Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Those who have done the lambo door conversion - can you share how it works? Is it easy to open and close the doors?

After having them for some time - do you still enjoy the doors????

Which brand did you get - and are you satisfied with the quality?

·
Registered
366 Posts
As far as I know, no one has done it yet. Kappasphere just announced they were releasing them not more then a couple of weeks ago. As far as I know they are they only ones that have them at this point and I don't know of anyone on here that has taken the plunge yet. If I'm wrong someone please let me know with pictures :D

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I have been seeing info - but have not heard or read of any actually installs.
I too am intrigued. For a guy who want to stay stock -- still that door looks kinda cool. If it is a bolt on, it is still in teh realm of doable for me....

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've seen some of those threads -- just curious if its easy to close the doors - and if it even makes sense to consider this modification.

:cool:

·
Registered
253 Posts
I don't have the doors but my dealer had them installed into the two redlines they had. The lambo doors look great but you do lose a little functionality. They reduce the space you have to get in and out. It was not a problem for me but I would imagine for larger people it would be. The doors first swing out like a normal door but only about 12 inches, then they go strainght up at approximatlely a 60 degree incline. So you kinda have to bend down to go under them. No big deal since you have to bend down to get into the sky anyways. I think it would be cool to have now but I wonder if the skys get more abundant you look like the a$$ who thinks his car is hotter then it really is. I took some pictures of the car but I would have to reboot out of linux to post them. The pics on the dealer sites are much better anyways. If you really want to see them I will post them later.
-Simon

·
Registered
253 Posts
Just wanted to add that the doors are very smooth in operating and they go up and down really nice. Feels kinda like a old fashioned spring loaded flip up garage door. Its like an assisted lift up into position and its held in place.
-Simon

·
Registered
290 Posts
Just wanted to add that the doors are very smooth in operating and they go up and down really nice. Feels kinda like a old fashioned spring loaded flip up garage door. Its like an assisted lift up into position and its held in place.
-Simon
Until a huge windgust comes along and rips that b*tch off!!:lol:

·
Registered
482 Posts
Until a huge windgust comes along and rips that b*tch off!!:lol:
Lambo doors would probably be less likely to be damaged by wind than conventional doors since any lateral wind would not creating stress in the direction of articulation and any wind form fore and aft would shear along the surface of the door.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Lambo doors would probably be less likely to be damaged by wind than conventional doors since any lateral wind would not creating stress in the direction of articulation and any wind form fore and aft would shear along the surface of the door.
Stop it...ur giving me a headache..:crazy:

·
Registered
192 Posts
FYI. I had seen a video on the Sol Forum of a guy that has them. I just tried to find it again and couldn't but I will keep looking. Anyway the doors still open just like normal, full side swing, and at any point you can just lift and they swing up.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Hmm the ones I saw most definately did not swing all the way open. I was under the impression only one vender actually made these: verticaldoors.com. Maybe not I guess.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
There is a guy on ebay running a scam on these doors. So if your buying from ebay please check on the person. Every time he gets caught he changes names.

Just giving everyone heads up.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Ya I heard about the ones on EBAY. Really cheap and attractive offer. Thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Here are my pics. I guess it did open a little more then 12 inches but not all the way. The video doesn't quite look like he opened it all the way either though. But strangly it does look more open then in my picture. Maybe its adjustible? Or maybe its the same and its just me. What I find kinda funny in the video is that he gets in without even bringing the doors up. I think that kinda defeats the purpose. Note the door the right is all the way open but the one of the left is not becuase my back was against the wall when I opened it up.

Attachments

·
Registered
96 Posts
Holler at me if you need some info. I got over 100 installs on my belt and will be doing a solstice soon for a install manual. You can use them as stock or swing them up.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Thanks for the videos... i actually find it a bit lame that the door can operate as if its a normal door. I was hoping the doors would go directlu up -- but i guess that wouldnt be possible anyway. oh well.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
the only vertical door system i would consider getting would be a power operated mechanism. To me, I don't see why I should pay $2000 to have to use more effort to open the door, just so it could look cool. :nono:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts