Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
So I went to my dealership today to ask some more questions. They said there are 12 cars coming in so far, the last 2 in July (they said they are the number 3 dealer in CA. - ) I left $500 and ordered:

Silver Graphite
Black Leather
5 Speed
LSD
Spoiler.
Chrome Wheels

They are acually placing the order in the next couple of weeks. They said they are adding $1500 of dealer installed accesories including a $900 lo-jack system, and a paint & fabric protectant.

I did not prequalify, although they asked me to. They said "don't worry about it, we know your dad", I was shocked. I was expecting an debate about the prequal and ending up NOT leaving my deposit.

They said the firsr 8 or 12 cars have been custom ordered/pre sold, and mine will make 9. My car will be here in July, hopefully late July or early August!

Now, it's just waiting and then getting my loan. I'm giving it a 50/50 chance I actually get the loan WITH my dad cosigning AND 5-10 grand down. I have just had bad luck trying to get in a new car for the past 2 years.

I will keep you posted.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
202 Posts
$1500 worth of mandatory aftermarket equipment sounds like gouging to me. Probably why they still have open images. I sell at MSRP the car. If you want extra peace of mind add-ons I'm happy to sell you that as well, but it won't be my choice, it would be yours.
 

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
Joined
·
5,953 Posts
skyguy85 said:
So I went to my dealership today to ask some more questions. They said there are 12 cars coming in so far, the last 2 in July (they said they are the number 3 dealer in CA. - www.saturnav.com) I left $500 and ordered:

Silver Graphite
Black Leather
5 Speed
LSD
Spoiler.
Chrome Wheels

They are acually placing the order in the next couple of weeks. They said they are adding $1500 of dealer installed accesories including a $900 lo-jack system, and a paint & fabric protectant.

I did not prequalify, although they asked me to. They said "don't worry about it, we know your dad", I was shocked. I was expecting an debate about the prequal and ending up NOT leaving my deposit.

They said the firsr 8 or 12 cars have been custom ordered/pre sold, and mine will make 9. My car will be here in July, hopefully late July or early August!

Now, it's just waiting and then getting my loan. I'm giving it a 50/50 chance I actually get the loan WITH my dad cosigning AND 5-10 grand down. I have just had bad luck trying to get in a new car for the past 2 years.

I will keep you posted.
Now all that moaning and groaning and boom your there. Feels good don't it. Skip.. Prayin that ya get what ya want....:thumbs: :thumbs:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm just hoping we can get the loan and im hoping the car doesn't amazingly come in June, because I will only have like 3K to put down at that time.... If all else fails, I will walk into that place in November with 30 grand cash and get my damn car! (I know I should wait and just pay cash, but I want my Sky in the summer!)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
72 Posts
GMinTheDriveway said:
$1500 worth of mandatory aftermarket equipment sounds like gouging to me. Probably why they still have open images. I sell at MSRP the car. If you want extra peace of mind add-ons I'm happy to sell you that as well, but it won't be my choice, it would be yours.
God bless you....I wish you continued success with your business. :thumbs:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do they actually cash the check, or do they just hold it? My dad said most dealers will only hold the check.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
163 Posts
skyguy85 said:
Do they actually cash the check, or do they just hold it? My dad said most dealers will only hold the check.
Our dealership cashed our $1000 deposit. They told us it was nonrefundable anyways...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
136 Posts
Jen said:
Our dealership cashed our $1000 deposit. They told us it was nonrefundable anyways...

I think it's a state by state thing, at least that's what I've heard. Some states offer a refundable deposit, other states a deposit is concrete. PA is one of the refundable ones.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They told me is was refundable, so does that mean they will not cash it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
262 Posts
They will most likely cash the check. You will be out the money until they issue a check back.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,417 Posts
You have ordered my twin!

From the days of the Hyndai rants to dull circle of ordering -- congrats man.

No worries about the add on accessories -- but LO-JACK!? I mean, isn't that one of the primary features of On-Star? Tracking and reporting stolen cars?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
1994SC2 said:
You have ordered my twin!

From the days of the Hyndai rants to dull circle of ordering -- congrats man.

No worries about the add on accessories -- but LO-JACK!? I mean, isn't that one of the primary features of On-Star? Tracking and reporting stolen cars?
If they cut the battery on an OnStar car you are outta luck - Lojack has it's own battery system.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,417 Posts
Den1226 said:
If they cut the battery on an OnStar car you are outta luck - Lojack has it's own battery system.
Id hope if the criminal is that savy they would steal a more expensive car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeh my sales rep told me 'the lojack feature will be hidden. You, I or anyone here will not know where it is located in the car'. They said if the car's stolen I can access my Sky from the internet and shut off and lock the engine.

On Star is just a stupid perk. All of our GM's have On Star, and we really never use it. I call the lady once in a while just because I imagine her job is so boaring....and I ask tons of stupid questions. When you work in any form of customer serivce, you will understand what I mean.

I am ok with my dealer adding stuff on. The dealer in Valencia said they are adding over 3 to the sticker and just adding the same stuff. They also said they have 70+ people on their waiting list between their store and Saturn of the Valley. I am so lucky to be number 9 AND have my car customer ordered AND be able to get it this summer.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top