Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody looked into getting your Sky's doors to pop open like Lamborghini doors? I heard it would be around 2 Grand. Has anybody seen this out there yet?

·
Registered
410 Posts
I like the lambo doors but I thick they should be powered. 1 click for the driver, 2 clicks for driver and pass. Maybe a button inside to have them close automatically. I would go as high as 1800 for something like this:thumbs:

·
Registered
540 Posts
:D check out my sig.:D

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have lambos on my Tiburon which is my daily driver and I still enjoy them. Make sure you get a good set though, the cheapo sets tend to fall apart on you.

I think the SKY's look good with lambos for the simple reason of the very sporty look of the SKY.

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
Kappasphere

I have lambos on my Tiburon which is my daily driver and I still enjoy them. Make sure you get a good set though, the cheapo sets tend to fall apart on you.

I think the SKY's look good with lambos for the simple reason of the very sporty look of the SKY.

Also available from Kappasphere - http://kappasphere.com/handler.cfm?cat_id=20103&cat_id=21162&prod_id=3041&function=product - about $300 less than the other source mentioned.

check the description though - some kits require welding while others bolt on using the original mount points etc and can be removed and returned to stock easier than those which require welding and or modification to the car or the doors.

And yes a powered verision would be really cool - maybe with a neon light along the bottom of the door and a fog machine that kicked out a measured amount of fog that was then lit up by the neon - now you're talkin. Or maybe the fog and lights could be in the recessed area in thebody behind the front wheels

·
Registered
255 Posts
Eric.....I bought my hinges from Vertical Doors, Inc. They make the best vertical door hinges on the market. Mine are designed specifically for the Sky, no cutting, or welding (although, after the installation it is recommended that the final step should be to put two or three tack welds on the hinges for insurance). I am having them installed next week. I'll post pictures of the install and the finished product.

Larry

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
Yea, well if I get the door(s), is there an option for the Fluks Capacitor??:D :cool: I want the last version, you know, the one that I just put in garbage in (beer, beer cans, banana peals, etc)-, not the original plutonium version :lol: And does the Fluks Capacitor come with the all the clock(s) controller? Or is that optional also and an extra cost? You know todays date, the date I wanna go to and ahh, hmm can't remember what the 3rd date is or was for--:willy: :thumbs:

·
Registered
168 Posts
Big Kewl factor...:cool: . looking at Gravana....1499.99

1 - 14 of 14 Posts