Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how car manufacturer's measure front legroom in a car? According to the Saturn website and Sky brochure...the legroom in the Sky is 42.7 inches. Is that measured from the back edge of the seat or is that measured from the front edge of the seat? My husband is 6'3" and is concerned that he will not comfortably fit in the Sky. Any tall guys out there that have actually sat in one?

·
Registered
102 Posts
My husband is 6' 4" and sat in a Solstice........knees were in dash and getting out was a site. However, he fit better behind the wheel. Funny how that happened when this was to be MY car. LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: Guess we know which seat he'll be in. Sheryl

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I got to sit in a Solsitce - top up/down. I had no problem with either leg room or head room (top up). I'm 6'2'' and close to 250.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I'm 6'2". There is more legroom in the driver's seat than the passenger's seat. I was ok in the passenger's seat, but it would get uncomfortable if I were to sit there for an 8 hour road trip.

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
I have driven the Solstice and the leg room was actually a bit more than in my '71 Corvette, and since the Sky comes with the tilt steering, that will also make it a bit easier to get in and out of. He may be concerned with his head hitting the top when it is up. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone! He sat in the Solstice at the autoshow and said he fit fine in the driver's seat...even with the top up...which kinda surprised me. He also sat in a Mazda MX-5 and said he fit fine....so I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Worst case scenario is that he will have to drive when both of us plan on being in the car at the same time since the passenger side would be too uncomfortable for him. We don't plan on taking the car on long road trips so that doesn't matter...we have a Nissan Murano that we use for that purpose. :thumbs:

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
I am 6' 2" and sat in the Sol just fine, only thing I had to do was duck a little bit when I got in with the top up, but once in position I had maybe 4-6 inches clearance to roof. Estimating though, no tape measure available at the time.:lol:

·
Registered
137 Posts
My fiance' is 6'3" and he didn't fit too well in the passenger side - too bad that's where he will be sitting most of the time!!! :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
Solstice

I sat in a Solstice at the Cleveland Auto show - both top up and down - felt good - did not notice any bumping etc - I am 6' about 192 (trying to shed a few more pounds this year).

I also sat in a Miata - seemed a bit tight across the elbow/shoulder area.

Small difference in interior design can make a huge difference - when I was shopping for a new car in 1996 I compared the Honda Civic and Saturn SC2 and on paper they are almost identical - but a number small differences made the Civic seem much larger inside.

I had to move my brother's Grand Am (or Grand Prix, can't recall which) a couple of times and that interior is crazy - all swoopy with parts sticking out everywhere - I could not get into or out of that thing without bumping various parts - and the turning radius seemed much larger than my Civics.

I am guessing that leg room must be measured from the lumbar area of the seat back - I have about a 32" inseam - so 42" or so from bottom of pedal travel to my back pockets seems about right.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Im so glad im 5' 10"
:cheers:

My buddy "Tower" a bouncer at Maco's who's 6' 8" - 7' 0" tall might have a problem getting into the Sky or any other compact vehicle for that matter.

It just sucks, but just like how they have Big & Tall stores for clothes for the "Short Impaired", they have trucks and busses for tall fella's and ladies.

:thumbs: :thumbs:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts