Saturn Sky Forum banner
121 - 132 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #122 · (Edited)
Hi, how can I reach you? I am quite new on this forum and I don't understand how I can PM you...what's your name on Facebook? I need some helps about this, please.
I have a facebook account but despise facebook. To reach me direct, email me at xxxxx and make sure the email title makes sense to me or I might delete it thinking it is a scammer doing some phishing.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #123 · (Edited)
Well, finally after two years, I got around to swapping the steering wheel controls to Chevy Cobalt versions. They now match my radio button illumination, also from a Chevy Cobalt. So I finally got rid of the last of the original orange illumination, now daylight LED everywhere except for the radio and steering wheel controls. At least they are a much better match and a lot brighter than the original orange.

Here are my steering wheel controls now. You can see there is a mild lime colored tint to them, the best I could find. At least it matches the radio lighting so neither are loners.
Automotive lighting Personal luxury car Tints and shades Automotive design Electric blue

Automotive lighting Automotive design Sky Personal luxury car Font

Also, now my buttons are raised, no longer flush, shown side by side here for comparison.
Vehicle Automotive design Motor vehicle Camera accessory Flash photography

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Oh come on... you don't want to stop there. Now you have a spare set of PCBs, get that soldering iron out and replace those colored LEDs with white ones! 👿

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #127 · (Edited)
Oh come on... you don't want to stop there. Now you have a spare set of PCBs, get that soldering iron out and replace those colored LEDs with white ones! 👿
Ha, ha, that is not going to happen. It's close enough and surely good enough for the two of us.

My wife is not a fussy person with our vehicles so when she complains about something "auto related", I listen close and try to accommodate. With our Sky, because she finds it "so cute", she's had more to comment on, interior lighting being her primary issue. Like myself, she could not see things at night lit up that glowing orange. So with the interior lit up brightly now in this mild two-tone "tasteful" theme, she is very satisfied.

It was funny that I blew off the steering wheel controls, leaving them orange. My wife pressed me to take action on them. My solution going with Chevy Cobalt buttons was simple, affordable, and satisfactory. I should have done it two years ago.

·
Registered
67 Posts
When you change the door lock switches to LED, are you able to just remove the back electrical part of the switch with a small screwdriver? Or do
You have to cut/melt the 3 retainers that are melted to the door? (Haven’t seen any good photos or info on that).

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #130 ·
When you change the door lock switches to LED, are you able to just remove the back electrical part of the switch with a small screwdriver? Or do
You have to cut/melt the 3 retainers that are melted to the door? (Haven’t seen any good photos or info on that).
I removed the switches from the door panels from the inside via snap features, then disassembled the switches undestructively to access the incandescent bulb. Like the incandescent bulb, the LED needs to be soldered.

·
Registered
67 Posts
That’s good that a person doesn’t have to unmelt the retainer. Just unsnap the plastic electrical body tabs from it. Deciding if I want to go through all this myself, as I’m looking at buying a Cobalt steering wheel with white controls to swap in to an aftermarket Revosol steering wheel. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #132 · (Edited)
It took a lot of determination to change every incandescent bulb to LED. It involved a lot of detailed effort. The most challenging was the power mirror switch.

The radio was a beast of a project in all itself, but that changed LED-orange to LED-lime.....the same lime color as found in the Cobalt steering wheel. Basically I bought a Cobalt radio and swapped the lens and the circuit board in the face. If you don't mind the silver color, just swap the entire face assembly which was simple.
Plant Gear shift Vehicle Speedometer Radio

But I had to make it complicated to get here.
Vehicle Car Speedometer Motor vehicle Steering part

121 - 132 of 132 Posts