Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figure I'd debunk this before the rumor boat got started. Autoweek has recently reported that the 2.0 Supercharged version of the Ecotech is going into the Sol GT. Unfortunatly there are no pictures to agree with their assesment. Best bet is still on the 2.4 Turbo followed by a 2.0 Turbo as the next best bet.

·
Registered
481 Posts
DuSpinnst said:
I figure I'd debunk this before the rumor boat got started. Autoweek has recently reported that the 2.0 Supercharged version of the Ecotech is going into the Sol GT. Unfortunatly there are no pictures to agree with their assesment. Best bet is still on the 2.4 Turbo followed by a 2.0 Turbo as the next best bet.
Here's the article.

·
Registered
110 Posts
"Best bet is still on the 2.4 Turbo followed by a 2.0 Turbo as the next best bet."
Why shouldn't I believe Autoweek? Although I would think GM would prefer using the same engine for both forced and non-forced induction.
Perhaps it's a fuel economy thing.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
kingarthur said:
"Best bet is still on the 2.4 Turbo followed by a 2.0 Turbo as the next best bet."
Why shouldn't I believe Autoweek? Although I would think GM would prefer using the same engine for both forced and non-forced induction.
Perhaps it's a fuel economy thing.
Here's why. What's the point in offering an engine with only 30 more HP as a Redline? Second issue is why make a Turbo mule car based on the 2.4 only to reengineer a 2.0 Super. That and Autoweek has flipflopped on this issue at least 3 times. They don't have their **** together.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Now I don't know what to think... as it changed or what? Supercharged? Turbo.... I tough they were getting the 2.0L turbo witch looks kinda like the actuall 2.0L of the Saab

·
Registered
110 Posts
"Here's why. What's the point in offering an engine with only 30 more HP as a Redline? Second issue is why make a Turbo mule car based on the 2.4 only to reengineer a 2.0 Super. That and Autoweek has flipflopped on this issue at least 3 times. They don't have their **** together."
Good answer. I didn't realize they had made so many contradictory
forecasts. You've got a good point about the idea of a Redline 30 HP
increase. Doesn't seem worth the effort.

·
Registered
4 Posts
GM already has a 2.0L Supercharged

I could see them releasing a 2.0L supercharged, you can buy it today here: 2.0 EcoTech @ GM Performance Parts Its a production engine, 'boxed' (crated) and ready to go.
I wouldnt mind better fuel economy, I dont drive with my foot on the floor, so when I need some power, I think this would be a good deal (plus since its a supercharger, you should get better low end because you'll have lag with a turbo)

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
I just read on the Miata forum that GM has dropped the 2.0 Turbo ecotech for a 2.4 Turbo Diesel :willy: .......J/K

·
Registered
12 Posts
classic66vair said:
I just read on the Miata forum that GM has dropped the 2.0 Turbo ecotech for a 2.4 Turbo Diesel :willy: .......J/K
oh, that would be funnier than hell! immagine the diesel sound of an international school bus coming out of a little car!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts