Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe SkyMan 07 and a couple of others were in a similar situation as myself, where their Skys arrived before they could be legally sold. My question is: What specific type of paperwork had not arrived yet?

My Sky arrived on Tuesday (3/21) and the Manufacturer's Statement of Origin (MSO) is still MIA. Does anyone have any idea how long it should take for this to arrive?

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
You would think with the internet that they would just email the stuff.

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Can't e-mail of fax this thing... :nono: It is a legal document that shows your local DMV that this vehicle is legitimate and it was manufactured under all the rules and regulations, etc. :rolleyes:

It is supposed to be MAILED to the dealership directly from the manufacturer. It may have been lost in the mail and the dealer must request a duplicate MSO. :banghead: The manufacturer must make sure the original MSO is really lost and not stolen... :eek:

Should NOT be much longer...:thumbs:

Regards,

:willy: S.D. :willy:

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
rick112 said:
You would think with the internet that they would just email the stuff.
That's exactly what I was thinking. My dealer can't even tell me the mode of transport (my money's on carrier pigeon).

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
Lost in the Mail....will show up 26 years latter...just in time to sell it at a big mark up, one of a kind NO MILEAGE SKY NEVER REG $55,000.:D :D :D :D SEAL9

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
seal9 said:
Lost in the Mail....will show up 26 years latter...just in time to sell it at a big mark up, one of a kind NO MILEAGE SKY NEVER REG $55,000.:D :D :D :D SEAL9
:lol: Yeah, it's probably stuck between a counter and the wall at some podunk post office.

·
Registered
274 Posts
i'm even in a worst scenario.....

my car hasn't even arrive and the dealer already told me that it will take a few days until I can take the car out of the dealer because of the MSO.

Does he knows that it won't arrive before the car??

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ernest said:
All my paperwork is here, no SKY yet though. That is the only hold up!! Invoice arrived same day it was shipped.
Sounds like somewhere out there the right hand doesn't know what the left foot is doing :crazy: .

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
skl8260 said:
I believe SkyMan 07 and a couple of others were in a similar situation as myself, where their Skys arrived before they could be legally sold. My question is: What specific type of paperwork had not arrived yet?

My Sky arrived on Tuesday (3/21) and the Manufacturer's Statement of Origin (MSO) is still MIA. Does anyone have any idea how long it should take for this to arrive?
ok here is what you need to do, have your general manager contact his factory rep, ask him if they can locate your paperwork and if it is not in transit yet have it sent overnight express mail/ fedex etc to the dealership. believe me it can be done... :)

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Ernest said:
All my paperwork is here, no SKY yet though. That is the only hold up!! Invoice arrived same day it was shipped.
I think the homeland security people have your car Earnest and are checking it out for any hidden messages....
Really Seeing it is being shipped my rail it could take as long as 3 weeks for shipment, depending on how many times it may have to be switched from one train to another....it is probably sitting in a railyard waiting for the train to dallas...

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
SkyMan 07 said:
I think the homeland security people have your car Earnest and are checking it out for any hidden messages....
Really Seeing it is being shipped my rail it could take as long as 3 weeks for shipment, depending on how many times it may have to be switched from one train to another....it is probably sitting in a railyard waiting for the train to dallas...
Some hobo is driving Ernest's Sky. Skip....:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
azote said:
not funny..... there is a good posibility that mine is with yours man :S
The hobo's good buddy is driving your Sky.. hehehehe....... Skip....:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
SkyMan 07 said:
ok here is what you need to do, have your general manager contact his factory rep, ask him if they can locate your paperwork and if it is not in transit yet have it sent overnight express mail/ fedex etc to the dealership. believe me it can be done... :)
Thanks for the advice SkyMan - much appreciated! :thumbs:

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, my Sky has been at the dealership for 14 DAYS now!!!! Where the heck is the MSO??? That's just my luck, everyone else seems to be driving their cars home the day they come in.

Thank goodness I can look at Vicki to soothe the pain... http://media.medialink.com/WebNR.aspx?story=31800

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
seal9 said:
No, no, it isn't lost in the mail, it is is circling the planet...in orbit, with the socks ...that vanish from a pair between the washer and the dryer...and sunglasses (expensive ones) you lose while the cheap ones hang around...and it is circling with the checks were "in the mail" when I worked for myself....hahahaha...that is where that paper will be...good lord, you have patience and cool above mortal allotments. Your car has been sitting there for more than ten days now. Good lord. I feel for you....

·
Registered
154 Posts
mso

Not to knock the dealerships, but has anyone considered that claiming that the MSO has not arrived yet is just a really painless way for the dealer to hold onto the car for showing/publicity reasons. I can't blame them for trying to hold onto them for a while but if that is the case I would hope that they would just be honest about it & try to work out some sort of mutual benefit arangement.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ozyman222 said:
Not to knock the dealerships, but has anyone considered that claiming that the MSO has not arrived yet is just a really painless way for the dealer to hold onto the car for showing/publicity reasons. I can't blame them for trying to hold onto them for a while but if that is the case I would hope that they would just be honest about it & try to work out some sort of mutual benefit arangement.
This has been thought to be a reason by me and my co-workers. The dealer parks it on a spot right at the corner of a busy intersection every day, then moves it back into the showroom 'showcase' at night. The thing is, everyone I've spoken with at the dealership seem to be very honest in their desire to see me take possession. After all, driving the Sky around is pretty good advertising!

I'm definitely going to try and get the extended warranty thrown in as compensation for my suffering. Good thing I haven't found that noose yet... :eek: .

1 - 20 of 44 Posts