Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As i am waiting for my car , i am wondering how comfortable it will be and how much leg room i will have, i am getting a Manual trans. Anyway i am 6'1" with a 34 inch inseem .....anybody similar size ? How do you fit and how comfortable are you after an hours drive ? I should add i am going from a C5 Corvette to the Sky.

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
Well, I'm 6'1", and I'd say bout 245--My Sky is an auto, and sure am glad thats what I got. Even tho I can drive anything with a stick, my problem with this car is not the leg room if you will, it would be the shifting all the time. Altho I have not driven a sticked Sky, I know my (left) knee would hit under the console with the constant in/out on the clutch.:eek: With the auto, I put her in D, and just stomp the sucker--She rocks alrite--:cool: So yea, my legroom is plenty there--:D

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
As i am waiting for my car , i am wondering how comfortable it will be and how much leg room i will have, i am getting a Manual trans. Anyway i am 6'1" with a 34 inch inseem .....anybody similar size ? How do you fit and how comfortable are you after an hours drive ?
I'm six-foot-one with a 34 inch inseam. I fit fine. You'll have to fold yourself over getting in and out with the top up (which is just another reason to have the top down all the time!) Legroom is fine after an hour. After six it gets annoying to not be able to straighten your legs, even with your feet off the pedals and on the floor.

I fit just fine in my car with the seat all the way back. Very, very comfortable.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Well, I'm 6'1", and I'd say bout 245--My Sky is an auto, and sure am glad thats what I got. Even tho I can drive anything with a stick, my problem with this car is not the leg room if you will, it would be the shifting all the time. Altho I have not driven a sticked Sky, I know my (left) knee would hit under the console with the constant in/out on the clutch.:eek: With the auto, I put her in D, and just stomp the sucker--She rocks alrite--:cool: So yea, my legroom is plenty there--:D
I have the manual; no problem with my clutch knee on the dash at all. It fits just fine, even with the clutch up and my foot resting on the pedal. I do splay my knee to the outside, versus keeping it perfectly vertical, though...

·
Registered
197 Posts
I'm 6'2''.
No problem with legroom.
I was driving a '93 Toyota MR2 before so you adapt.:)

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
I have the manual; no problem with my clutch knee on the dash at all. It fits just fine, even with the clutch up and my foot resting on the pedal. I do splay my knee to the outside, versus keeping it perfectly vertical, though...
That was my concern, hehe, I'm a stick driver but my knee prolly be straightup (I would hit, I'm sure). Sides, I bought this baby for my wife, and she didn't want shXt to do with a stick--I even offered personnal training :cuss:--NOWAY--So auto it is, I'm happy, I've been shifting gears for waaayyy to many years anyways--The auto is very good, and very nice--no complaints, and definitely not disappointed--:D

BTW, how tall are ya??

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm 6-1 and 34W also. Don't regret a minute behind the wheel of my new Sky. It was a concern when I was expected to order one without driving one, but the dealer got one in, I test drove it; and took her home that night. Best of luck with your new ride.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
I'm 6'2" and a little over 200# with a 34" inseam. I fit fine.

·
Registered
444 Posts
As i am waiting for my car , i am wondering how comfortable it will be and how much leg room i will have, i am getting a Manual trans. Anyway i am 6'1" with a 34 inch inseem .....anybody similar size ? How do you fit and how comfortable are you after an hours drive ? I should add i am going from a C5 Corvette to the Sky.
6'1" and 34 inseam & fit just fine....

I had driven the car the first day 500 miles and no problem at all with only one stop.

The car is a dream and you virtually "wear" the car.

Awesome!

·
Registered
151 Posts
I traded my C5 in on my Sky. I loved my Vette and was in tears when they drove it away, but I really, really love my Sky too! The only thing I miss so far are the horses under the hood. The upside is that I haven't been pulled over for speeding! It is definitely a more snug feeling in the Sky, but not in a bad way. I've had mine for 2 months now and took it on my first road trip a few weeks ago...about 6 1/2 hours. It was a very comfortable ride. I'm not as tall as you (5'5"...no, I'm not vertically challenged, I'm a girl.), so I can't vouch for room, but I can vouch for the more comfortable ride. Just curious...is your Vette a convertible?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My Corvette was a convertible, once you have one its hard to go without it. I tried to get a test drive but every Sky is pre sold.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,875 Posts
You guys all stink...
I am 6ft... 205... but a 38-40 inch waist.

Time to start doing some sit-ups

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
I'm 6'0'' and I had no problems with knee contact when driving the manual. Then again, i've had practice to adjust (currently drive Tiburon 5sp, previous car was Celica 5spd, both not very friendly to the tall) Ypu'll fit nice and snuggly in there, don't worry :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Same height and inseam...additionally I also have a corvette, the sky is much more confortable.
More Comfortable than a C5 Corvette ? The Corvette seems bigger inside when i compared it to the Sky ... Please explain

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
More Comfortable than a C5 Corvette ? The Corvette seems bigger inside when i compared it to the Sky ... Please explain
Bigger doesn't necessarily mean more comfy. Seat design and material has a big impact. Although I did wish the Sky had more lumbar support

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm, 6', 170# with a 34" inseam and fit fine. Comfortable ride with great seats. As was already mentioned, getting in and out takes some learning, but if you're used to a 'Vette, you've got the drill down pat. You'll love it!:thumbs:

·
Registered
4 Posts
So here is a 1 yr+ thread revival. Is it even going to be possible to sit in one of these for a test drive? I'm 6'4" ~35" inseem.

Please please say yes :)

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
I would yes, as it is now, I move my seat up 2 notches to reach the pedals correctly. You might have to move the seat all the way back. You'll haveta plant your buns in one to be sure.. Getting in and out with the top up "might" be an issue @6'4", I still wack my head occasionally, but have learned to throw or slide my but more into the car, bend over at the waste, before pulling my head in. Once inside plenty of room, you will have to see if your head hits the roof once inside.. Then adjusting the fwd/bck position with the combination of the back of the seat tilt back might be able to do it. Hope that helps ya..

1 - 20 of 29 Posts