Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone replies, I will be reading the answers, but this will be my last post.

After lots of soul searching and decision matrices, I am giving up my #3 spot and getting back my deposit tomorrow.

I just can't overcome the clamshell and top operation along with the almost unusable trunk. I am going the MX-5 route.

Just want to thank everyone for all of the information that I found on the forum. The Sky looks great and I am sure you will be very pleased when they finally arrive.

I will certainly watch for them on the streets of West Palm Beach.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Good luck and enjoy your MX-5! You're still getting your convertible with a bit more trunk space so it's all good! Take care!:thumbs:

·
Registered
450 Posts
well.....as a fellow neighbor...I will swing by and let ya test drive my SKY!

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Quitters never win...

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
CdnSkyGuy said:
Quitters never win...
That's why I still drink, smoke, and shoot heroin.

Seriously, Marc, I'm sorry to see you go- stop in and visit once in a while. Enjoy your new car!

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
You gotta go with what is right for you... :cheers:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Marc, i am sure the general felling it to see you not go.. but... the MX-5 is also an awesome car and you will have lots of fun in it i am sure.... Take pics and post if you can...... SkyBaby-07 :cool:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Sorry to loose you. #4 must be happy!

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Just buy the car you fell in love with... (that's what I always say).

Good luck. Just heard from a friend that has a new MX-5... something about a bent 3rd gear fork or something. Not implying anything, but good luck - you should be able to find a new MX-5 - hold out for BELOW MSRP, and don't let any dealers tell you they are scarce. Up in Michigan, there are several on lot and dealers seem to be willing to deal below MSRP.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
tata :cheers:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Sorry to hear it. I'll be more sorry if I hear you got pulled over in the HOV lane with a set of golf clubs straped in the front seat, wig on top, & no excuse. Good luck with that practical roadster thing.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have thought the smae thoughts for quite awhile now and feel closer and closer to deciding against it since yesterday my sister had her Solstice delivered in the exact same colour combination I had ordered (black & tan leather on black exterior). I guess I am more than dissapointed to know that even though it is a much nicer looking vehicle I had no idea she was buying the Solstice and kept it from everyone until of course yesterday & I feel betrayed.....needless to say I may buy my #2 pick (Crossfire).

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Chloe said:
I have thought the smae thoughts for quite awhile now and feel closer and closer to deciding against it since yesterday my sister had her Solstice delivered in the exact same colour combination I had ordered (black & tan leather on black exterior). I guess I am more than dissapointed to know that even though it is a much nicer looking vehicle I had no idea she was buying the Solstice and kept it from everyone until of course yesterday & I feel betrayed.....needless to say I may buy my #2 pick (Crossfire).
Don't you think the Sky looks different than the Solstice, it might even look better when you get it. After all it's newer :cool:

·
Registered
411 Posts
I love the car for the Sports car "Clamshell" hood and trunk. Also, the top operation is easy to use. You'd have to stop the car to put down an automatic roof anyway, so there's no real bother there. And as for the "almost unusable trunk" I can fit my bags for the weekend in there or grocery bags in there or the passenger seat. Really folks. "It's not what's inside that counts." L:willy:L, But it's the awesome styling that blows the Miata outta tha water.

Drum roll please-> The girls who sigh when you drive by in your Sky Roadster don't care what's in your trunk, they don't need to deal with all that baggage.:eek:..... That Baggage!! haha,.. wait,.. I Can't!! holding for applause... *silence, crickets chirping...*

They just want a sweet ride. And I say, the more who cancel their order just make room for us constant Sky Lovin', mouth wattering people who really "need" this car to complete them.:thumbs::thumbs:

to each his/her own

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
baggage...ha ha ha

that guy kills me. Say it in a Chris Rock style accent...then discuss what the syrup in the grocery baggage is for...ha ha ha

Havin' your salad tossed...you know the rest

·
Registered
411 Posts
CdnSkyGuy said:
baggage...ha ha ha

that guy kills me. Say it in a Chris Rock style accent...then discuss what the syrup in the grocery baggage is for...ha ha ha
:thumbs: There's more where that came from,... in my joke bin,...:thumbs:

·
Registered
17,751 Posts
It was not meant to be....but good luck with the MX5. That would have been my second choice...but we r not buying SKYS for trunk space. If u have second thoughts, perservere...we have. And remember this, no one will stop and talk about the miata....the SKY is a magnet. Nevertheless, good luck and pay us a visit. You r family

MarlboroMike

1 - 20 of 21 Posts