Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very disapointed that the dealership in Virginia now tells me that the car I was supposed to pick up in early december now HOPEFULLY will be delivered in January-February:nonod:

They tell me there was a constraint on manual transmissions. They were only making automatics for a while. So having a manual transmission has kept me back on the list. I know I've read that somewhere, but I thought that was way back then, and that they had speeded up thinks by then?????? :confused:
It irritates me that I had to contact them and get notified, instead of them contacting me with their update.

Now I don't know what to do? I need a car when I move over to the US...
Hopefully and probably is not good enough for me. Maybe I need to choose a brand that can keep their promises :nopity:

·
Registered
290 Posts
Yup. We're all waiting, partially because of the Getrag 5-spd. transmision issue, also the wheels are on backorder, the turbo intercooler has a water issue, and the ECU makes the car run too rich so production in Deleware was delayed until 10 Oct.

Orders for the car are rabid and people are paying over MSRP, though luckilly not to the extent of the Miata in the early 90s.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Very disapointed that the dealership in Virginia now tells me that the car I was supposed to pick up in early december now HOPEFULLY will be delivered in January-February:nonod:

They tell me there was a constraint on manual transmissions. They were only making automatics for a while. So having a manual transmission has kept me back on the list. I know I've read that somewhere, but I thought that was way back then, and that they had speeded up thinks by then?????? :confused:
It irritates me that I had to contact them and get notified, instead of them contacting me with their update.

Now I don't know what to do? I need a car when I move over to the US...
Hopefully and probably is not good enough for me. Maybe I need to choose a brand that can keep their promises :nopity:
Did they really "promise" that your car would be delivered by December? If so, that should have never happened. The dealerships have no control over production delays and certainly cannot know what unforeseen delays will occur.

My guess is that December was the best estimate they could give at the time you placed your order, and barring the inability of the transmission supplier to keep up with the demand they might have made it.

I know it is no fun to wait and it is even harder when you have your expectations set for a specific date and the date slips, but from what I have heard from others on this board, the wait will certainly be worth it.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Did they really "promise" that your car would be delivered by December? If so, that should have never happened. The dealerships have no control over production delays and certainly cannot know what unforeseen delays will occur.
Individual sales people constantly make promises to keep you hooked. Then if that promise falls through the manager says oh, so and so didn't or shouldn't have made that promise since we have no control over these things. :rolleyes: I'm not saying they all do it but it is a part of the game with many. This is part of why I deal only with the fleet manager most of the time when I buy a car.

·
Registered
653 Posts
If it really means that much to you to get the SKY, but you'll need wheels for the first couple months when you get back to the States, then buy something used/cheap. Just get something that you know will last you a few months. Pay, maybe, $1500-$2000 for it (would be about 4-5 months worth of payments on a SKY), and then either try to sell it, or just trade it in when you buy the SKY.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Individual sales people constantly make promises to keep you hooked. Then if that promise falls through the manager says oh, so and so didn't or shouldn't have made that promise since we have no control over these things. :rolleyes: I'm not saying they all do it but it is a part of the game with many. This is part of why I deal only with the fleet manager most of the time when I buy a car.
I agree with this 100%. We started by passing the dealer several weeks ago. Got tired of hearing the same answers all the time - " I don't know. I'll have to check and get back to you". We now deal directly with the Sales Manager and we're finally getting straight answers.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good news for me!

Dealer sent e-mail today saying that he had put in the order and now it would probably be delivered to me in Virginia i December:brentil:
They say it will take about 2 months from the order is in to delivery..hope he's right!:thumbs:

Santa will arrive early this year with my present! I hope:willy:

Chili Pepper Red
Premium tan top and interior
LSD
19' TSW Kyalami Chrome
Monsoon

·
Registered
653 Posts
Dealer sent e-mail today saying that he had put in the order and now it would probably be delivered to me in Virginia i December:brentil:
They say it will take about 2 months from the order is in to delivery..hope he's right!:thumbs:

Santa will arrive early this year with my present! I hope:willy:

Chili Pepper Red
Premium tan top and interior
LSD
19' TSW Kyalami Chrome
Monsoon
You may want to double-check with your Dealer. Just because he put the order in the system, doesn't mean it will get to you by December. Most of the insiders here on the forums, or those with typically good inside information (deluke, SKY Spy, etc.) are saying they believe that if your order has not been allocated yet, you will likely not get it before the New Year. Again, that's if you've ordered a Redline. You haven't specified that in your posts at all. If you ordered the base SKY, you might stand a good chance at getting by then. Good luck!

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
You may want to double-check with your Dealer. Just because he put the order in the system, doesn't mean it will get to you by December. Most of the insiders here on the forums, or those with typically good inside information (deluke, SKY Spy, etc.) are saying they believe that if your order has not been allocated yet, you will likely not get it before the New Year. Again, that's if you've ordered a Redline. You haven't specified that in your posts at all. If you ordered the base SKY, you might stand a good chance at getting by then. Good luck!
Your right. If he is just putting in a preliminary order for a Red Line he will no way have it by December in my opinion. But if his dealership got a base Sky allocation and he put in the order for a base he MIGHT have it by the end of December. They will be pushing out more Red Lines and less base Sky's for quite awhile to try to make up for the stop of production so even if you have a base Sky it could take more time then expected.

But the big question is, if it was preliminary order or a allocation order he put in. If it was a allocation order it would have to be a Base Sky he is getting. There has been 0 contraint for the Red Line for 4 weeks I believe and it will stay at 0 for awhile according to the bulletin they sent Dealerships.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Allocation order

Thanks for all the advices!
Helps a lot.. not easy when you're on the other side of the globe noy knowing what is going on:rolleyes:

Yepp it is a Base SKY. I would write if I could afford a redline :) But a redline would cost a fortune to import to Norway. For those which haven't seen my previous posts, a Redline, a Opel GT is going to cost about $83.200 :jester:
NO joke!

Anyway..to my point. Had a preliminary order in since august 7. Now the allocation order is in. Supposed to get my chili red in december in Virginia they tell me :thumbs:

Chili Pepper Red
Premium Tan top and interior
LSD
19' TSW Kyalami Chrome
Monsoon

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Thanks for all the advices!
Helps a lot.. not easy when you're on the other side of the globe noy knowing what is going on:rolleyes:

Yepp it is a Base SKY. I would write if I could afford a redline :) But a redline would cost a fortune to import to Norway. For those which haven't seen my previous posts, a Redline, a Opel GT is going to cost about $83.200 :jester:
NO joke!

Anyway..to my point. Had a preliminary order in since august 7. Now the allocation order is in. Supposed to get my chili red in december in Virginia they tell me :thumbs:

Chili Pepper Red
Premium Tan top and interior
LSD
19' TSW Kyalami Chrome
Monsoon
Yes, December sounds about right if it's a Base Sky. It could even be earlier depending how the Red Line affects the base Production. They say they will be pusing out more Red Lines and less base Sky's to try to make up the down time. But we'll have to see what happens.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts