Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Annual MASSC Tubing Event - Rescheduled to Sunday, September 4th.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, we were rained out for our originally scheduled date, so we are going to five it another try.

MASSC will go tubing on the Delaware River

Date: Sunday, September 4th
2998 Daniel Bray Hwy
Frenchtown, NJ 08825-3011
Delaware River Tubing, Rafting, Canoeing, and Kayaking - Located in Hunterdon County

PRICE: $32 including tax, with an additional $6 parking fee. (A bit higher than last year. ) If we have at least 20 people we may be able to get a group rate.

I propose we meet at the Tubing Place at 10:30am, so we can hopefully get signed in and start tubing by around 11:30am.

After tubing we will proceed to New Hope, PA for some socializing and an early dinner.

What to bring:

- Money! (If we are eligible for the group rate, we will need to pay with one person's credit card and the rest of the folks will need to reimburse said person in cash)
- Swim suit
- Water Shoes
- Sunblock
- Sunglasses w/ strap to hold them on
- Hat
- Bungee cords (preferably with plastic ends, so we don't injure each other or burst any of the tubes!)
- Towel
- Change of Clothes/Shoes appropriate for heading to New Hope after (there is a changing tent located at the Tubing Place, but no shower facilities)
- For the ladies - something to possibly put your hair up with (see above comment about no shower facilities)

To help things run more smoothly on Tubing Day, please print out and sign the waiver found on the Tubing website here, Liability and Release Waiver for Delaware River Tubing

Please post here if you are interested in attending, so that we can start an attendance list.

·
Premium Member
2,302 Posts
Diane,

Make me a definite!

I need this after this weekend!!!

Hopefully, the water will be down and safe by then! Otherwise, I'd be up to meeting in New Hope for dinner!

Steve

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK! Anyone else going to join Spag and I tubing on Sunday?

Hopefully enough time will have passed since Irene blew through that conditions will be back to normal on the river.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Diane,

Make me a definite!

I need this after this weekend!!!

Hopefully, the water will be down and safe by then! Otherwise, I'd be up to meeting in New Hope for dinner!

Steve
I will meet you for dinner if this weekends weather holds :cheers:

·
Registered
17,411 Posts
I am hijacking this thread for one post :hijack:...especially for the Jersey people...remember Quaker Steak & Ale at Nationals...well, on their menu was fried dill pickles....it is now around the corner from my house...amazing sports bar just opened this week with a menu for everyone...I now return u to the regular scheduled event.

Fireside Grill and Bar - Restaurant - Marlboro, NJ | Facebook

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, it looks like Delaware River Tubing will not be running tubes this weekend due to safety concerns on the river. So we are out of luck for this weekend. I hope we have better luck with the weather next year.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Well, it looks like Delaware River Tubing will not be running tubes this weekend due to safety concerns on the river. So we are out of luck for this weekend. I hope we have better luck with the weather next year.
Darn I was hoping to c some pictures....

·
Premium Member
2,302 Posts
I guess my plans to sneak out and go tubing this weekend have been thwarted yet again!!!

I'm glad that we drove to New Hope last weekend when it was still dry!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts