Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got around to putting the LED daytime running lights into my headlight assembly, and I gotta say it came out better than I was expecting. While driving the led’s are white and when I turn the blinker on they blink yellow starting at one end of the strip and ending at the other.

If you want to do this yourself it only costs 20 bucks and a few hours of your time. All you have to do is bake the headlight assembly (theirs some good tutorials on YouTube). Once that’s opened up stick the Led strip inside the plastic cover with the wire side on the side closest to the front grille (this way when the blinker is on the yellow light moves from the grille side to the outer fender side of the assembly). Once those are in pop them back in the oven with the assembly back together to reseal the glue. Once they’re back on the car I disconnected my lower fog light/blinkers and just wired the led module for each side into that plug. This way I can turn them on and off with the fog light switch. I never use my fog lights so it was a win-win for me, plus the lower blinkers are not needed anymore since the LED strips are now my blinkers.

this is the link for the lights I used

·
Premium Member
439 Posts
I was literally looking at strip LED lights 3 days ago, and had them in my cart... GET OUT OF MY MIND.

These are SICK. I want to do brake light ones too.

·
Registered
983 Posts
I was thinking of those strips before, they're sold under many brand names, but after reading many reviews the reliability of them seems somewhat low.

·
Premium Member
439 Posts
Finally got around to putting the LED daytime running lights into my headlight assembly, and I gotta say it came out better than I was expecting. While driving the led’s are white and when I turn the blinker on they blink yellow starting at one end of the strip and ending at the other.

If you want to do this yourself it only costs 20 bucks and a few hours of your time. All you have to do is bake the headlight assembly (theirs some good tutorials on YouTube). Once that’s opened up stick the Led strip inside the plastic cover with the wire side on the side closest to the front grille (this way when the blinker is on the yellow light moves from the grille side to the outer fender side of the assembly). Once those are in pop them back in the oven with the assembly back together to reseal the glue. Once they’re back on the car I disconnected my lower fog light/blinkers and just wired the led module for each side into that plug. This way I can turn them on and off with the fog light switch. I never use my fog lights so it was a win-win for me, plus the lower blinkers are not needed anymore since the LED strips are now my blinkers.

View attachment 113891 View attachment 113892 View attachment 113893
Do you have any installation pics?
I'm trying to plan where I might put the cord, etc..

·
Premium Member
439 Posts

View attachment 113891 View attachment 113892 View attachment 113893
I'm hoping to do this this weekend. I would love to see a picture of behind the headlight. I want to see where I should snake the wires.

Any more info you can give would be helpful.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts