Saturn Sky Forum banner
101 - 120 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 ·
Yes, I removed the diffusers. I missed the part where you replaced the bulbs. Dont see where you go over replacing the bulbs. Mind pointing me in the right direction? Tnx
I replaced my bulbs with LED primarily because they were burnt out. Unfortunately a lot of patience is required for such a project. Taking the 3-pod assembly apart was tricky involving many snap features to overcome. Then there was the tedious process of soldering the LEDs in proper polarity. As I recall, the bulbs were in tiny sockets, but I can't remember whether I soldered them to the sockets or to the main circuit board, utilizing the sockets exclusively as holders. There is one LED per pod as you likely figured out by now.

My LEDs were too bright so I dabbed the tops with a black permanent marker that can be done fully assembled and installed minus the 3 dial faces.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 · (Edited)
I just went down and counted 6 extra LEDs. I also reviewed my Sky and counted 14 installed as confirmation. So a purchase of 20 is more than enough for what I did with 6 extra.

I do wonder how well it would have worked out to install the individual LEDs in my main IP instead of the LED mini circuit boards from BlackCatCustom. I would have tried it but the idea for a full LED conversion came after I was done with the IP. Something inside me says it might have turned out better yet, and also save myself the $36 to purchase BCCs LED conversion kit.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #110 ·
rjgramps, on eBay there is a seller named wolverine-diesel that has excellent car dash plaques. They have a real nice Saturn “Restored By” then add your name, that after all your hard work you could proudly display on Money Pit. I just ordered one myself…..
I just went on eBay and looked at them. It would appear to be an appropriate purchase.

I did not see a "Sky" or Saturn" version. What did you order, a non-specific one?

·
Registered
867 Posts
They have a specific Saturn one, with the corporate logo. It’s kind of a pain, but you order any one… don’t worry that it doesn’t say Saturn, then after the order has been made, send a message letting them know which color, car make and name. Don’t forget to let them know you want the Restored by version.
I ordered mine Sunday and it got here yesterday.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #112 ·
They have a specific Saturn one, with the corporate logo. It’s kind of a pain, but you order any one… don’t worry that it doesn’t say Saturn, then after the order has been made, send a message letting them know which color, car make and name. Don’t forget to let them know you want the Restored by version.
I ordered mine Sunday and it got here yesterday.
Could you share a picture of it?
I am thinking of a chrome and black gloss finish to match my interior.
Where did you stick yours?

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #115 · (Edited)

·
Registered
867 Posts
Could you post a picture? I would really like to see how it looks, but also how it fit into the place you have chosen.
I have the car at our Wisconsin home and won’t be up there for a couple of weeks. I’ll be happy to take a picture when we’re back up there. Busy next couple of weeks, my wife is retiring and busy with retirement parties.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #119 ·
Are you covering the passenger airbag indicator?
Its a big 4" x 1" plaque. There are few places to mount it. Maybe he did cover airbag indicator.

I wonder if a good place would be in the area just above the turn signal stalk or windshield wiper stalk in this picture.

·
Registered
867 Posts
If you look at the radio, the piano 🎹 black portion that is just below the band and seek buttons and just above the airbag light, it appears that it should fit there.
The plaque came this week, so I didn’t mount it as car is in Wisconsin and I’ll be happy to send a picture once it’s mounted. I truly have no inclination of obstructing the airbag warning ⚠ indicator. However, if that is an issue, I have no problem covering the auxiliary input jack as I don’t use it. As they say…. The best laid plans of mice 🐁 and men….

101 - 120 of 132 Posts