Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so i installed LED bulbs in my tail lights and got the 'hyper flashing' issue. In an attempt to resolve the issue I picked up a pair of 6 ohm resistors and wired them into the brown and black wires on each side but that didn't fix the problem. What am i doing wrong?

·
Super Moderator
5,553 Posts
Brown is the parking lamp. You want the yellow for the left, and dark green for the right.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
(y) thanks John! Just to clarify.... wire the resistor to yellow & black on the left side and green & black on the right side?

·
Super Moderator
5,553 Posts
Any tutorial with pics on this anywhere?
You may find something here or on the Solstice forum with a search of"hyperflash" or "resistor". The people that sell LEDs usually have instructions.

One important thing is to keep the resistors away from plastic. They get hotter than you may think, and will melt things. They also have to be in an area with air circulation.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I must still be doing something wrong as i still have the 'hyper flash' on my turn signals. The 4 ways flash at the normal rate. I ran wire extensions and have the resistors themselves attached to a metal area in the centre of the trunk. Other than the two wire connections, i dont have to 'ground' the resistors seperately do i ?

EDIT: Ok, i resolved the problem by wiring 2 - 6 ohm resistors in parallel on each side and now everything works properly.

·
Super Moderator
5,553 Posts
I must still be doing something wrong as i still have the 'hyper flash' on my turn signals. The 4 ways flash at the normal rate. I ran wire extensions and have the resistors themselves attached to a metal area in the centre of the trunk. Other than the two wire connections, i dont have to 'ground' the resistors seperately do i ?

EDIT: Ok, i resolved the problem by wiring 2 - 6 ohm resistors in parallel on each side and now everything works properly.
Glad you got it sorted out.

One resistor would work if there was only one tail light bulb on each side, but the total of three (one front and two rear) apparently needs the extra resistor.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I probably should thank my wife. She understands electric circuits and electronics better than i do .... she's the one who figured it out. :cry:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts