if I want to' ... which is what I will do ... and not worry with the "solvent based cleaner"

this is good news!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts