Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just off the phone with my dealer ... after he spoke with his contact @ Saturn ... "when the next batch of images come out ... probably first week in March" ... the dealers will be "allowed to order automatics". My dealer is expecting the manual transmissions Skys to be delivered to the dealership "around mid March" ... with the first auto trans Skys to be delivered to the dealers about 1 month later ... "mid April" :)

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,569 Posts
bubbacc said:
"when the next batch of images come out ... probably first week in March" ... the dealers will be "allowed to order automatics". My dealer is expecting the manual transmissions Skys to be delivered to the dealership "around mid March" ... with the first auto trans Skys to be delivered to the dealers about 1 month later ... "mid April" :)
So they won't release the next set of images until March... around the same time, the ones ordered the 1st week in January will be delivered... basically, they will deliver the "display" units at the time they will actually start taking other orders. Then the ones delivered in mid-April will be all 2nd image orders, both manual and automatics... like was said before, automatics will be available from the get go.

Is that how it should be read??? If so, cool... at least we have a closer time to look forward to. I hope they focus on SKY production when they do start production... I am thinking they will since they already built so many Solstice versions.

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
We were able to order an Automatic on our first available image. Seems like GM allowed certain percentage of the 1st images to be ordered with the Auto tranny option and as soon as those where filled the auto tranny option would come out as "option not available" as other dealers tried to get their image spec'd out like that.

Regards,

:willy: S.D. :willy:

·
Registered
128 Posts
I was told by my dealer that my sky would be about 3 to 4 weeks late because I ordered the auto trans, I've waited this long, no big deal.
jacwag

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
jacwag said:
I was told by my dealer that my sky would be about 3 to 4 weeks late because I ordered the auto trans, I've waited this long, no big deal.
jacwag
That is the right attitude!

Of course until they START production: 3-4 weeks from when??:D

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
I'm sure it will be worth the wait.:thumbs:

·
Registered
275 Posts
jacwag said:
jacwag
I need to share your same attitude! Patience, patience..... by the way I have loads of fam in Canton and Youngstown! I just love the great state of Ohio!:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts