Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just replaced my tail lights with LEDs and I added in the load equalizers to help with the hyper flash.
When reinstalling the lights, the housing is not sitting in nicely cause the equalizers (two on each side) are blocking them. Where is the best place to screw these into or have them placed so the tail lights set back in more flush.

·
Super Moderator
5,738 Posts
I just replaced my tail lights with LEDs and I added in the load equalizers to help with the hyper flash.
When reinstalling the lights, the housing is not sitting in nicely cause the equalizers (two on each side) are blocking them. Where is the best place to screw these into or have them placed so the tail lights set back in more flush.
I can't tell you where, specifically, but make sure they are away from any plastic since they can get hot enough to melt whatever they touch.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I just used two sided tape and mounted mine on the metal panel at the rear of the trunk. Easy enough to do.

·
Registered
124 Posts
No. Just run some extra wire and mount them on the metal panel in the middle of the trunk between the trunk lid supports.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was able to get them behind the and attached to the body with some sheer metal screws.
I took 3-4 30min drives around LA today and pulled off the lights to check for any wear and everything was good. Should be fine but I plan to take another look after another day or two driving.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I was able to get them behind the and attached to the body with some sheer metal screws.
I took 3-4 30min drives around LA today and pulled off the lights to check for any wear and everything was good. Should be fine but I plan to take another look after another day or two driving.
Be careful mounting these behind the tail lights where they can contact plastic. I did this same thing and all seemed fine at first. After a couple months i had a taillight go out so i opened it up to change it/see what was wrong with the new bulbs...The resistor had melted the wire in half as well as a large section of the rear of the taillight mounting fixture.
I wrapped my resistors in heat resistant tape and put it all back the way it was, no problems sense, but be aware that those little things get HOT!

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Wraping them in "heat resistant" tape may make them have a short life. They need to get rid of that heat. fastening them to a metal heat sink is much better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts